Worst Sports Fans

I've always believed that Philadelphia has the worst sports fans..and that was before I saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2isksLw0jW8

What a bunch of tools..

Do any of you guys have any stories from going to games as an away fan? Most of my experiences with home team fans as an away team fan have been rather friendly.

nfl: the bears fan who blinded the steelers fan. ive heard a lot of stories of bears fans doing all kinds of shit to other teams fans but nothing that far. i love the team and orginization, despise the diehard chicago fans though.

however, on any other road game ive gone to for the ravens, ive always had good experiences, so i cant really comment from experience, just what i read online.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
toronto maple leafs fans are the best and worst at the same time.

On one hand they are the most loyal fans ever for sure, and when the leafs are winning, no one is partying harder.

On the other hand they are the most ignorant and uninformed bunch of idiots ever...any scrub player the leafs get is our new saviour, and they eat up everything the media says. There's always next year...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh, I particularly dislike Patriots fans, as most of them are just bandwagoners from the earlier 2000s. In addition, they tend to be incredibly snobby as if being from Boston makes their shit not stink.

In contrast, when I attended the Steelers-Cowboys game last year, most of the Cowboys fans I came across were intelligent, respectful, and friendly. This is surprising because the Steelers-Cowboys rivalry has been around since the 70s, when the two dynasties were competing and met in the Super Bowl twice.

I think -most- fans will be respectful if you give them respect first. The problem that arises most of the time is that neither side wants to be the bigger man, so they end up awkwardly ignoring each other and ultimately conflicting over something trivial.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Philadelphia. There is just no way to possibly argue on this point, they're all humongous pricks, and what's worse is they enjoy it and flaunt it. Nobody else throws snowballs and batteries at Santa Claus and then brag about it for 10 years.

For hockey, though, I can't stand Toronto or Montreal fans. They're loud, obnoxious drunks, and every time they come down to Buffalo they get rowdy and start tons of fights and generally ruin the experience for lots of Buffalo fans. I don't begrudge them the opportunity to support their teams, but they don't have to be fucking douchebags all the time.

Always bout the us

Honestly, the worse I've seen were the bosnian fans. Godamn bastards were spitting on the Portugal team AND the refs, in the middle fo the game!

For hockey, though, I can't stand Toronto or Montreal fans. They're loud, obnoxious drunks, and every time they come down to Buffalo they get rowdy and start tons of fights and generally ruin the experience for lots of Buffalo fans. I don't begrudge them the opportunity to support their teams, but they don't have to be fucking douchebags all the time.
Canadians are passionate about their teams to a fault.
Most of them are what you said.
However, I can't believe no one has mentioned Oakland's fans yet.

Just looking at this, does that give you the impression that they are nice at all?
Even so, there are some cool fans there:

Philadelphia. There is just no way to possibly argue on this point, they're all humongous pricks, and what's worse is they enjoy it and flaunt it. Nobody else throws snowballs and batteries at Santa Claus and then brag about it for 10 years.

I wish I had something more creative to add but DM stole my opinion. Even if they do I will never let the Santa thing go because it's awfully low, especially since you know there were kids in the crowd. Though it seems like every time I watch a game in Philly or read an article they've done something else stupid, they're "amazing."

Seconding the Canadian hockey fans as well, though it's not as big a deal here since we both almost always beat them and don't have them in our division so the rivalry just isn't there(except in Toronto's mind, apparently).

Adding Anaheim's hockey fans as well... in addition to being generally unknowledgeable in my experience(Hockey in California, shocker), I'm still mad at their reaction to the double intentional head hit by Niedermayer/Pronger three years ago, but most of all I'd say shit like this is a great example of why they're tools: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvFo18SJZQE

nfl: the bears fan who blinded the steelers fan. ive heard a lot of stories of bears fans doing all kinds of shit to other teams fans but nothing that far. i love the team and orginization, despise the diehard chicago fans though.
is there a link or something to this? i hadn't heard of it.

The Mexican Soccer fans.

When USA visits Mexico for a game, in they're home field. Those USA players get treated like shit ;/

Throwing beer, paper, food. When the player is about to do a Corner kick, is sad man.
Landon Donovan gets raped everytime he goes down there and kicks a corner.

