Other XY OU Viability Ranking Thread (V3) (Rank changes are over until ORAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mega is ranked separately from Garchomp, and really shouldn't impact regular Garchomp's ranking. The possible threat of being a Mega when you also have another potential Mega might help it's ranking, but those situations are very few (ex. Chomp and Scizor, Chomp and Gyara). Also, neo-ChainChomp is a better option than Mega Garchomp imo.
Just putting it out there as however small, it is still a merit for chomp

I'd like to try to nominate Mega Banette for D rank. This is a Pokemon with a good amount of utility. Priority Destiny Bond to sacrifice itself before it goes down, Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers such as Azumarill, Thunder Wave to cripple fast threats such as Greninja, Latios, etc., Pain Split to get amounts of HP back, and Disable to remove the use of a move for a potential scarfer (albeit uncommon) which are all useful moves for it to have. It also has Frisk before Mega Evolving so you can scout out what item your opponent may be holding. Frisk in conjunction with Knock Off can be rather useful in some cases if you want to remove certain items. A base 165 attack can also leave a heavy dent on the opponent. However, that's pretty much where all the good for Mega Banette ends. 65/75/83 defenses aren't much to write home about and you can't have it switch in on much. The use of a Mega slot is also really harsh on it when one could run something like Mega Charizard X, Mega Pinsir, Mega whatever. However, with the utility it holds whether it's scouting out items, removing items, or crippling/removing various threats, I believe that Mega Banette should be nominated for D rank.
Good reasoning, but I'm not sure about M-Ban in general, mostly because it's outclassed as a Prankster T-Wave user by Thundurus, as a general Prankster WoW/annoyer by Sableye, and requires a turn to M-evo before it is useful, although you did point out that Frisk is nice in conjunction with Knock Off. I'm really quite unsure about its ranking, especially because it has to compete with a heap of other Megas for a slot.

I'm going to go ahead and say that Garchomp should neither rise nor drop. It's perfectly fine at A+, and defines that rank pretty well. It has a multitude of usable sets, is effective in many scenarios, and only needs minimal support to function properly. It has some exploitable weaknesses, but can usually find a place in battle every time, and is something that every team should have an answer for.
I'd like to try to nominate Mega Banette for D rank. This is a Pokemon with a good amount of utility. Priority Destiny Bond to sacrifice itself before it goes down, Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers such as Azumarill, Thunder Wave to cripple fast threats such as Greninja, Latios, etc., Pain Split to get amounts of HP back, and Disable to remove the use of a move for a potential scarfer (albeit uncommon) which are all useful moves for it to have. It also has Frisk before Mega Evolving so you can scout out what item your opponent may be holding. Frisk in conjunction with Knock Off can be rather useful in some cases if you want to remove certain items. A base 165 attack can also leave a heavy dent on the opponent. However, that's pretty much where all the good for Mega Banette ends. 65/75/83 defenses aren't much to write home about and you can't have it switch in on much. The use of a Mega slot is also really harsh on it when one could run something like Mega Charizard X, Mega Pinsir, Mega whatever. However, with the utility it holds whether it's scouting out items, removing items, or crippling/removing various threats, I believe that Mega Banette should be nominated for D rank.
Mega Banette might have enough going for it to be D rank... but I'm not completely sure. The main reason that it's unranked even though it does have a lot of interesting toys to play with is the fact that there's just so much that it has to compete with, and the opportunity cost is just way too damn high. Even if you could use mega banette to throw around prankster status, it doesn't always mean you should, as there are other pokes that do the same job. Thundy and Sabelye are two that were just mentioned above, and they aren't even the only ones, just the only ones that are OU viable. And when you add in the fact that it uses your mega slot, you had better have a VERY compelling reason why the slot went to banette and not something else. Usually banette's job can be filled by a non-mega pokemon, leaving your mega slot open for something else. But if we WERE to look past all the other options there are and what else could be used instead, banette is actually a pretty decent 'mon. Prankster status is always a plus, able to really punish opposing teams, and prankster Destiny Bond is just evil. It's 165 attack stat is money, and it has a few decent moves to take advantage of it, including STAB priority in shadow sneak. It really sucks that prankster boosts don't have an effect on the turn you mega evolve, so you have to be careful when using it, as you'll have to wait a turn (usually) before you can go around spreading prankster status and what have you, and that hurts banette's case a lot. Really, banette isn't actually that bad, it's just hard to justify putting it on your team, as there are so many other options available. So what you'll have to do if you want to see banette get ranked is find a very good reason to use it instead of everything else that could go in that teamslot, because otherwise, we really can't rank it.

