Wrath of the Latios

So this is my new OU team, which isn't really working too well, so i've put it up, really so that smeone can help me sort it out. Firstly, I will not get rid of the Latios on my team, as it is the centre of it. Everyone else can be replaced. So Here's the team:

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Regenerator
Adamant 252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
Bounce
Taunt
Hi Jump Kick
U-Turn

My lead and scout. With regenerator, it can switch in and out free of charge and heal any damage by priority moves. It carries Bounce for annoyance and Taunt to cripple walls. Hi Jump Kick is my stab move and U-Turn is to switch out safely and still do a respectable amount of damage. He is really helpful in the early game.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Technician
Adamant 252Hp/252Atk/4Def
Substitute
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Double Hit

Scizor is one of my fav pokemon, and he really packs a punch. His stab, technician boosted Bullet Punch can really dent things, especially with a few Swords Dances up. Substitue is so that he doesn't get crippled by will-o-wisp and so that he lasts longer. Double-Hit is to break substitutes as it is also technician boosted.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Modest 252SpA/252Spe/4Hp
Draco Meteor
Energy Ball
Ice Beam
Psyshock

He can literally tear through almost anything with his riduculously powerful Draco Meteor. Energy ball is to kill the Water-Types that otherwise are a pain for my team such as Vaporeon. Ice beam is to kill slower dragons such as Dragonite and Salamence and Psyshock is my second STAB option that punishes those who switch in a heavily special defensive pokemon like Blissey.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm 252Hp/252SpD
Wish
Heal Bell
Toxic
Scald

He is key to my team, he carries heal bell to get rid of the status problems my team has. Wish is for healing the likes of Latios and Scizor and Toxic is for stalling with Wish+Toxic. My last move is Scald, it means that Taunt doesn't render him completely useless and the 30% burn chance really comes in handy.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
Modest 252Hp/252SpAtk
Roost
Thunder
U-Turn
Heat Wave

He functions on my team as a mid-game attacker, and works well spamming U-Turn between him and Meinshao. Thunder is my powerful STAB that can destroy basically everything that doesn't resist it. Heat wave is my final move, I use it to get rid of the likes of Ferrothorn and Scizor, who I otherwise can't really touch. He really glues my team together.

I think this is the main fault in my team - he provides no synergy and almost always dies quickly, so please post some tips for a replacement!

Metagross @ Leftovers
Clear Body
Adamant 252Hp/252Atk
Bullet Punch
Stealth Rock
Ice Punch
Zen Headbutt

He is my rocker and a status absorber due to his ability - Clear Body. Ice Punch hits the Dragon-Types really hard, and he resists their Dragon-Type attacks too. Zen Headbutt is a powerful STAB I use for coverage and Bullet Punch is for killing off any weakened foe's.

Please rate and/or comment for changes.

First off include natures as they affect stats and change how the pokemon is played,
Major Issues:
Fake out is really useful on Mienshao for breaking sashes and getting a hit in before u-turning, im also not sure what purpose bounce serves it really isnt useful

Scizor:
get rid of double hit, the technician boost may seem like a lot but in the end it is unstab and not good coverage, try bug bite instead as it gets stab and some coverage for psychics and grass

Vaporeon:
I would seriously consider running protect as protects lets you stall out toxic more, get leftovers recovery and heal wish every turn

Zapdos:
switch thunder with thunderbolt, unless rain is up (which you dont use) thunder is terrible 70% acc sucks and it also crippled by sun even more

Metagross:
you already have a pokemon with bullet punch in scizor so you have very little ability to revenge things that resit it, you also could really use a physical wall
I would suggest donphan here,
Donphan (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Donphan gets a better priority move to kill of dragons and gliscor, gets rapid spin to get rid of hazards and can absorb electric type moves.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Regenerator
Adamant 252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
Bounce
Taunt
Hi Jump Kick
U-Turn
For a Taunt lead I would suggest Tornadus because it's fast and has Prankster giving it priority. It also has good Attack and Special Attack and a pretty good move pool so you can run physical or special sets. This is what I have:

Tornadus @ Flying Gem
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA), 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Acrobatics
Hammer Arm
Bulk Up/Taunt
Substitute/Protect/Taunt
Ability: Prankster

I don't use Tornadus as a Taunt lead even though it preforms the job very well. Replace Substitute or Bulk Up with Taunt if you wish to do so. It also gets Tailwind, which is great team support especially in double battles.

Acrobatics with Flying gem and STAB hits 247 Base Power. Hammer Arm's secondary effect doesn't matter much as Tornadus is pretty frail, and it's mainly just for Rock and Steel types that resist its STAB.

As for Mienshao, it's one of my favorites and this is the set that works great for me.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA), 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Fake Out
U-turn
Hi Jump Kick
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Ability: Regenerator

Mienshao can abuse Life orb really well with regenerator and Uturn. Hi jump kick is obvious STAB. I prefer Rock Slide myself because I play double battles more often and it's more accurate. Hope this helps.

Ah, also a Latios fan, I see... High five!

Anyways, for your Latios set, ice beam and DM do pretty much the same thing, so Ice Beam is not really necessary. I suggest Thunderbolt or Surf in its place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)