There were, and still are, the English football hooligans. The sort of groups whose primary aim is to start fights - often pre-organised against rivals, and away from the stadium itself nowadays to try and avoid the police. I don't know any specifics because I don't go to matches myself.
It was at its worst back in the 70s and 80s, with things like the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_Kenilworth_Road_riot and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster

From what I've heard, though, one of the biggest rivalries in the whole world is in Australia: Ford vs Holden.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
The Mexican Soccer fans.

When USA visits Mexico for a game, in they're home field. Those USA players get treated like shit ;/

Throwing beer, paper, food. When the player is about to do a Corner kick, is sad man.
Landon Donovan gets raped everytime he goes down there and kicks a corner.
Maybe it has something to do with Donovan insulting us, mexicans, in an interview before a game -.-

Edit: Im pretty sure that for 2006 worldcup or so, i dont quite remember, he said some provocative words that caused some controversy around the country.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Millwall fans are definitely up there. They have been involved in many bad fights after games such as on the 26th August 2009 when they fought with West Ham fans after the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-says-he-was-poisoned-blinded-by-bears-fans/

a lot of rumor sites posted it as well as legitimate ones, but this is basically the story all of them have. profootballtalk is usually reliable but its under the "rumors" section i believe, so ill try to find a more credible source.

yes "he should have known not to take candy from strangers" but honestly, going this far after football trash talk?

and its not just this, the bears fan just have a bad name for always heckling or being too braggish (best players, best team of all time, etc.). sure, you can show pride in your team, but i hear it from them and their fanbase, online and irl, way too much.

Having previously lived in the Charlotte Metro area, I can personally attest to how ridiculously fairweather the Carolina Panthers fanbase is. No one even mentioned the panthers in casual conversation until the year of the super bowl - nothing beforehand at all. Worst attendance in years, tickets were literally given away.

It just makes me angry when you don't support your team through the bad times - why even bother supporting them through the good?

moot, i think it has something to do with the fanbase still being fairly new. it's the same problem in jacksonville.

i wouldnt say leafs fans are the worst, but they are definately the biggest group of uninformed fuckheads in canada. i hate leafs fans, and im from toronto

Did anybody else see how, during the Eagles game, they threw snowballs at 49ers players in the endzone or was that just me?

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
This.

As for experiences, I haven't really had anything terribly bad happen. The only thing I can remember is when I went to a Yankees/Angels game at Angel Stadium decked out in my Yankee gear. Some guy in front of me shows up in the 3rd inning tells me and my buddy that "we're not in Yankee Stadium" for a bit then leaves in the 6th inning like all Southern California sports fans.

This.

As for experiences, I haven't really had anything terribly bad happen. The only thing I can remember is when I went to a Yankees/Angels game at Angel Stadium decked out in my Yankee gear. Some guy in front of me shows up in the 3rd inning tells me and my buddy that "we're not in Yankee Stadium" for a bit then leaves in the 6th inning like all Southern California sports fans.

I wish somebody would do some shit like that to me. People are mad ignorant, i wouldn't pull some thing like that if a Mets fan came to Yankee stadium or an Angel fan itself. That's just low.

I think the Miami Heat fans were about as obnoxious as the bandwagon fans could become. It made them "beating us" about 93580324824 times more annoying.

(Philadelphia is still worse though).

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I hate Canadiens fans.

I can understand my home crowd boo'ing Komisarek, for leaving the team for a little difference in salary. I can understand my home crowd boo'ing a player like Brière, a local boy, for refusing to play here after being offered a huge contract.

But I can't accept that same crowd boo'ing Kovalev, who didn't choose to leave, who wanted to stay here.

I can't accept that same crowd boo'ing Guillaume Latendresse a week after being traded, as if he ever asked to be. Moreover he left reminding everyone just how much he loved the fans.

And I really can't accept how some dumbshits thought it was a good idea to boo Lecavalier, because he wasn't traded to Montreal during the summer.

At the very least they boo Shane Doan and rightfully so whenever he skates here. I'd even add my own to theirs if I'm there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)