"Worst Pokémon Ever"

I personally feel the Jigglypuff line is pretty horrible. These Pokemon have some of the worst stat distributions in the game, with their offenses being mediocre and their defenses and speed being horrible and offsetting their amazing HP. For a fully evolved Pokemon of a 3 Pokemon evolutionary line, Wigglytuff's Base Stat total is surprisingly low at 435 (425 before the gen 6 buff) which is lower than a fair amount of middle evolutions like Electabuzz and Sliggoo. In game and competitively, there really is no reason to use it as a Normal type over Clefable apart from having slightly better availability because Clefable just does everything Wigglytuff could do, but better due to its better stat distribution, abilities, and Movepool. While Gen 6 did give Wigglytuff a few notable buffs by giving it Competitive, better Special Attack, and giving it the new Fairy typing (making it the best Giratina-O Counter, go figure), its still not enough to improve its standing in comparison to other, better Pokemon, as its still outclassed (and bad) as both a Normal and Fairy-type.
They're certainly terrible, but if we're only going by usefulness (both in-game and competitively), then there have been far, far worse offenders than the Jigglypuff line.

Sunkern
A-Gentleman, we need two new pokemon, what should they be?
B-I think they should be grass types!
A-Alright.
C- Maybe, the pre-evolution shouldn't be that strong, but not that wea-
D-I HAVE AN IDEA!MAKE THE PRE EVOLUTION HAVE THE WORST BST (before gen 7) OF ALL POKEMON!
(A stares at D)
A-You're a GENIUS,D! Let's make this one of them!

I know this is obvious, but, come on! EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS POKEMON SUCKS! Its movepoll consists of almost only grass moves and normal moves! (The only 5 moves that are not this type are ok), Petlil and Liligant has a similar movepoll, but you know why it works? Because it consists mostly of special/status moves and Liligant's SPA is not 30.
Can it survive a hit? no, its HP is only 30
Can it attack? no, its attack is only 30
Can it be a wall? no, its defense is only 30
Can it use specially attack? no, its SPA is only 30
Can it survive special attacks? no, its SPD is only 30
Can it at least be fast? no, its speed is only 30

Spinda isn't that good of a pokemon, with its 360 BTS, but this is half a Spinda it has miserable 180 BST.

Crabominable. Once again Gamefreak have no idea what to do with offensive ice types by making it slow and thinking high HP will make up for it. At least give it ice shard. In my opinion a horrendous design (mainly the Clemont hair and goofy face). Not even good in game because it only evolves right before the end of the game IIRC. Its pre evolution also always interrupts when I want to pick berries!
I can't agree more. I caught that thing early in the game thinking it was going to be good. Was hoping for it to reach a good design upon evolving to its last stage... But nope...

Crabominable at least has an interesting design backstory going for it. It's a yeti crab (a deep sea crab in real life) only obtainable by going to the top of a high peak in the Alola region (c.f. Mauna Kea, the tallest mountain in the world with its base far below sea level, in Hawaii); the implication is that it's reached it's apex, literally and figuratively, as a climber.

Crabominable is the worst Pokemon I've ever seen.

I wasn't a massive fan of Crawbraler personally, but I wasn't against the idea of a boxing themed crab design. I really thought it couldn't get any worse.

It looks like a Mcdonalds Happy Meal toy for some terrible animated movie that somehow ended up as a Pokemon design...

Also first post, yay!

Crabominable is the worst Pokemon I've ever seen.

I wasn't a massive fan of Crawbraler personally, but I wasn't against the idea of a boxing themed crab design. I really thought it couldn't get any worse.

It looks like a Mcdonalds Happy Meal toy for some terrible animated movie that somehow ended up as a Pokemon design...

Also first post, yay!
To each their own, but I personally find Crabominable to be hilarious. I would've preferred it to be faster, or at least evolve much sooner than at the League's doorstep, but it's far from the worst. That dubious honor falls to Lumineon and Basculin, who both feel like their only purpose is to fill space in the Pokedex. I'm almost convinced that Game Freak forgot Lumineon even exists when they were deciding what Pokemon should receive buffs to a stat or so in Sun and Moon despite including it as part of the Alola dex, as it could stand to hit harder than a wet noodle.