I'm going to go ahead and say that Garchomp should neither rise nor drop. It's perfectly fine at A+, and defines that rank pretty well. It has a multitude of usable sets, is effective in many scenarios, and only needs minimal support to function properly. It has some exploitable weaknesses, but can usually find a place in battle every time, and is something that every team should have an answer for.

Mega Banette might have enough going for it to be D rank... but I'm not completely sure. The main reason that it's unranked even though it does have a lot of interesting toys to play with is the fact that there's just so much that it has to compete with, and the opportunity cost is just way too damn high. Even if you could use mega banette to throw around prankster status, it doesn't always mean you should, as there are other pokes that do the same job. Thundy and Sabelye are two that were just mentioned above, and they aren't even the only ones, just the only ones that are OU viable. And when you add in the fact that it uses your mega slot, you had better have a VERY compelling reason why the slot went to banette and not something else. Usually banette's job can be filled by a non-mega pokemon, leaving your mega slot open for something else. But if we WERE to look past all the other options there are and what else could be used instead, banette is actually a pretty decent 'mon. Prankster status is always a plus, able to really punish opposing teams, and prankster Destiny Bond is just evil. It's 165 attack stat is money, and it has a few decent moves to take advantage of it, including STAB priority in shadow sneak. It really sucks that prankster boosts don't have an effect on the turn you mega evolve, so you have to be careful when using it, as you'll have to wait a turn (usually) before you can go around spreading prankster status and what have you, and that hurts banette's case a lot. Really, banette isn't actually that bad, it's just hard to justify putting it on your team, as there are so many other options available. So what you'll have to do if you want to see banette get ranked is find a very good reason to use it instead of everything else that could go in that teamslot, because otherwise, we really can't rank it.
Mega Banette is so easy for a balanced team to play around because of its 4MSS. It cannot fit Destiny Bond, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Protect, and Knock Off all into one moveslot, and usually has to give up Taunt, which makes it so easy for balance to play around, because it can just PP stall Destiny Bond. From my experience, it has hardly ever been threatening except against offense, but taking up a Mega Slot is another huge problem, and it is generally not worth it.

Good reasoning, but I'm not sure about M-Ban in general, mostly because it's outclassed as a Prankster T-Wave user by Thundurus, as a general Prankster WoW/annoyer by Sableye, and requires a turn to M-evo before it is useful, although you did point out that Frisk is nice in conjunction with Knock Off. I'm really quite unsure about its ranking, especially because it has to compete with a heap of other Megas for a slot.
Right...Thundurus is a thing with the Prankster + T-Wave argument. Forgot to fill that in.

Mega Banette is so easy for a balanced team to play around because of its 4MSS. It cannot fit Destiny Bond, Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Protect, and Knock Off all into one moveslot, and usually has to give up Taunt, which makes it so easy for balance to play around, because it can just PP stall Destiny Bond. From my experience, it has hardly ever been threatening except against offense, but taking up a Mega Slot is another huge problem, and it is generally not worth it.
Okay. I also forgot to mention the serious case of 4MSS as well. My bad.

M-Banette does have its niches ranging from Prankster Destiny Bond to being a scout with Frisk, but there are things that do some of its jobs better.

