Wow.. I was checking out some of the stuff I posted back in '05

Age doesn't matter, I joined GameFAQs when I was 11 (I'm 13 now) and joined Smogon when I was 12 and nobody noticed unless I told them.

I agree that Smogon is intimidating, the way you guys post rules makes me afraid to post because I think I'm gonna get banned or something. :/

I remember the first team I put up in a different forum had like dragonite with dd and ice beam, and noob stuff like that, and I didnt even know what special attack and defense were my bro told me they were your defenses towards super effective hits and special attack was the attack you used when you landed a se hit, boy was I wrong >_>,

I argued that attract was a viable option to fight Blissey >_>

Edit: Basics, how did you get the I could be banned title?

I got out of that phase mostly through an Animal Crossing community I used to go to and, to a lesser extent, IRC. I find looking back upon such things to be upsetting for some reason; possibly because I realise so much time has passed.

If I see a post that's particularly bad, I tend to check how many posts they have made and when they joined. I generally think that it's a bad sign when they have several hundreds in only a few months but maybe I'm just being cynical.

EDIT: Actually part of the sadness is seeing how many people I've lost touch with. Plog and TheCrow for example; I wonder what they're doing now.

In terms of Pokemon, though, I remember thinking the Special stat just had some influence on STAB. e.g. Rhydon using Rock Slide would ignore its Attack for damage calculation.

RicepigeonKKM

Wait, who?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Eh, alot of my posts were considered retarded by the higher ups, eventually to the point where the majority wanted me banned, and it was so. Until chaos decided to remove all the bans, and thats when I came back.

Even now, a good number of those who wanted my ban might still consider a good number of my posts nubish regardless of whether they really are or not, even after several months of my inactivity.

I argued that attract was a viable option to fight Blissey >_>

Edit: Basics, how did you get the I could be banned title?
Well, back in the day it was more like if some member of the administration really hated you, you'd get the "SHUT ME THE FUCK UP!" title, but now it's formal infractions. I made a couple dumb posts (none of them sober, I swear :P), so I received infractions. I'm assuming they just added up. Although I'm still opposed to a couple infractions, one for breaking a rule that didn't exist yet, and the other for just a miscommunication, or rather, lack of tact, I guess.

It's not like it's a big deal for me, but it sucks that I can't use the Search function anymore, since now it's a bitch to find Smogondex entries, and I also can't post an RMT :P.

Basics, there is a Smogon Dex Archive thing with all of them in one post.. unless you mean for RBY/GSC/ADV...

Anyways, I don't remember beign that stupid of a poster. I did get infracted by Aeroblactyl for ignoring a Raikou weak..... Eh, most of my bad posts were probably on non-Pokemon forums (XeroCreative [I can't believe I remember that name, just did] and Runescape... Gah...)

BTW, this is the first forum I came back to after summer camp, so props to Smogon. (In other words, summer camp kills online addictions.)

Sarenji

leaf-faced
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Back in 2003...

I have no clue how I transformed from a horrible user (see the bottom of my post for examples) to the user you see today. I evolved eventually, taking me four months to mature past the idiocy that was my earlier posts, and not even until then. I posted a total of 450 posts in that time period. That place was pretty damn lenient when it came to idiots. Also, the ":stuff in colons:" used to be smilies in the forum - a Warcraft III modding forum, just for context.

DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR EYES TO BE BRUTALLY SLASHED OUT BY HUNGRY WEREWOLVES.

Once in a thread, I posted seven times in a row within five minutes. Only one word, too.

Third thread said:
Subject: How do you put a skin .blp into a .mdx??

How do u put a skin in .blp form into a .mdx form so u can use it in the World Editor??

I'm a noob in forums so I dont know if this is in the right place
Same thread said:
Ok, I meant : how do you put the skin onto the model?? It just doesnt make sense :bgrun: emote_confused

Well, g2g sleep now, i'll check this post in da morning b4 school. cya l8r
gtg part II said:
Arg gtg sleep i'll be back up 6:00 PM (3:00 to u guys, i think) I live in (blocked)..
gtg part III said:
Now THAT I like, okay, I'm almost finished with my "test" and its been 5 minutes since i started its VERY simple... and i gotta go sleep, sorry. Cya later.
Who cares when said:
Nice icons! I got some tips to make ur icons (if possible) better.
Use the dodge and blur to shade. Oh yeah, it ownz.
Like I said said:
Like it? i dont like it..
I LOVE IT! j00r awesome!
*resumes staring at it*

LOL Alasdair's bro posted his crap pic here
Clearly said:
*weep* don't go! *weep* don't go! :////

*weep* don't go! *weep* don't go! *weep* don't go! :nono:
tehtehtehtehtehtehteh said:
WEEEEEEE the search option on this forum = teh pwn.
oh dear said:
DUDE THATS PWNAGE! Though they might get too hard to see :/
I can't believe I actually posted this. said:
"0|\/|G 7|-|47 (1|\|3|\/|471( 0\/\/|\|5 y4'11 |)|_||)3!!! Y0|_| 120><0125 |\/|Y 80><0125 |)|_||)3!!!!!!!!!* :ggani:

Haha I remember I joihed IGN in late 03, got flamed, then kept making new accounts and getting flamed more. I came back again in January and made a permanent account.

All I did was copy potdcs movesets and claim them as my articles. I remember unknown_1(who I thought was a pokemon god) told me I was plagerizing(I killed that word) and I thought any minute the cops would kick down my door and arrest me or something. I also pretended I was 15, when i was really 9.(im 12 now fyi) I also remember trying to flame someone by telling them they should be eaten by an aerodactyl and then punched by a machamp. lol. I guess my posting skills are good now, comparitively.

lol I've had my dumb moments on various forums before smogon in the pokemon community (like tvsian and a bunch of other things) ;d I sucked up a lot too.

I don't recall making any REALLY retarded posts here, but I'm sure I've made plenty of dumb ones. I did more of the "what the fuck was that post" stuff on GameFAQs/other forums before smogon.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think I might be the only person here whose posts are gradually decreasing in quality. When I was 15 I managed to get moderator status on a large counter-strike network with multiple servers! Now I can barely scrape through #smogon for one night without being banned.

I think I might be the only person here whose posts are gradually decreasing in quality. When I was 15 I managed to get moderator status on a large counter-strike network with multiple servers! Now I can barely scrape through #smogon for one night without being banned.
I actually feel the same way. I became an admin on a NB server once, and I don't personally know how I did it. I just tagged along with the server members until one day, I won a tournament and the prize was a modding. Later on, the head admin wanted to test a script involving sub admins, and so he ranked me up to administrator. I asked afterwords why he hadn't returned me back to a mod rank, and he just replied "why not just stay an admin"? :) That was pretty cool.

I've never really made any stupid posts on Smogon.

I joined Netbattle in July 2005 and lurked for almost a whole year before I actually joined the Smogon forums.

I think I've been helpful, being the first to notify the forums of the Mew event and the Gamestop tournament. Really, I should post more, I'm still not sure why I don't.

Edit: I forgot about the "book" that I wrote, as Fish called it at our Gamestop tournament, that I wrote on ADV 2v2 Ubers.

I try to be really nice but doommullet gave me an infraction for "stupidity". Thanks.

I came here because I met justin and his friends at journey across america philly last year and they were cool to talk to and told me to come here.

When I was a new poster child, I exposed the world to the many wonderful pictures I had taken of my friend, the infamous, elusive (in these parts) Christiangamer. I continue to do stupid things on here to this day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)