Wrath of the Frogs (A new rain team)

Hey all this is the new team I am posting here... I know you must be a bit annoyed to see yet another team from me but I have done my testing on this team and it is rather Unique in my eyes I hope you can see it the same way I do. With that said here is my newest team(Note: this team is 50% frog)

Boing... Boing... Boing... ribbit, ribbit...

Ribbit, ribbit, ribbit get down, G-get DOWN!

Morgan(Politoed)M@Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252Hp, 252Def, 4SpD
Nature: Bold

~ Scald
~ Toxic
~ Encore
~ Ice beam

Yup this time I AM using a Politoed Morgan is always a reliable choice in the heat of battle and he know what he is doing. A standard Defensive set used to its fullest Scald is a STAB and got a great side effect to add on that. Toxic to provide extra damage on opposing Bulky Waters Encore is to Stall and screw up Trick room users Ice Beam hits Gliscor, Landorus and Dragon Types Excellent Move to using for him. I thought it over and over in my mind as well as through some online battles this set and pokemon is a great asset for the rest of the team. the tough part was finding the best pokemon for the most effective synergy Boost I took the time to study just what Synergy is and how it works and with what I have learned I put it to some great use

Kimberly(Toxickroak)F@Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252Hp, 252Atk, 4Def
Nature: Adamant

~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Bulk Up
~ Sucker Punch

Kimbery was the perfect combo for a nice frog like Morgan and she is an excellent sweeper for this team. She your Sub Punching frog that like to play rough in the heat of battle and has perfect environment to survive. Sustitute is for setting up (of course) with the Black Sludge and Dry skin working together she is almost or at full Hp. Bulk Up is for making the Subs Very Sturdy and take a hit from other pokemon with the Conditions already at this point only Hippowdon is the only ground type that has the guts to come in on this Strategy. Tyranitars are also likely even without earthquake in there sets Sucker Punch stop Speedy sub breakers as well as Ghosts. It takes down those who can't resist after one Bulk Up. Focus Punch the MOST powerful fighting type move and is a STAB sure to beat down some Steely threats like ferrothorn and other Steel types.

Echo(Seismitoad)F@Choice Scarf
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252SpA, 4SpD, 252Spe
Nature: Timid

~ Grass Knot
~ Surf
~ Earth Power
~ Ice Beam

I bet a lot of you were thinking "does that Seismitoad have swift swim?" you would be wrong! This Frog I just couldn't pass up and it other ability is far more usable to this pokemon than you claim it to be. I have made Special sweeper out of her and she can put out some great effort moving 50% faster. Grass Knot gets Bulky waters and also with Poison Touch there is a chance of poisoning and I have tested this it worked on a Suicune set used by my friend at college. Surf is a great STAB for the Vibration Toad and it hits hard. Earth Power is another STAB for her and it takes care of electric types for the some Decent damage and it is almost equivalent to Earthquake so it takes care of Ninetales. Ice beam is to take care of dragon types and Thundurus or other flying types that would come in on Echo to absorb Earth Power. Her set was a pretty clever one that I came up with and was surprisingly effective in battle.

Bryon(Vaporeon)M@Rocky Helmet
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252Hp, 4Def, 252SpD
Nature: Calm

~ Rest
~ Acid Armor
~ Scald
~ Toxic

This is a set I'm trying out for my niece who also into playing with me this set can be very much formidable thanks to Hydration and Rest and its beyond epic stats. after on Acid Armor it can take a hit from a dragonite Outrage and Keep on going for more with the rocky helmet and if they are holding life orb it could really suck and a reason why Vaporeon is the best staller for this team and almost as endurable as his Dark type brother(maybe even more than him). Scald is for a STAB and to avoid becoming taunt fodder. Toxic is make a staller out of this beast this can be the most favorite set on this team. If Vaporeon doesn't suit my taste I could always replace him for my Empoleon set from my Sandstorm team which could also work for this team and provides for my next pokemon...

