Worst Nuzlocke Death

In my current nuzlocke of Y version, I ran into a wobbuffet in a cave. Of course, it had shadow tag so I couldn't escape. I had my axew in the lead, and she was a low level and could not take it out in one hit, so I got worried. I spammed hone claws to try to take the blobby beast down with a max-attack dual chop, which actually worked. Then I felt that I had nothing to fear with these wobbuffets. I encountered another wobbuffet and defeated it in the same fashion with hone claws and a powered-up dual chop, then got to the end of the cave where I decided to level up the axew for a minute. Another wobbuffet showed up, and I prepared for a dual chop with hone claws. Unfortunately, this wobbuffet had higher defense than the last two because it lived with a few hit points. And of course, it responded with counter. RIP Edna the axew.

When I was doing my X wedlocke, I was completely flawless up to ice cavern. I have eggplant and cabbage, my linoone and delphox, up front. I run into a trainer with a medicham with linoone up front. "Oh I'll switch to delphox" I say, so I switch and what do ya know, she used SHADOW BALL. SHADOW BALL OK SERIOUSLY WHAT KIND OF PREDICTION IS THAT. And then I replace him with a modest ampharos and conquer the leagues with one death that whole locke

My worst death was in pokemon black 2. I had a psyduck called Watermelon. It was at level 5-6. I was battling janitor Orville, he sent out lillipup, used tackle and I think it was a critical hit. I was thinking of using it for surfing. But my type of nuzlocke, if I beat Cheren, I get him back to life! My team was snivy, pidove, and purloin!

When I was doing my X wedlocke, I was completely flawless up to ice cavern. I have eggplant and cabbage, my linoone and delphox, up front. I run into a trainer with a medicham with linoone up front. "Oh I'll switch to delphox" I say, so I switch and what do ya know, she used SHADOW BALL. SHADOW BALL OK SERIOUSLY WHAT KIND OF PREDICTION IS THAT. And then I replace him with a modest ampharos and conquer the leagues with one death that whole locke
Congrats for one death!

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst nuzlocke death was losing my starter in black 2 to the first gym...I couldn't even restart because of how mad I was
Who was your starter?

In black 2, my psyduck died in its home. Janitor orville's lillipup killed psyduck. That made me cry when I see a psyduck. But, after I beat Cheren, my psyduck will be alive. That is my rule. When defeating gym leader, only one dead pokemon comes back to life!

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I tend to put my Pokemon to the extreme in Nuzlockes, and go without healing them for an unnecessary amount of time. This was especially true on that route below Blackthorn City at one point. I'd felt that I needed more time training before Clair but failed to heal after arriving from Ice Cave or Ice Path or whatever it's called in HGSS. So, naturally, one of my MVPs - my starter, Typhlosion - was low on health and I pit it up against a trainer's Pidgeot that conveniently had a Quick Attack under its wing, so to speak, and it whipped it out at an opportune moment and knocked out my starter. :( it was a depressing day

I'm doing a Versus Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2 Nuzlocke with someone I know. My Route 19 encounter was a Patrat. When I went to train it, a wild Starly critted it with Tackle. The game then gave me Lotad, who
was critted by a Pidove's Gust
that didn't kill.

Last edited:
i`d have to say... my fire red versus nuzlocke, my level 14 bulbasaur died, so close to evolving too :(

i put it in a box name "heaven" and put the star background there, then arbok died, sent it to hell (the volcano background) and left him there to die, i also had a beedrill, in this rom hack, (he has huge power) he totally destroyed everything, died to butterfree`s confusion :( thats why weedle>>>>caterpie, cant decide which is more tragic, bulbasaur or beedrill, bulbasaur was my starter, but beedrill had much better stats, both were great, they`re sitting in heaven right now.

also on the vs nuzlocke, he was spamming omg i lost my team core, in all caps, but he didnt die, he did like 10 secs after, i thought i won, but he died at sabrina`s gym, so i had to beat it, he gave me the option, flip a coin, or not

if i flipped, if heads, i could revive a dead pokemon, if tails, i put 2 pokemon in hell, and even if they deserved better, (brutal stuff) i got super lucky and got heads, i revived beedrill, swept sabrina with twin needle STAB 2x damage and super effective base 85 atk, that equals somewhere between 400-600 hp damage, only like a chansey or shuckle can live that, (if they weren`t psychic types) so i won, but i will never forget bulbasaur, it didnt get revived, sabrina would murder it on the spot... so really, bulbasaur is my worst death...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Everybody, please keep in mind that Smogon's usual rules for language quality and forum etiquette still apply in this thread. You are expected to make an effort not to appear half brain-dead to your readers (that is, try to make your post readable, and put some thought into spelling, sentence structure, capitalization and punctuation). It is still not allowed to double post. Single-line posts are discouraged. I'll leave the post above this un-deleted as a prime example of what NOT to do.

My epic Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke challenge. I got Nincada. I thought that Shedinja would be really good team member. It could wall so my pokemon and trainers. Right after my Nincada evolved to Shedinja I went to face Winstrate family. Marill killed my Shedinja with rollout. I was pissed. Afterwards I realized how stupid my idea was. Almost every single elite four pokemon could have attacked my Shedinja.

