World's Best Pokemon Discussion Thread

I've come up with an idea that many of you might like and that is to create a thread in which the best Pokemon in the world are listed. What I mean by this is not if this Pokemon is better than that one (we have tiers for that purpose) but to select the best Pokemon of each specie.

This would require someone to create the thread and keep it up to date. This has to be done by someone who has a great knowledge of the metagame, sets, etc, because as you know a Pokemon having 31 IVs in every stat doesn't mean it is the best possible since it can be of a wrong nature or not having the desired Hidden Power type (mandatory in some Pokemon).

This thread's aim is for you to say if you like the idea and say what you would like to see if finally someone decides to make the thread. Also it would be great if people offer to do this since I don't have the experience/knowledge necessary to make it.

We should also discuss some things regarding this topic: should we include the best Pokemon for each set of the same species? Should we do a section for the best shinnies? Should we do a section for the best event Pokemon? What format would be the best for having the most information possible in the most compact space possible?

My thoughts about these is that it would be great if someone creates a thread listing every species (with its picture included for faster recognition) having the IVs, nature, moves of the best Pokemon of that specie and also the name of the owner/breeder as well as a link to its user's trading thread (if he/she has one).

If this is finally done it would be great for people to check and set themselves a goal for their new catch/breed. Now they wont just go for a good competitive Pokemon but they might try and breed/catch the best Pokemon in the world!

Best is an objective term. Some like a powerful CBtar and others like the unpredictability of Boah, so how is everyone going to agree on the best out of them?

I do believe we already have a whole branch of stark mountian devoted to covering good movesets/setups for almost every pokemon. Just read those and come to your own conclusions.

Did you even read the first post? You probably should try it. You know, this "reading" thing.

This sounds interesting. I would really like to see some competitive shinies, although I have no interest in it personally since I just play shoddy battle.

This is really a nice Idea~
We can't have the whole in this Thread included but SmogonBoardGamers^^
I'd suggest taking every species.
But for example...
If we have Salamence...
there can be more than one best: one for CB, one for CS, one for DD and so on...

Well I nominate three PKMN xP
Dystro's Jolteon
Plust's Blissey
and last but not least:
Jibaku's Jirachi

Basically, what he's saying is, let's scour the globe (or at least the forums) for the best... Jirachi, and record it here. THen, anyone can come look at this thread and see how good the 'best' Jirachi we've ever seen (IVs, Nature, etc) is, and how close YOUR Jirachi or whatever is to competing with that. It adds incentive for people to work ever harder to create the 'best' Plusle, or Raikou, if they know their work will me immortalized somewhere, and their name will be put into a receptacle with other similar achievements... plus, they'll get LOADS of trade offers, since they've been acknowledged as the 'best'.

Best is an objective term. Some like a powerful CBtar and others like the unpredictability of Boah, so how is everyone going to agree on the best out of them?

I do believe we already have a whole branch of stark mountian devoted to covering good movesets/setups for almost every pokemon. Just read those and come to your own conclusions.
Subjective.

And this sounds like an interesting idea. I dunno... there's some pretty great stuff in the WiFi forum. Would a distributed legendary with great IVs/nature/HP be the best?

Basically, what he's saying is, let's scour the globe (or at least the forums) for the best... Jirachi, and record it here. THen, anyone can come look at this thread and see how good the 'best' Jirachi we've ever seen (IVs, Nature, etc) is, and how close YOUR Jirachi or whatever is to competing with that. It adds incentive for people to work ever harder to create the 'best' Plusle, or Raikou, if they know their work will me immortalized somewhere, and their name will be put into a receptacle with other similar achievements... plus, they'll get LOADS of trade offers, since they've been acknowledged as the 'best'.
This is exactly what I meant, and don't forget that if you think you have a better one you should post it because if it is proved to be better, yours will get on the list.

Now that the idea is welcomed we need to discuss if we are going to include the best Pokemon for every set in the analysis forum or just the most common one for each specie (I vote for every set but if a poke has lets say 7 possible sets maybe limit that to the 2 or 3 more usable, but it depends on the amount of work the topic creator is willing to put in and also for the space it might occupy)

It's a pretty good idea. You can run it as a daily contest to see who has (or can find in people's threads) the best of each pokemon. I've been wondering what the best Porygon-Z is that's floating around smogon.

There has to be a better Jolteon than Dystro's. I hope. I can't be arsed to breed one myself. >_>

frostythecat has an excellent Jolteon as well. it has HP Ice 69 (1 point less than Dystro's), but it has much higher HP, while everything else is the same.

No one likes my Jolteon? Shocking, no pun intended.

Eevee - #133 (Timid) M
22/20/2/31/23/31

Hidden Power Type is 'Ice'. Hidden Power Power is 68.

I have the best Omanyte/star (lol :() on Smogon, course it isn't too great, but no one has beaten it (yet =\)

31/x/30/31/24/26

No one likes my Jolteon? Shocking, no pun intended.

Eevee - #133 (Timid) M
22/20/2/31/23/31

Hidden Power Type is 'Ice'. Hidden Power Power is 68.

Slightly better than Dystro's, I'd say, but still not at the maximum potential of Jolteon. Defense isn't that big of a deal, but it could definitely be higher, and the Hidden Power isn't at 70, which is a minus.

Still very good though.

I have what's probably the best Jolly Treecko </shamelessplug>, but only because I've seen just one other >_>

i think i have the best arceus. i hacked the item but the poke is legit.

Arceus - Mild 25/7/27/30/25/24

i think my chimchar and yanma are pretty good

naive chimchar 31/31/28/31/31/31
modest yanma 30/19/22/31/31/31 [hp ice 70 and speed boost ability]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)