To each their own, but I personally find Crabominable to be hilarious. I would've preferred it to be faster, or at least evolve much sooner than at the League's doorstep, but it's far from the worst. That dubious honor falls to Lumineon and Basculin, who both feel like their only purpose is to fill space in the Pokedex. I'm almost convinced that Game Freak forgot Lumineon even exists when they were deciding what Pokemon should receive buffs to a stat or so in Sun and Moon despite including it as part of the Alola dex, as it could stand to hit harder than a wet noodle.
Basculin feels too gimmicky and pointless to me. It's like Gamefreak sat down and decided to make a Pokemon that comes in different colours again, then forgot all about it and just cobbled together a fish at the last moment.

It's a shame that there are forgettable pre-evolutions to Pokemon that are just as forgettable because neither may as well not exist. I think they just wanted Sinnoh to have its own regional fish, though personally I think there hasn't been a good regional fish since Carvanha/Sharpedo.

They're certainly terrible, but if we're only going by usefulness (both in-game and competitively), then there have been far, far worse offenders than the Jigglypuff line.
Jigglypuff can at least put things to sleep to make them easier to catch. That's gotta give it a major in-game boost imo.

Ledian is a horrible Pokemon.

Johto has an unusually high amount of Trash Mons, from Sunflora to Bellossom to Aipom before Gen 4 to Unown.
Unown is still the worst Pokemon at battling in my opinion, but because it's a given and because this thread wants us to be creative, I will continue.

Ledian's stats are what screw it over. The only notable stats are its average Speed and its 110 Sp. Defense, and by the standards of the OR/AS power creep, that isn't even as impressive. 110 Sp. Defense also means nothing when you have no HP to back it up, a horrible defensive typing, and a 4x Stealth Rock weakness. Ledian still finds itself outspeed by a fair amount of things and because it has zero offenses, all it has been able to do in competitive is attempt to pull off extraordinarily niche Baton Pass and Dual Screen sets.

It's such a shame, because I really want to like Ledian. I'd love to use this thing viably, it's design is great. Ledian is not my pick for the worst Pokemon of all time. It has a good design and can at least try to pull something off in competitive. The biggest thing is just how disappointing it is. What are its stats? Why are these a thing? In a cruel twist of fate, Ledian got Air Slash, meaning Game Freak hasn't forgotten about it. This means that they actually think there's something worth not buffing Ledian for. It has no useful abilities, and if it does, its stats contradict them. Its typing is horrible and at this point, just a snore to see.

Ledian will tragically forever be eclipsed, and for that, I feel legitimate sorrow for the Five Star Pokemon.
In regards to what it isn't, I think Ledian is tragically one of the worst fully evolved Pokemon that evolves from an LC Pokemon. Ledyba isn't any better either.

Ledian is a horrible Pokemon.

Johto has an unusually high amount of Trash Mons, from Sunflora to Bellossom to Aipom before Gen 4 to Unown.
Unown is still the worst Pokemon at battling in my opinion, but because it's a given and because this thread wants us to be creative, I will continue.

Ledian's stats are what screw it over. The only notable stats are its average Speed and its 110 Sp. Defense, and by the standards of the OR/AS power creep, that isn't even as impressive. 110 Sp. Defense also means nothing when you have no HP to back it up, a horrible defensive typing, and a 4x Stealth Rock weakness. Ledian still finds itself outspeed by a fair amount of things and because it has zero offenses, all it has been able to do in competitive is attempt to pull off extraordinarily niche Baton Pass and Dual Screen sets.

It's such a shame, because I really want to like Ledian. I'd love to use this thing viably, it's design is great. Ledian is not my pick for the worst Pokemon of all time. It has a good design and can at least try to pull something off in competitive. The biggest thing is just how disappointing it is. What are its stats? Why are these a thing? In a cruel twist of fate, Ledian got Air Slash, meaning Game Freak hasn't forgotten about it. This means that they actually think there's something worth not buffing Ledian for. It has no useful abilities, and if it does, its stats contradict them. Its typing is horrible and at this point, just a snore to see.

