Other XY OU Ladder Tournament 1 [Round 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by literally everyone in their mother. OP and idea were taken from Limitless.

Just so that this isn't a huge mess and less work for you guys, all that you need to do is make a fresh alt with the tag:

LTI Name

Example: LTI Nog

This will allow me to track who is actually entered into the tournament, and more importantly, that everyone starts on fresh alts.

In regards to discussion in this thread, I will allow discussion of what you guys see on the ladder. This can be anything from ladder trends to who's making a large push on the ladder. To clarify, I will allow posts on ladder players. This is meant to be a competition of sorts, so compete and talk about it.

Before participating in this tournament, please take some time to read the following thread:
Tournament Rules, Guidelines, and General Information

Once the playoffs start, these are the specific rules:
Specific Rules

• This is a standard XY OU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series each round.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
Standard Rules and Clauses

• Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: We are changing the rules for activity / coin flip decisions for this tournament. In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

The tl;dr version so people aren't as confuzzled: you ladder until deadline, then top 2 people make playoffs, this lasts for 8 weeks (16 players), playoffs start, single elimination, winner gets a very prestigious looking GOOD JOB from none other than myself *-*

Keep your same alts and play until the 8 week period is finished. If someone is in the top 2 when the deadline hits but has already secured their slot, the winner falls to the next person in line.

The ladder is the ladder, so all suspect drops are allowed. Good luck to everyone!

Week 1 Deadline: 6/7/14 Midnight EST
Week 1 Winner: Tesung
Week 1 Runner-up: WECAMEASROMANS

Week 2 Deadline: 6/16/14 Midnight EST
Week 2 Winner: LTI fucking (BAN ME PLEASE)
Week 2 Runner-up: TheEnder

Week 3 Deadline: 6/25/14 Midnight EST
Week 3 Winner:
Week 3 Runner-up:

Last edited:
rip using LTI alt as a testing alt since there was no way of catching up :[
not sure if we have to sign up again so in as LTI Psychological

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
In
This time i'm not distracted AF by suspect so maybe i'll actually do decently haha.
LTI Srn

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
never actually laddered on that alt soooo lti jukain

probs just gonna test a bunch of random shit w.e, should be fun

Reactions: Nog

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
If u guys wanna ladder w one another in a designated channel then /join idm on showdown. Cool tour idea

LTI fucking (BAN ME PLEASE) (whose alt is this?) and LTI TheEnder have won. Not gonna post another thread to start this week off or or ever again for that matter. Week 3 starts now!

About the tourney, aren't these 8 weeks of laddering a really long build up to a relatively quick single elimination? Have you considered making the playoffs more elaborate?

considering we haven't even ran through our first tour yet, I think it's safe to assume we aren't sure how the tournament will go. if it sucks or is too quick we can surely extend it for next time

double posting to say that no one signed up with LTI fucking (BAN ME PLEASE) yet qualifies for first place this time, whoever this is would you please VM me or post in this thread who you are so I can put your name into the OP. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)