NOC WORLD WAR Mafia - Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll do night actions but I am fundamentally opposed to vote counts

I'll update for day at deadline if Whydon can't but I've seen no evidence he can't

UncleSam

Leading this village
Deadline will be tomorrow night for at least a 24 hour extension to 10 PM PST on Tuesday, September 12th. This is more because the hosts need to discuss something critical to the game than because of anything else, however.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Oh and NO ON ELSE CLAIM UNTIL I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SPEAK TO WHYDON

If people feel they need an extension beyond what I've already given to deal with this I'm sure we can make that happen. Sorry for the hold-up; Yeti visited this weekend and between that and work I've not really been following this at all.

so in an awkward turn of events it looks like mass claims will break the game. this leads me to believe everyone's claims so far in the game. @ hosts let me know if i should drop this line of thinking, but DLE, Leet, other guy, good luck leading this town. I'm still on MeowMixx, and would absolutely love to hear what their opinion is on the fact that we can't see their comments anymore.

im just going to be lazy and post my notes

xnadrojx good
moody good
#63 im fine with this leet claim, miller who is told they are miller should claim methinks
FH's claim seems pretty nonsense but idk
shubaka very good
moody good #82
FH #86 WutFace
has xnadroj voted yet :thjinking:
#100 aubisio agreed

yea i change my mind on xnadroj. he's saying the right things but not voting. that doesn't look good to me. unvote vote xnadroj

personally would rather vote off the ??? players though (lookin at u acidphoenix...metal sonic...haruno...) shubaka is probably strongest town read, he's actually doing stuff and moving discussion forward. very good.

im a busy man so goodbye. here until i go to bed tho so like 15 min

I think DLE's reaction is reasonable but it's still very strange. Basically I have to ask myself if this is a legitimate DLE reaction? Did DLE really believe he was in danger? It's super out of character for him which is what bothers me, but then again, I've never really seen him put in a position like that (assuming that he truly believe he was about to be lynched).

I dunno guys,

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ok so basically originally it was supposed to be that once 4 villagers claimed any other villagers who claimed (including any hints / role name reveal / etc) past that would give the mafia a one-time kill usable at any point in time (with the freedom to allow for them to conceal when exactly the kills were granted, since only actual villager claims count against this total).

It is not revealed how many villagers have claimed. Since this was not posted at the start of the game as it was supposed to be I am leaning towards simply extending the limit to 5 before any extra kills are granted.

Claims that have occurred, if legitimate, will count against this total.

However as I am cohost I will Whydon make the final call on this. This is my recommendation for how to rectify this. It's up to you if you want to pursue a different solution but please let the players know ASAP what you decide because it will impact the course of discussion pretty significantly.

For the record I have made no effort to tally existing claims and have made no effort to determine how many are legitimate or otherwise. So I am going to strongly suggest not trying to read into this post other than that I saw that a crucial detail was neglected and must be mentioned ASAP.

that's a dumb mechanic

semi-mass claiming d1 was kind of unsmart anyway. role/flavor guessing is useless.

reads:
shubaka is a cool cat I think
I want to like hitmonleet but that miller claim throws me
vigvig needs to post something that doesn't parrot
former hope please
everyone else is whatever!

So basically everyone is in the war but can't claim which country they are representing. So you're basically you're the dutch - trade with both sides, sit back and watch the war, while drinking tea.

And what I have understood till now is that we first say that we must claim aliases, then dLE says no, then gets lynches. Some people claim aliases and then everyone goes "don't claim!!!1!1!".

MeowMiXXX has been posting some weird photos with weird font in it which I can't see because "CoolText Graphic Generator" has deleted the picture.

Earlio was firstly like "hey I'm scum" but then really appreciated XnadrojX when he pointed stuff out.

Jalmont making post #131 makes me feel that lynching someone makes you a townread.

Shubaka making the world's most mysterious sentence by saying "I'm telling you right now that you and DLE are on the same team. if that ends up being Not True, then oh no my D1 read in a NOC was wrong."

Hitmonleet saying that he's still suspicious of dLE but has hidden the reasons why somewhere deep in Antarctica, safe from war.

I said something bad about every notable person I could see here except dLE because of no absolute reason. Or probably because I just can't find anything good, up to you.

I didn't write anything bad about Former Hope too! Or probably I just don't find them notable yet. I have been inactive till now and thus find those people notable who appear a lot.

After that 'reveal' DLE seems like a pretty solid town read given his resistance to claim which seems objectively against the mafia's goals. Honestly, right now with the rule reveal Jalmont's desire to get DLE to claim his flavor seems really scummy as does. Also don't particularly like Leet actually getting the claims going but it's fairly excusable, however combined with his claim he does seem like a good choice for a lynch at this point.

Oh, also Vigilant seems also very towny after the reveal for post #68.

Finally ftr while my vote is on Meow, I don't intend to lynch him. I'm simply leaving it on there because my role is dumb and limits how many times I can switch my vote, however right now I'm mostly feeling a Leet or Jalmont lynch.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
that's a dumb mechanic

semi-mass claiming d1 was kind of unsmart anyway. role/flavor guessing is useless.

reads:
shubaka is a cool cat I think
I want to like hitmonleet but that miller claim throws me
vigvig needs to post something that doesn't parrot
former hope please
everyone else is whatever!
Why are you voting me if you have 0 anything on me

dont lynch me for suggesting this cause it's sometimes a good idea

do we have to lynch someone today? I know that generally you want to in Smogon mafia, but in ps (quick nocs) sometimes you do

just bringing the idea up for discussion

So basically everyone is in the war but can't claim which country they are representing. So you're basically you're the dutch - trade with both sides, sit back and watch the war, while drinking tea.

And what I have understood till now is that we first say that we must claim aliases, then dLE says no, then gets lynches. Some people claim aliases and then everyone goes "don't claim!!!1!1!".

MeowMiXXX has been posting some weird photos with weird font in it which I can't see because "CoolText Graphic Generator" has deleted the picture.

Earlio was firstly like "hey I'm scum" but then really appreciated XnadrojX when he pointed stuff out.

Jalmont making post #131 makes me feel that lynching someone makes you a townread.

Shubaka making the world's most mysterious sentence by saying "I'm telling you right now that you and DLE are on the same team. if that ends up being Not True, then oh no my D1 read in a NOC was wrong."

Hitmonleet saying that he's still suspicious of dLE but has hidden the reasons why somewhere deep in Antarctica, safe from war.

I said something bad about every notable person I could see here except dLE because of no absolute reason. Or probably because I just can't find anything good, up to you.
It was his big backlash against any claiming at all, which, after this reveal, is very interesting. On one hand, it seems towny now, but on the other, mafia could have known that and, believing that everyone knew so, disavowed any claiming to seem towny, which makes it really sus to me atm.

ok guys leet is scum because of post #113 Vote Hitmonleet
Could you perhaps clarify your rationale here? You come in, make a really short post claiming I'm scum, vote me, and then vanish off the face of the Earth. That's just... odd.

Unvote vote Thetwinmasters

Why are you voting me if you have 0 anything on me
I don't need to say anything about you because you said yourself that you were scummy and the best vote today

Champs first post on this page is bad and he should feel bad about it

I'm liking the things hitmon but not liking the things he does at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)