Ledian will tragically forever be eclipsed, and for that, I feel legitimate sorrow for the Five Star Pokemon.
In regards to what it isn't, I think Ledian is tragically one of the worst fully evolved Pokemon that evolves from an LC Pokemon. Ledyba isn't any better either.

Isn't it based on a superhero? I'd love to use it but it doesn't seem very usable.

They ban all the event pokemon. If you consider that most people will never have them, it kind of makes sense. Now no one has to watch out for Victini and the people who didn't get the event aren't at what little disadvantage that would have made. And yet Mega-Kangaskhan still hasn't been stopped.
They nerfed Parental Bond from 50% to 25% for the second hit. It's not much, but it does knock it down a peg.

To me, it has to be Cosmog and Cosmoem.

They have a few cool things going on, to be honest. The whole "proto universe" concept, the fact they are the first legendary evolution line, a split line no less. Cosmoem being tiny but extremely heavy like the universe was before the Big Bang. Overall, nice concept.

But the fact that you have to go through 53 (is that right?) levels of utter passivity to get your cover legend is just so needlessly frustrating to me. I get exp. share and all but it just seems too much for me.

They have a few cool things going on, to be honest. The whole "proto universe" concept, the fact they are the first legendary evolution line, a split line no less. Cosmoem being tiny but extremely heavy like the universe was before the Big Bang. Overall, nice concept.

But the fact that you have to go through 53 (is that right?) levels of utter passivity to get your cover legend is just so needlessly frustrating to me. I get exp. share and all but it just seems too much for me.
But you get a cover legendary anyway for free, Cosmog is just the "spare." That and since Gen 7 uses Gen 5's exp system, it really only takes about one Elite Four run to get it nearly to 53 (with a lucky egg and a rainbow bean used for their bonuses).

...wait, have you played Sun/Moon yet? I feel I'm accidentally spoiling something for you.

That and since Gen 7 uses Gen 5's exp system, it really only takes about one Elite Four run to get it nearly to 53 (with a lucky egg and a rainbow bean used for their bonuses).
Uhm... I may be doing something wrong, but I'm sure it generally takes two Elite Four runs to take a Pokemon to over Level 50 with a Lucky Egg and a Rainbow Bean.

Uhm... I may be doing something wrong, but I'm sure it generally takes two Elite Four runs to take a Pokemon to over Level 50 with a Lucky Egg and a Rainbow Bean.
Well, it depends on the pokemon (since they all have different leveling curves). But come to think of it I may have done a battle buffet run or two before going to the elite four, can't remember for sure.

I just don't remember it being that hard to get to 50. Getting to over 50 is a pain to be sure, but just 50 is okay.

But you get a cover legendary anyway for free, Cosmog is just the "spare." That and since Gen 7 uses Gen 5's exp system, it really only takes about one Elite Four run to get it nearly to 53 (with a lucky egg and a rainbow bean used for their bonuses).

...wait, have you played Sun/Moon yet? I feel I'm accidentally spoiling something for you.
Oh I really like your avatar. I wish I'd have thought of doing that, Gurren Lagann is the best!

Well, it depends on the pokemon (since they all have different leveling curves). But come to think of it I may have done a battle buffet run or two before going to the elite four, can't remember for sure.

I just don't remember it being that hard to get to 50. Getting to over 50 is a pain to be sure, but just 50 is okay.
Cosmog and Cosmoem have Slow curves according to Bulbapedia, so it may take three runs, but two tends to be enough.

Of course, provided you are not leveling up multiple Pokemon. Given there's only one Lucky Egg...

Okay, now I'm curious: how bad are Cosmog and Cosmoen?

Cosmog's entire learnset: Splash and Teleport. It evolves at Level 43.
Cosmoem's entire learnset: Splash, Teleport and Cosmic Power. It evolves at Level 53.

That bad.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, that is just hilarious! Now we know Game Freak has been listening to us, about how we complained having Lucario, and then Latio/as handed to us!!!

Because they got really creative in making us have to earn our legendaries! This makes Magikarp look like a cake walk in comparison!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)