[XY OU] Surge Capax Peccati - Bulky Offense Team (Laddered 1500+ and rising)

Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 3.02.47 PM.png

Surge Capax Peccati

I'm Zach and I've been playing competitive for a while now. When XY came around the corner I had trouble adjusting to the new metagame. It was harder, better, faster, stronger. I always play bulky offense so with the power creep it was even harder to create an effective bulky offense team with dangerous powerful threats everywhere. After about 20 failed teams, I made a team thats been winning a good amount. This team focuses on taking hits and hitting back hard. With plenty of bulk and power spread around the team it stops a lot of big threats in this crazy meta. Now lets get to it.

Tabris (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite

Ability: Trace

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd

Timid Nature

- Hyper Voice

- Psyshock

- Taunt

- Focus Blast

So Mega Gardevoir pretty much just destroys anything not named aegislash in at most two hits. Anything that can take his hits does not want to be burned so Will-o-wisp is great to shut down counters. Taunt is a great move to completely shut stall down, and beat chansey one on one every time.Pixilated Hyper Voice hits so hard from her monstrous Special attack stat. Combined with Psyshock for poisons, pokemon with weak defense, or anything that gets hit hard by it, and Focus Blast for steels (mainly heatran), she can be terrifying. Gardevooir in most matches comes in late game when her counters are removed and cleans the opposing team. Her typing also makes her a great special sponge and a great pokemon to shut down fighting type attacks aimed at bisharp. To sum up Gardevoir comes in late game and destroys the weakened team.

Sachiel (Bisharp) @ Darkglasses

Ability: Defiant

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP

Adamant Nature

- Knock Off

- Sucker Punch

- Iron Head

- Swords Dance

Bisharp is huge in destroying Gardevoirs threats. Together they can take on most pokemon. What Gardevoir can't hit hard Bisharp can usually take on, namely Aegislash. Knock off, Sucker Punch, and Iron head are obvious moves to utilize his effectiveness. SUcker punch as priority, knock off as main stab and utility, and iron head to hit fairies. Swords dance is useful on predicted switches and protects, Brick Break could be a substitute to hit other bisharps and pokemon that take its stabs on. The evs are maximizing power and speed, and life orb to add to that.

Shamshel (Latios) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP

Timid Nature

- Draco Meteor

- Psyshock

- Hidden Power Fighting

- Defog

Latios is a beast of nature. Hitting so hard with life orb through a combination that takes on pretty much all non fairy and steels with superb efficiency. His 110 speed stat that outpaces the pesky Keldeos, and Terrakions, puts him at a threatening pace which combined with his power help wreck quicker threats that give this team trouble. Defog is a great move to keep rocks away so Rotom-H can switch around freely, and with Rotom-H’s coverage not too many pokemon can stand up to both of them. Their synergy is great offensively and defensively. Overall he’s a great pokemon, but due to life orb and repeated switches he’s prone to die quickly, and on a bulky offense team that is a problem, so at the moment he is the most expendable team member so if anyone has any suggestions that would be much appreciated.​

Sandalphon (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def

Calm Nature

- Pain Split

- Overheat

- Volt Switch

- Thunder Wave

Have you heard of all of these A class threats such as: Talonflame, thundurus, Pinsir-Mega, Charizard-MegaY, Manectric, Scizor, Scizor-Mega, Heatran, and Volcarona? These pokemon are some of the most offensive and threatening pokemon in the metagame that are extremely hard to stop... well only if you don't have a Rotom-Heat on your team. Seriously Specially Defensive Rotom-Heat counters a third of the metagame, like how is he not used more? With his amazing typing and ability and great support movepool he's ideal for a bulky offensive team. Pain split for recovery and annoyance, overheat for power, volt switch for momentum and electric stab move, and thunder wave to cripple threats and bring the opposong teams speed down to make up for the lack of speed which is a serious problem for bulky offense. He is so useful and can do much and the team couldn't function without his niche.

Sahaquiel (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Intimidate

Jolly Nature

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Stealth Rock

- Stone Edge

Landorus-Therian is really the glue that holds this team together, his useful ability in intimidate and u-turn, make him exceptionally well to switch into hits and out to keep momentum. With him and rotom-H, they make an exceptional volt turn duo that can shut down on the physical and special side defensively. He carries rocks to ruin pokemon such as charizard X which can give this team serious problems, rocks also allow me to bluff a bulky set with him because no one expects him to be scarfed after they see a utility move. The EVS investment make the most of his choice scarf. Scarf Landorus is great because it’s not oh so common so the surprise factor is nice and the speed is great to outpace threats that shut this team down. With his ability to keep momentum and revenge kill and lay down rocks, he’s invaluable.

Zeruel (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Guts

EVs: 252 Atk / 248 SDef / 8 Def

Adamant Nature

- Drain Punch

- Mach Punch

- Knock Off

- Ice Punch

Hey Rotom-Wash… fuck you. Thats probably a good description of what he does in the average game. With guts and assualt vest he destroys every variant of rotom-wash, and hits back HARD with drain punch. Once guts activate he’s is almost impossible to switch into. He’s great to stop pesky special walls that will stop gardevoir from sweeping, and with priority in mach punch he can stop many fast physical attackers that are the best checks for Gardevoir. Ice punch is for coverage and Knock off is to hit mainly Aegislash who never sees it coming, as they go for a shadow ball which conkeldurr can tank due to assault vest. As the main physical attacker of the team and a great special sponge he’s one of the most surprisingly amazing pokemon in OU which you should try out!

