Worst Type Combination

Which are the worst type combination???
YOu can say the worst and you can tell me which type you not will have.

Rock/Fire is the worst types 4x Weakness to Ground and Water just Awful.

Ice/Rock: Should be the worst type if it comes in next generation.
4x to rock and steel.

Which are the worst type combination???
YOu can say the worst and you can tell me which type you not will have.

Rock/Fire is the worst types 4x Weakness to Ground and Water just Awful.

Ice/Rock: Should be the worst type if it comes in next generation.
4x to rock and steel.
I like this thread. Pure Ice is awful IMO.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Heh, Normal/Ice would be pretty terrible having 1 resistance, with a 4x weak to fighting and having the rest of ice's weaknesses.

Bug/Grass is awful as well. Wormadam-Grass and Parasect have to suffer from this awful typing that give 2 double weaknesses to fire/flying which are extremely common types.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When it comes to typings though, you got to think about it on BOTH offense and defense. For instance, Bug/Fighting has a crap load of weaknesses, but it's freaking amazing on the offensive side so heracross' stabs are awesome! But, if say Heracross were built like a weezing stat-wise, it would be a freaking joke. On the flip side if weezing were built like a heracross it'd be a joke too.

On that note I'd like to propose: Steel/Poison

Crappy as hell on offense AND defense . . . ok, maybe not too bad on defense, but it's 4x weak to ground. :P

IMO, in todays OU Grass/Flying would be the worst type combination, weak to stealth rock, quad weakness to ice (which is everywhere), weak to fire, all of one types resistances get canceled out by the others weakness (except for fighting, and grass was already resistant to ground). Its pretty much a fighting pokemon counter, until you realize nearly all of them pack stone edge or have another type that neutralizes the weakness. A shocking combination.

I really hate dragon / flying since ice type moves are pretty common on every team. Also Ice / Normal would be bad.

When it comes to typings though, you got to think about it on BOTH offense and defense. For instance, Bug/Fighting has a crap load of weaknesses, but it's freaking amazing on the offensive side so heracross' stabs are awesome! But, if say Heracross were built like a weezing stat-wise, it would be a freaking joke. On the flip side if weezing were built like a heracross it'd be a joke too.

On that note I'd like to propose: Steel/Poison

Crappy as hell on offense AND defense . . . ok, maybe not too bad on defense, but it's 4x weak to ground. :P
Lol I totally agree. When you think about it most powerful ous has 4x weaknesses. Weavile dark,ice dragons are 4x to ice. Tyranitar has 4x fighting weakness because of dark,rock. I didn't forget gyarados being 4x to electric. Should I go on. Breloom has 4x to flying. Every power comes with a price(except for the ubers though:P). I hate fire,flying. SR damages %50. Come on in two swithces your pokemon is a guarantee loser.

A Bug/Ice one would switch into SR + full spikes losing 75% of its HP. That's pretty ugly. Also, the weaknesses of the combo are many and the resistances not.

Ice/Fire on a physical tank would probably be the single worst I could think of.

Offensively it's harder seeing as pokes can get round crappy offensive types with sheer brute power and a decent movepool (see Metagross).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
A special wall Water flying type. man that would suck.

...Oh wait.
Lol XD

Well, defensively, I think Bug/Flying is pretty crappy. Flying type just gives a Ground immunity (and Bug already resists it anyway), Fight/Grass resist (again, Bug already resists these types), and three nasty weakenesses. Grass/Bug and Grass/Psychic are bad too, but at least they have some nice resists (Water, Fight, Ground...).

Anything with Steel is somewhat usable. Even with a 4x weak to Ground, like Steel/Rock, because they still have resistances. But Ice/Normal... Yeah, it truly sucks, hands down.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A special wall Water flying type. man that would suck.

...Oh wait.
LOL win.

Bug/Grass. There's a reason you never ever see Parasect anywhere.

Rock/Fire wouldn't be so bad on a pokemon that had the offensive power and Speed to abuse the STABs. I can think of few things that can take Overheat/Stone Edge/HP Grass except Garchomp and Flygon, who could be taken out instead by HP Ice. Mega props if said Fire/Rock could also Thunderbolt. Earth Power would be logical on it as well. It isn't really Fire/Rock that sucks as a combo as much as it is Magcargo bites.

Grass/Ice is pretty bad too.

Grass/Dragon would be highly situational, as would Ice/Dragon.

Normal/Ice would be pretty bad.

fire-ice pokemon have 4 weaknesses to some of the most popular attack types out there
4x rock
2x fighting
2x ground
2x water

they do 4x resist ice however, but they still blow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)