Worst Nuzlocke Death

Then ya'll will be happy to know that knocked out this one Milotic on Victory Road. I'm pretty sure that this is Jennifer's Milotic that you're all talking about.

Sapphire, my Kyogre wiped her out like a bug on a windshield. Not that my Alpha Sapphire run was in any way intended to be a Nuzlocke, and I DID soft-reset for a Modest nature. Primal Origin Pulse is so OP.

Speaking of which, do you think that maybe I should give a Nuzlocke a try? I'm not going to start over any of the versions that I currently have, but the way I figure it, nothing much is stopping me from when the next game comes out, about a year from now.
Ace/Cool Trainer Jennifer is on Route 120, well before you'd have either Groudon or Kyogre. Right around where it's raining on that route. You don't have to fight her, but without a solid Grass or Electric Pokemon (and hopefully don't induce status to activate its Marvel Scale) she's a bitch to fight if you're not stupidly over-leveled. (not sure if Lati@s would make the fight any easier)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was training Sparrowmon, my Latias around that time.

Knowing me, my Pokemon were all either at a higher level (as I was doing my utmost to challenge any trainer I could find. Winona didn't stand a chance against me, if that gives you a good picture), or I used Cosplay, my Pikachu, or my Cradily, which I bred to have Storm Drain, to use Nuzzle then Spark, or just wall the hell out of Milotic, respectively.

I might've also kept using Dragonbreath until Milotic was paralyzed, then kept spamming Dragonbreath and Mist Ball until Milotic went down. Also having Recover on both Cradily and Sparrowmon helps.

Alright, an ORAS tale, then.
I'd just beaten Steven in an intense Swampert vs Metagross (jeez that thing hits hard) battle. I was halfway through the Delta Episode, on Devon Corporation's doorstep, mindlessly KOing Magma Grunts. My lead was Major the Exploud, who had put in work against Glacia, but had kind of sat back against Steven. I was running out of Boomburst PP, so I decided to switch over to Hyper Voice until I could get to a Center. Mindlessly tapping away at the screen, I looked up as my sister asked me a question, as a Magma Grunt sent out a Weezing. Exploud had always been a little slow, so I didn't question it when he went last. I assumed the Weezing had simply missed.
I looked back down to see:
The foe's Weezing fainted!
The foe's Weezing took the attacker down with it!
Major fainted!
I cried all the way until I caught Rayquaza
RIP Major the Exploud, level 8-60
And that is why Destiny Bond is the silent slayer of Nuzlocke friends

Alright, an ORAS tale, then.
I'd just beaten Steven in an intense Swampert vs Metagross (jeez that thing hits hard) battle. I was halfway through the Delta Episode, on Devon Corporation's doorstep, mindlessly KOing Magma Grunts. My lead was Major the Exploud, who had put in work against Glacia, but had kind of sat back against Steven. I was running out of Boomburst PP, so I decided to switch over to Hyper Voice until I could get to a Center. Mindlessly tapping away at the screen, I looked up as my sister asked me a question, as a Magma Grunt sent out a Weezing. Exploud had always been a little slow, so I didn't question it when he went last. I assumed the Weezing had simply missed.
I looked back down to see:
The foe's Weezing fainted!
The foe's Weezing took the attacker down with it!
Major fainted!
I cried all the way until I caught Rayquaza
RIP Major the Exploud, level 8-60
And that is why Destiny Bond is the silent slayer of Nuzlocke friends
Yeah, Destiny Bond sounds like a nasty way to go.

Me: I'd probably reset, and mumble "nope, that didn't just happen". But then, I've never done a Nuzlocke, so I can only guess.

It seems that the grunts save their Explosions and Destiny Bonds for Nuzlocke players, because not one Weezing that I battled was memorable in any fashion. Perhaps they aren't as stupid as I thought, but just plain demented.

Yeah, Destiny Bond sounds like a nasty way to go.