Conclusion

So this is the most effective team I’ve made so far, and I think is a good example of how good bulky offense is, because apparently all people use is hyper offensive in this fast unforgiving metagame. This team is not complete and still can be improved, so if anyone has any suggestions to help improve the team that’d be amazing, because no team is ever perfect… except denisSs’s gEnius pAss, that shit be genius.

Sachiel (Bisharp) @ Blackglasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Shamshel (Latios) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Defog

Sandalphon (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

Tabris (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Zeruel (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 SDef / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Sahaquiel (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
Great team, I love the Pokemon on it. I hope my rate helps!

Bisharp: I definitely recommend SD over Brick Break. Getting that +2 is crucial for the KO. Bisharp is unstoppable when +4, so SD is the better choice.

Latios: Instead of having surf, I recommend having HP fire, or HP fighting. HP fire is for Ferrothorn (which completely and utterly stops latios), and HP fighting for Bisharp (which completely and utterly stops latios).

Landorus: I see two problems with your set. One, Choice Scarf and Stealth Rocks don't go well together (as you know). Two, (and this isn't a big thing) defog also takes away your hazards. So instead of having Stealth Rocks, try HP Ice for Garchomp. Or maybe try another item for landorus, like life orb instead of scarf.

The other Pokemon are awesome. Hope this helped!

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey Zachattack71399, nice team you have here.

As an extensive user of the Mega-Gardevoir + Bisharp offensive core, I can give you a couple suggestions. On Gardevoir, I definitely suggest trying Taunt over Will-o-Wisp. With taunt, Gardevoir becomes one of the most efficient stallbreakers in the game, easily shutting down stall mons and dismantling defensive cores. Chansey? Psyshock on the switch, Taunt as it uses Softboiled, and the blob is forced to use Seismic Toss or switch out, because Psyshock 2HKOes at that point. Venu-Tran cores? Both mons are 2HKOed easily. CM clefable? 2HKOed by Hyper Voice, and it cannot avoid it with calm mind + softboiled because of Taunt. Almost no stall mon can stop Taunt Mega Gardevoir, so this set will put you in an inherent advantage against stall teams which don't run Aegislash.

And this is where Bisharp can put in work with a small change to its moveset: I suggest you replace Swords Dance / Brick Break with Pursuit. This will allow you to deal a huge chunk of damage to an opposing Aegislash switching out from Bisharp. Using Pursuit can be tricky, but it won't disappoint if used correctly.
Also for some reason some people on the ladder try to stay in with min speed Aegi against Bisharp, so be careful about that x_x

Hope I helped, good luck with the team!

Last edited:
I believe you are taking too much residual damage of your own will considering this is a bulky offense team. Can I suggest Black Glasses on your Bisharp? And Possibly Leftovers on your Landorus?
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 628-740 (210.7 - 248.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO w/out life orb
252 Atk burned Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 314-370 (105.3 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO w/out life orb AND burned. So he can still be useful. Just a thought :) all the same love that Mega Gardevoir is being used.

I agree with you on Rotom-H! I don't get how is it not used more given that stealth rock is easier to remove now with defog and it isn't even a major concern anymore. It sucks up thunderwave and will-o-wisp like they're nothing, pretty darn awesome to me.

Anyway, I would think a physically defensive set would be better. It counters both mega charizards damn well. Talonflame and Mega pinsir are pretty helpless against it (the latter is more worrying so physical def evs are a must to me)

You can see in my RMT how I use a physically defensive rotom-h: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/beat-that-haze.3509841/

Good luck!

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi there,

Just tested out your team, and I have a few things for you to consider. First, I would replace Scarf Landorus with a Sash Garchomp to give yourself a more reliable lead with hazards. Scarf Landorus might have the surprise factor, but having Stealth Rock on a scarfer is an easy way to lose momentum in this metagame. I'd rather have the ability to switch moves, especially early game. Garchomp also helps sponge a hit from Aegislash / Bisharp in case Gardevoir needs to switch. I'd use Stealth Rock / Fire Blast / Earthquake / Outrage with 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd and a Naive Nature. This will also provide another backup against the Megazards in case Rotom-H can't hold up.

Now for some cosmetic changes. I'd put Life Orb over Leftovers on Latios and switch HP Fighting with Surf. If you want longevity in that spot, use Latias instead, but Latios really misses the extra power from a Life Orb and won't be taking many hits. Another option is to use Earthquake to lure in Aegislash and Bisharp for a Gardevoir sweep, but Surf is more common.

I would consider a different spread on Rotom-H. A spread of 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SDef with a Bold nature will ensure LO Thundurus will not be able to 2HKO Rotom-H with Focus Blast yet provide more bulk on the physical side for Talonflame, Pinsir, Bisharp, Scizor, etc. Only trouble is that Rotom-H does not 2HKO Thundurus back, but with residual damage it should work ok. I am ambivalent as to whether to switch to Will-o-Wisp but that depends on whether you want to face a burned Aegislash or a paralyzed one.

That's all I have for now, good luck with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)