As much as I would like Mega Banette do be D Rank, taking up a mega slot for a Pokemon whose primary role is to kill itself is pretty bad. With knock off/taunt/destiny bond/protect Banette is a good way to wear down teams and prevent sweeps, but at what cost? The death of your mega, which could have been a spot given to something else like Pinsir or Charizard. Hell, Banette can't even prevent sweeps against stuff like Mega Pinsir who just quick attacks.

There are other ways to prevent sweeps, such as unaware users in Clefable or Quagsire, or even destiny bond Sharpedo is probably better. I don't think Mega Banette is entirely outclassed by anything, but that doesn't really make it worth using imo like Mega Abomasnow.

I'd like to nominate Weavile for B+ rank.

It's really good right now. I noticed it stayed in the same rank in the last update and I don't understand why. It checks so many threats and common cores right now. Greninja, Latis, Bisharp, Gengar, Lando-t, Mew, Jirachi, Pinsir, Thundy, and so on. Really anti-meta.

It's currently ranked with the likes of Quag and Togekiss, things that barely have a niche anymore. Anyone that has used it can attest to the fact it's much better than those mons. I'd say it's easily better than everything in B rank too, which is why I suggested B+. I know things are kinda slowing down until ORAS is out, but thought I'd bring it up because it's really good in the ORAS ladder too.

I'd like to nominate Weavile for B+ rank.

It's really good right now. I noticed it stayed in the same rank in the last update and I don't understand why. It checks so many threats and common cores right now. Greninja, Latis, Bisharp, Gengar, Lando-t, Mew, Jirachi, Pinsir, Thundy, and so on. Really anti-meta.

It's currently ranked with the likes of Quag and Togekiss, things that barely have a niche anymore. Anyone that has used it can attest to the fact it's much better than those mons. I'd say it's easily better than everything in B rank too, which is why I suggested B+. I know things are kinda slowing down until ORAS is out, but thought I'd bring it up because it's really good in the ORAS ladder too.
Agreeing on this :p
I've faced quite a few Weaviles, and heck they are annoying.
Weavile can easily mess up walls by removing their Leftovers/Eviolite (screw Chansey) and easily KOs relevant Psychics/Ghosts with Knock Off. It can revenge kill easily with Ice Shard and Low Kick can screw up stuff like Specially Defensive Heatran (even though it needs a little prior damage to OHKO), Bisharp, Mamoswine, it 2HKOs Greninja, and do I really have to mention Tyranitar? And as mentioned before, it hits stuff really hard with Ice Punch.

And though gimmicky, I've faced a Snatch Weavile before, and it stole my Charizard's Dragon Dance. You can guess what happened next.

Weavile is a threat.

Last edited:
I'd like to nominate Talonflame for S rank because of it's ability to sweep with Brave Bird, Sharp Beak, and Gale Wings.
I used it in competitive battle and it OHKOed Keldeo, Gliscor, Heracross, and Alakazam.
2 of those were weak to fighting (1 with a 4x weakness), one has no defense whatsoever, and this:

252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Gliscor: 195-229 (75 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

There is NO WAY to OHKO a Gliscor with sharp beak unless it had no IVs for HP and Defense, no EVs in HP and defense, a defense-reducing nature, rocks were up AND your oppenent got unlucky; it must have taken prior damage (by the way, I set Gliscor's HP and Defense IVs to 0 for this calc just to prove this point).

2 of those were weak to fighting (1 with a 4x weakness), one has no defense whatsoever, and this:

252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Gliscor: 195-229 (75 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

There is NO WAY to OHKO a Gliscor with sharp beak unless it had no IVs for HP and Defense, no EVs in HP and defense, a defense-reducing nature, rocks were up AND your oppenent got unlucky; it must have taken prior damage (by the way, I set Gliscor's HP and Defense IVs to 0 for this calc just to prove this point).
SD Talon OHKOs at +2 iirc, CB might also (on mobile so can't run calcs). Talon is very versatile, however it does have it's shortcomings. It's base stats aren't overwhelming outside of speed (similar to Clefable), it has several common checks and counters including Rhyperior, Rotom-W, Tyranitar and Heatran, and it takes a ton of damage from Stealth Rock. It runs into a lot of the same problems Clefable does, where the EVs can't fix everything in one set and boosting up requires windows and free turns which may not always be present. Very solid and deadly when unchecked, but it does have notable shortcomings that seperate it from the S Rank group.