Me: I'd probably reset, and mumble "nope, that didn't just happen". But then, I've never done a Nuzlocke, so I can only guess.

It seems that the grunts save their Explosions and Destiny Bonds for Nuzlocke players, because not one Weezing that I battled was memorable in any fashion. Perhaps they aren't as stupid as I thought, but just plain demented.
After the death, my friend battled that grunt in a regular play through. According to him, it just spams Destiny Bond until it runs out of PP and then starts attacking...Guess my inattentiveness was to blame

Nuz the frogadier from my current pokemon Y nuzlocke challenge, especially since it was the pokemon that caried me the most. It was also right after I lost hope, my charmander... Having both your overpowered starters die before the second gym really fucking sucks!

My El Lagarto the Keckleon got killed by a trainer's Sableye in Mt. Pyre. The part that makes it so bad was it was all my fault. It got hit by a Psybeam (which changed type to Psychic) but in my head he was still immune to ghost. One Shadow Claw later, and I realized my mistake. Sorry bro :(

My Growlithe, Croconaw, Herdier and Chimchar when facing Burgh in Volt White 2, thankfully I deposited my starter in the box before facing him. I wasn't expecting the the level curve to change that much so I thought he would be a little tougher than the trainers but his Vespiquen destroyed all the PP of Fire Fang and Scyther wrecked the rest of the team. I have absolutely no idea how I'll defeat him with just a level 26 Servine with Dragon Rage.

EDIT: I (obviously) lost the nuzlocké.

Last edited:
I'm having a grand old time exploring Route 18 in Black. Then I run into Veteran Ray... and his L35 Basculin KOs four of my L34/36 Pokémon (fully grown Seismitoad, Stunfisk, and Excadrill. And a Boldore). The Excadrill, Seismitoad, and Stunfisk were OHKOs from full health! (The Seismitoad was a crit. The Boldore was me being desperate.)

I survive, but all I have left is a Darmanitan, a Frillish, and my reserves in the PC. And I can't fly back to town— I have to make my way back the long way. That was a harrowing moment.

Accidentally skipped a trainer on Route 119. All of my Pokemon were low on HP and I didn't have any healing items, so I wanted to go back to the Pokemon Center. On my way I accidentally walked in range of the trainer I skipped, and I lost three Pokemon. It was a demise..

I remember doing a run of X and poor bulbasaur was weak and underleveled and happened to be in the front. pursuit..... Why do you do this to me???

For me, one of my worst deaths was Doge, the Lucario in BW2.
It was a near perfect run(only two deaths; my starter on the first gym and one midgame, a magnemite) and I had beaten the rest of the elite four easily.
I sent in Lucario on Iris' Hydregion, set up two swords dances while it flamethrowers twice, failing to KO because Doge was kinda overleveled(lucky egg FTW)
I breeze through the team, until I get to that infernal Haxorus.
Doge used Ice Punch!
It's Super Effective!
Foe Haxorus hung on using its focus sash!
Foe Haxorus used Earthquake!
It's Super Effective!
Doge fainted!

So very sad. I got really lucky with the Riolu encounter at the ranch, evolved it early and taught it Ice punch with my shards. RIP Doge.

Reactions: JES
Just happened about 5 minutes ago in my Black Nuzlocke, Clay's Excadrill scored 3 straight crits to knock out Dewott, Krokorok, and Leavanny. My first time losing a starter before the Champion :(

Oh this brings back memories.
Soulsilver, I knew what Whitneys milktank could do, even so, my entire party of 6 reduced to a mere one. My starter dead. First capture, dead. But this was but a prelude. Later on, after wrecking morty's gengar with a level 10 togepi, I headed to olivine and a trainer got two crits in a row, but the most painful, worst death in a Nuzlocke.....My Eevee. Soulsilver still. I had a ditto and bred about 10 Eevees, but that original Eevee died. Poor EEVEE died. What did it die to? A single crit. :(