But now for the good part. Wicky, the grandma Winstrate killed my whole team with her Meditite. It's a level 18 Meditite with huge power and Hi Jump Kick. HI JUMP KICK! AT LEVEL 18! If only my Shedinja was still alive it would have walled Meditite. I was so pissed of. Pretty epic failure right there. I never finished that Nuzlocke challenge since all my most powerful pokemon had just died.

Later I tried Emerald Nuzlocke again, but died at the Elite Four. I hate level grinding.

My poor Swellow. I was critical hitted by Drake's Salamence. I knew I could live a hit, since I was at full health and I took a Dragon Claw or whatever before. RIP Sanic

Fire red, i had just beaten the e4, and was on my way to cerulean cave to finish of mewtwo, which was my final goal of the nuzlocke. On my way, I captured a sexy magnetron and called it hope. While I was in the cave both blitz (rapidas) and hope died :'( I did manage to beat mewtwo thanks to slowbro

R.I.P

Fire red, i had just beaten the e4, and was on my way to cerulean cave to finish of mewtwo, which was my final goal of the nuzlocke. On my way, I captured a sexy magnetron and called it hope. While I was in the cave both blitz (rapidas) and hope died :'( I did manage to beat mewtwo thanks to slowbro

R.I.P
Lemme guess.
Wobbuffet.

This morning I'm just past Fortree City on Omega Ruby. My team had changed but I had a core trio that had survived since the beginning of Gregor the Swampert, Cykes the Gardevoir and Cordelia the Swellow. They had managed to overcome nearly everything between them and since adding Machamp and Viral the Zangoose my team felt settled.

Losing Cordelia to a critical Water Pulse from a Milotic hurt, so much so that I wasn't sure if I could carry on. But I must.

Cordelia :(

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Losing Cordelia to a critical Water Pulse from a Milotic hurt, so much so that I wasn't sure if I could carry on. But I must.
Cooltrainer Jennifer... causing Nuzlocke casualties since 2003...

That one trainer - I know exactly who you're talking about - is a [derogatory term for female]. She and her Milotic are a true annoyance, and Jennifer remains one of the extremely few non-important NPCs to be mentioned frequently in the "Hardest relative trainer" thread.

Just a google research on Jennifer + Milotic

The Bane of Every Nuzlocker; A worldwide search for the most dangerous Pokemon, trainers, and species!
Ruby, Cooltrainer Jennifer's Milotic, Route 120: 6 deaths

That milotic single handedly made me fail my run. :'(
Hardest Relative NPC
I see nobody have brought up Cooltrainer Jennifer from Ruby/Sapphire. You walk along with your slightly underlevelled Pokémon, then BAM! A trainer! Oh, she has only one Pokémon? Milotic? That's cool...

...five minutes later, it's not cool anymore. I rushed a little too much through Sapphire, and Jennifer was the first trainer to beat me. That Milotic took everything I threw at it, Recovered back the damage, and confused me with Water Pulse until my entire team was down. I felt so pathetic afterwards.
RS's Cooltrainer Jennifer was another surprise, especially with rain making Milotic's Water Pulse the equivalent of Surf.
RSE has a few random wtf trainers that make people weep...Like that Cool Trainer on Route 120 with the Milotic...God that thing is a fucking bitch...
"That one Pokemon" you hate.
CoolTrainer Jennifer's Milotic in Pokemon Sapphire's Route 120. She destroyed my entire party while I was walking through the route, trying to gain Exp. for my Swellow to beat Winona. Basically, every time I enter that route, I make sure to do these things...
Save game.
Walk past her.
Reset if I engage in eye contact with her.
I love how a single character can bring so much hate :D For me, I've never lose to her because I always have a Grass or Electric pokemon, but I once lose one pokemon to her (I think it was a Gloom)

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When playing a randomizer Emerald run, I lost all of my mons before Roxanne 9 times in a row, but on the 10th time I made it.

That run is still alive. 10th time is the charm, I suppose.

Just a google research on Jennifer + Milotic

The Bane of Every Nuzlocker; A worldwide search for the most dangerous Pokemon, trainers, and species!

Hardest Relative NPC

"That one Pokemon" you hate.

I love how a single character can bring so much hate :D For me, I've never lose to her because I always have a Grass or Electric pokemon, but I once lose one pokemon to her (I think it was a Gloom)
Then ya'll will be happy to know that knocked out this one Milotic on Victory Road. I'm pretty sure that this is Jennifer's Milotic that you're all talking about.

Sapphire, my Kyogre wiped her out like a bug on a windshield. Not that my Alpha Sapphire run was in any way intended to be a Nuzlocke, and I DID soft-reset for a Modest nature. Primal Origin Pulse is so OP.

Speaking of which, do you think that maybe I should give a Nuzlocke a try? I'm not going to start over any of the versions that I currently have, but the way I figure it, nothing much is stopping me from when the next game comes out, about a year from now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)