I'd like to nominate Talonflame for S rank because of it's ability to sweep with Brave Bird, Sharp Beak, and Gale Wings.
I used it in competitive battle and it OHKOed Keldeo, Gliscor, Heracross, and Alakazam.
Unlikely. Talonflame is one of the most prevalent pokes with a hugely effective ability, and the ability to shape entire matches... but it's also well prepared for and well contained. It's a victim of it's own success, really. Every team has a birdspam counter, and talonflame has no way to get by 99% of them, so it can't really support itself or work without support, so it doesn't quite have what it takes to be S rank. Add in the SR weakness and you've got yourself a pokemon that NEEDS support to function, even if it functions magnificently after it gets it. So even though talonflame is an amazing mon, it's never going to be S rank unless it gets some amazing boost or the standards for S rank change.

Keldeo & Heracross are both weak to Flying, Alakazam has the defenses of a paper bag, and like Dygenguar said, there's no possible chance of a Talonflame OHKOing a Gliscor. Talonflame is a good Pokemon, but it does have a fair amount of checks & counters such as: Tyranitar, Heatran, Mega Aerodactyl, Physically defensive Rotom-W, Thundurus, Landorus-T, bulky variants of non-mega Gyarados, Slowbro, Rhyperior, basically any physically defensive Pokemon that is viable in the OU tier that isn't weak to Fire/Flying. Yes; Talonflame is an excellent late game sweeper. No; it's not worthy of the S rank due to it being checked/countered by an assortment of things in the OU tier.

EDIT: Greninja'd. Darn you CelticPride

SD Talon OHKOs at +2 iirc, CB might also (on mobile so can't run calcs). Talon is very versatile, however it does have it's shortcomings. It's base stats aren't overwhelming outside of speed (similar to Clefable), it has several common checks and counters including Rhyperior, Rotom-W, Tyranitar and Heatran, and it takes a ton of damage from Stealth Rock. It runs into a lot of the same problems Clefable does, where the EVs can't fix everything in one set and boosting up requires windows and free turns which may not always be present. Very solid and deadly when unchecked, but it does have notable shortcomings that seperate it from the S Rank group.
Here's the Choice Band calc (I'll use real EVs and IVs this time)
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 195-229 (55.3 - 65%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

I may have taken him too literally when he didn't specify it being at +2, but my point was more that saying that Talonflame can kill 4 pokes is no grounds for a nomination, especially when 2 of them are weak to the its STABs. It's an amazing mon, but there are just too many ways to screw it over for it to be in S.

please no trolling guys

while i'm here, i do think mega banette is suitable for d rank. it has a pretty goddamn massive opportunity cost but prankster + destiny bond is useful enough. gripes with it include the massive 50/50s it forces between destiny bond and knock off. usually teams get shuffled around getting their items removed, but it doesn't always work like that since the opponent just has to win one 50/50 to beat banette where as banette has to win them for as many turns as it is alive for. d rank at the very most, and possible no rank if there's disagreement from relevant parties.

TRC even without the mega status, Banette-M would barely be worth a D. Prankster + Destiny Bond mandates that banette has a turn to megavolve, which it cannot find in this offensive meta, even then, it is more inconsistent at completing said job than anything I have seen. Against stall, the only playstyle that it can megavolve against, it finds itself outclassed by the wallbreaker megas, who can easily dismantle both stall and offense. You're sacking it to take out something else, if you want an emergency sweepstopper, almost any priority user would be a better choice and there are other destiny bond users anyway. The rest of its roles are completely outclassed. Why would I use Banette as a prankster annoyer when I can use sableye, who has recovery to boot? Like I said, if mega banette wasnt a mega, it might be D, and even that's pushing it so with that said keep it unranked.