EDIT: One other death in ORAS, A good run, 4 deaths, My belly drum Linoone sweeper the dragon elite four member who I would've died to without it, Died against Stevens Metagross, I should've switched you out :( Now you lie dead :( :( :(
#NeverForget
Soulsilver death count: 20

Last edited:
It was a good plan... my first X Nuzlocke. Up against Olympia, all that's left is her Meowstic. I had a great plan. It was an amazing plan. I'd send in Venusaur (Sycamore.) have him Sleep Powder and Leech Seed Meowstic after Mega Evolving, and then switch out to whoever hits hardest on my team. I have pretty much no defenses against Psychic. I had lost my Flotette, Goldenrod, not long before to an Aqua Tail from some person. Meowstic woke up! I send Sycamore back in, forgetting the only reason I got Meowstic to sleep was because it was setting up Calm Mind...

Meowstic used Psychic!
It's super effective!
Sycamore fainted!

;~; RIP I avenged him though.

Last edited:
I wanted to try a nuzlocke out on pokemon yellow yesterday and i had just gotten pikachu when gary god damn oak just rips me a new one with eevee. Turn 1 thundershock crits then tackle crits. Turn 2 thundershock misses and tackle crits for the win. Screw nuzlocke im just gonna play til the battery dies

I started a Nuzlocke challenge in my Y game over the weekend, and after spending 45 minutes playing with my Azurill in PokemonAmie, it got hit with a critical hit Ember from a Litleo, promptly knocking it right the f&(! out.

I was excited about an Azumarill. But nooooooooo.

The single worst death in nuzlockes is when you have to put one of your own Pokemon to death. The fact is, it is better to kill 1 or 2 of your pokemon than to white out and fail, at least in my opinion. There are a bunch of times where I would've been screwed if not for having to use some Pokemon as death fodder - this is why I usually have 5 main Pokemon in my nuzlockes and a 6th underleveled Pokemon, however this doesn't always work. Sometimes I do use 6 Pokemon, this would be in the games Red/Blue, FR/LG, D/P/Pt and on my first run of XY. But eh idk there you go.
Ok this can work but with each city that you reach, the wild pokemon levels are higher than the previous. So you should catch at least one wild poke per city as a death fodder. Normally i tend to go for rock pokemon with sturdy. so i can get a guaranteed turn to heal

So... doing a run in platinum. It had been a hard run, losing my starter and several close wipes early on due to playing too fast and several really bad patches of luck. But I was determined. I had a gligar, ralts, and eevee, most barely used since I already had a set team before the near wipe. With a lot of time those three became the stars of my team, gliscor and umbreon walling most anything that could be thrown at 'em and gallade mowing things down before they could get in a hit. We made it all the way to victory road, and then all three went down in an ace trainer double battle. You really can get attached to the guys if you put work on them individually. Almost just gave up.

Instead I levelled up little togepi and swept the elite 4 with a flinch hax togekiss. First nuzlocke I ever won and feel like I maybe kinda cheated...

So... doing a run in platinum. It had been a hard run, losing my starter and several close wipes early on due to playing too fast and several really bad patches of luck. But I was determined. I had a gligar, ralts, and eevee, most barely used since I already had a set team before the near wipe. With a lot of time those three became the stars of my team, gliscor and umbreon walling most anything that could be thrown at 'em and gallade mowing things down before they could get in a hit. We made it all the way to victory road, and then all three went down in an ace trainer double battle. You really can get attached to the guys if you put work on them individually. Almost just gave up.

Instead I levelled up little togepi and swept the elite 4 with a flinch hax togekiss. First nuzlocke I ever won and feel like I maybe kinda cheated...
I understand the feel of cheating, felt the same when I Toxic-stalled the entire e4 on HG with my Umbreon with a bit of support from my Extreme Speed Dragonite.

In terms of nuzlocke deaths, I will always remember losing PunchingBag the Makuhita when I used Fake Out on a Zubat and forgot it had Inner Focus....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)