In Case you forgot this was the set

Bubbles(Empoleon)F@Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252Hp, 4SpA, 252SpD
Nature: Calm

~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Stealth Rocks
~ Roar

and it is also because I love the Stealth Rocks

Andrew(Tornadus)M@Expert Belt
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 90Atk, 252SpA, 168spe
Nature: Naughty

~ Taunt
~ Hammer Arm
~ U-Turn
~ Hurricane

this set ruins the stall or support sets of my opponents. Prior Taunts get all things that try to set up or stall like Ferrothorn or the Skarm Bliss Combo. Hammer Arm crushes Rock types and Steel types with super effective damage. U-Turn get out of the situations and keep the pressure on the opponent. Hurricane is for STAB and it has an awesome power to add. Honestly I do believe that his Brother or Zapdos could do a Better Job than he could... if you believe someone is better than Tornadus please give me a pitch for future teams.

Mr.Bubbles(Rotom-W)@Choice specs
Ability: levitate
EVs: 252SpA, 4SpD, 252Spe
Nature:Timid

~Trick
~ Thunder
~ Hydro Pump
~ Hidden Power fire

I decided to try out a new set for my Rotom-W which may work in the this team pretty well as a Late game sweeper and probably do some revenge killing Trick is for crippling Blissey and Chansey thunder has perfect accuracy in the rain and works well if I have won the weather war Hydro Pump has Potent power behind it and takes care of Volcarona or other Fire Types. Hidden power Fire allow a good hit on Ferrothorn and Scizor to take them out of the game rather quickly.

well that's my team for a while I might post something in the future like a week or two later. so tell me what you think and give me your tips and Ideas Thank you and Good night ^v^

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, your team gets absolutely rolled over by dragons, especially Meteor users such as Hydreigon. As well, there is rarely ever a reason not to use Stealth Rocks on a team, giving your opponent free switchins is never a good thing. It seems that Seismitoad was added to your team not because it filled any roles, but because it is an amphibian and fit your "theme". I suggest dropping it and filling this spot with Bronzong. Bronzong is one of the best tanks in the game, capable of taking dragon moves from both sides. In the rain, Bronzong technically has no weaknesses, and it becomes a hard counter to threats such as Salamence and Dragonite. Bronzong also doubles as your Stealth Rock user and acts as a check to sand teams should you lose the weather war.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Sassy
252 Hp/ 84 Atk/ 80 Def/ 92 SpD/ 2 Speed IVs
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Hidden Power Ice

Politoed really really really wants Protect. It not only allows you to penny pinch for Leftovers recovery, its a great scouting move. Opponent leads with Rotom-W? Use Protect to scout for Volt Switch, and then switch to a ground type. It also lets you rack up the Toxic or burn damage.

Speaking of ground types, it was the only role that Seismitoad filled at all (not that it does a very good job at it or anything). Now that its been removed from your team, you need somebody else to fill the void. I suggest replacing Rotom-W with a Choice Specs Jolteon. Jolteon is basically a faster version of Rotom-W without the water STAB, but it won't be using it much because its just going to be spamming Thunder all day long, sending opposing rain teams into an instant fit of panic. Jolteon can also carry Baton Pass for dry passing: U-Turn without damage. If your opponent's ground type is still in commission, simply Baton Pass out as they come in to "absorb thunder", now you have the offensive momentum again. The other two moves are just filler and you'll rarely ever use them.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Volt Absorb
Timid
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Thunder
Baton Pass
Hidden Power Grass
Shadow Ball

GL

Like said by New World Order Draco Meteor Users can cause major problems and you really have nothing to counter it.
Once Toxiccroak is gone Gastrodon and Blissey can Wall your team completely.
Scizor can wall blissey and Gastrodon also walling dragon type attacks, here the set. The team looks pretty good so kudos for that.

Scizor @ Life Orb/ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVS: Choice Band Set - 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe - Life Orb set - 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature ( +Atk -Spatk
U-turn
Bullet Punch
Super Power
Pursuit
|
Sword Dance
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite/ Super Power
Roost

Good Luck

I agree with NWO in that seismitoad is sort of useless on the team. I would second his changes; though if you're really adamant about keeping seismitoad, you should know that

Poison touch only affects contact based attacks.

Bulbapedia said:
The contact-based attacks from a Pokémon with Poison Touch have a 20% chance of poisoning the target.
And only grass knot on your move list is contact based. I'm not 100% sure if his DW ability is out, but if it is, you can use that to give you immunity to two types for switch ins (something awesome for choice users who hate taking too many hits).

If it's not out, you're almost 100% better off with a Bronzong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)