World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What the fuck do people have against NEW ZEALAND!

We are a small country so cut us some slack.

Anyway I am just glad that New Zealand made it to the World Cup, almost drew with Australia in the warm up match a few days ago

Proud New Zealander

Have a Nice Day!

New Zealand gunna get knocked out r1 without a win.

Also supporting Germany to take the cup like they should've last time.

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
who cares that we will lose!
I am just stoked that we made it here!

The white out at the caketin was awesome

Off the subject of the event itself, I'm looking forward to how the 3D broadcasting turns out. It'll be the first major 3D broadcast and will have a lot of impact on the future of the format. I have high hopes for it.

A
South Africa
France

B
Argentina
Greece

C
England
Slovenia

D
Germany
Australia

E
Denmark
Japan

F
Italy
Slovakia

G
Brazil
Portugal

H
Spain
Chile

go australia! finals this year if we can beat the english!

and if we get knocked out go france

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I didnt watch the game, so I am a little confused and am wondering if anyone can give me any sort of explanation as to how nz beat serbia?

Have a nice day.

ginganinja

Well.......yea i don't know how we did it either.
Smeltz scored the only goal but I thought we were going to choke. He woke up the whole hostel (o.k not really but we were pretty happy)
Pastion was awesome in goal although Serbia did miss a few sitters.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/footba...s/3754860/All-Whites-in-upset-win-over-Serbia

Thats the New Zealand highlights, am going to watch the full match replay ASAP

Vidich had to apeal to the fans to calm down

Well, i will save discussion of each team until the WC begins. For now sweet predictions!

A
Uruguay
Mexico/France

B
Argentina
South Korea

C
England
USA

D
Germany
Serbia

E
Netherlands
Cameroon

F
Italy
Paraguay

G
Brazil
Ivory Coast

H
Spain
Chile

Lol that was a great goal for NZ, i'm glad for them. The only game i have seen of them was against Mexico and they lost. I don't really expect them to advance, unlike Serbia that i really think is going to be a surprise at the WC.

A poll for you all.

Nationality.
Country you live.
Country you support for the WC 2010.
Your setup and formation of "your" WC country.

Nationality: Dutch.
Country I live: Netherlands.
Country I support on WC: Uruguay.
My formation and setup Uruguay.

4-4-2-window/4-1-2-1-2

--D Forlán-----------------------------L Suárez--
----------------------N Lodeiro--------------------
--I González----------------------S Fernández--
---------------------W Gargano-------------------
--D Lugano--D Godín--M Cácares--M Pereira--
---------------------F Muslera---------------------

The Dutch team often plays boring counter football. My favorite player is Luis Suárez (Ajax, Netherlands), the top scorer of the Dutch Eredivisie (35 goals and 17 assists in 33, he missed one this season because he got his 5th yellow card in the game before the one he missed, all cards for schwalbes). If he plays well at the WC and makes Uruguay champion, his worth will go up. Then Ajax will ask so much money clubs won't buy him so he stays with Ajax for more years, ManUtd, Barca, Arsenal and Juventus want to buy him for prices between 20 and 50 million Euro, Ajax asks at least 40 million Euro. Also, the Uruguayan team plays nice, attacking football. Normally I don't care that much about the WC, I prefer club football (Eredivisie, Ajax). I often support the country of my favorite player at the moment of the EC/WC. Now that is Uruguay.

Fairly sure England won't win this. Glen Johnson can't defend for shit, Gerrard hasn't given a fuck since 2006 let alone in an England shirt. Walcott, Lennon, Wright Phillips and all are the same kind of crappy winger that get stopped by a half-decent full back. Well, Lennon can terrorise a few quality defenders but he has no consistent output. Too many mediocre guys in the squad, especially back up. I mean if a full back gets injured or Rooney does we are fecked. Can I also say that if Scholes did come out of retirement, he should have been first on the team sheet.

USA to sweep their bracket
I wish that could happen, and I only see it happening if they find it in their hearts to actually play hard against England and upset them. Without Davies they're gonna be down a bit in speed, but they didnt look too bad against Turkey... I still just envision them doing how they did in 06' drawing a tie with Italy then getting spanked in the other 2 games

Honestly, I think it would've been cool if Canada went into the World Cup, but I wouldn't root for them very much anyway because I don't know the team very well. I'd rather cheer for a team that I know well, like England. In any case, even though I live in Canada, I would still cheer for England because they're the team I know the most. You know what I'm saying? I bet a TON of people here don't even know what I'm talking about though, since USA is in the Worlds and Canada isn't.

Brazil is going to win, what else?
Spain won't even get past the quaterfinals.
And England is going to fail like it always did.

I'm going with what thorns has pretty much. Except not south africa I mean they just suck

Also ARGENTINA will win it all

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
anyone for fantasy wc?

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/M/home.mc - you'll need to sign up for fifa.com first etc, but im sure this will be fun. teams can be picked after june 4th, when the teams announce their 23 man squads!

when you sign up, just join the smogon league with the code 315960-74409. dunno if people will join, but it seems like a fun idea.

I'm obviously going to be supporting ENG-ER-LAND, but if they get knocked out, I'm obliged to root for Germany. I'm not a traitor, I just stand to win £7 on a sweepstake if they come home with the title. Woo!

Stop giving me that weird look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)