Keep Mega Banette unranked.
Mega Banette has an incredibly specific niche with Prankster Destiny Bond, but even then, this does not mean it should be ranked at all. First, it can't megaevolve against offense at all, being relatively frail and lacking Prankster on the first turn. Second, if it gets burned, which is likely considering Rotom-W is one of the best Mega Banette switch-ins, it is instantly dead weight as it is not hard to outstall Destiny Bond's PPs, which forces it to Taunt Rotom-W. This forces a coinflip (which is not a good thing to do) where the Mega Banette user will often be at a disadvantage, which is not desirable. In fact, outstalling Destiny Bond's PPs is always a possibility for balance/bulky offense as facing Mega Banette means not facing Mega Charizard or Mega Pinsir or anything, which just means the team facing it will be under a lot less pressure. Mega Banette could be somewhat viable if it wasn't a Mega, but overall Mega Banette is just not worth it.
Keep Garchomp A+.
While Garchomp is really good, it is just not metagame-defining at all, and it fares poorly against many top threats. The Scarf set is usually inferior to Landorus-T, so Garchomp is mostly used as a SR lead. While it is certainly efficient at that, it barely does much other than setting up SR reliably and losing afterwards, which does not mean it deserves S. Garchomp is amazing in XY OU but A+ is perfectly high.

Last edited:
Although I disagree with Mega Banette being ranked, keep in mind that it should always be running protect to safely mega evolve. So it can actually mega evolve against offense. Although this causes 4MSS, Banette is useless without protect.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To get some discussion going, here are the changes to the list that McMeghan proposed to me:

McMeghan said:
A-Rank
Mega Heracross A+ → A
Garchomp A+ → A ?? (really undecided about this one, I'll let you guys decide, I'm really undecided)
Mega Manectric A- → A

B-Rank
Kingdra B → B+ (or Kabutops down to B and then Omastar down to B-)
Rhyperior B → B+ (really incredible niche with good firepower for Offense)
Staraptor B → B-
Mega Ampharos B- → C (idk why you'd want to dedicace your mega slot to it tbh)
Quagsire B- → B
Sableye B- → C+/C
Zapdos B- → B

C-Rank
Conkeldurr C+ → B
Klefki C+ → B (spikes are reallllyyy good, and it's the best alternative for Offense beside Greninja)
Toxicroak C+ → C
Cobalion C → C+/B- (really amazing niche overall)
Froslass C- → C
Rotom-H C- → C/C+
Seismitoad C- → C+
Slowking C- → C
Lanturn: C → C-

D-Rank
Blissey D → C-
Zygarde D → C-

Lanturn shouldn't drop. I'm a complete convert to its cause. RestTalk is soooo good on it. It's a full stop to electric types and bird spam (Talon has to be +2 and adamant to even have a chance of a 2HKO). And it fits so well in cores. I've started using it over Rotom-W because so long as you have an answer to earthquake (aka a grass or flying type, both of which synergise well with Lanturn, what with Lanturn's defences to fire, ice and electric), the electric immunity is really, really nice to have as an alternative to ground immunity. On top of that, scald is better than Hydro Pump for a slow pivot. And in terms of bulk, it feels like Lanturn actually outdoes Rotom-W.

If you are unconvinced, try it. Don't mess around with heal bell -- there are much better clerics and you are polluting its role as pivot by trying to make it do too much. Go with RestTalk, aka "make the opponent tear his hair out".

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Could you please drop some replays of Yellow Fish doing work? Ladder will work, especially if both players have a good ranking.

I'm genuinely curious, I can see why you'd use Lanturn, it has a really interesting niche, but I wanna see what it does in practise.

Clefable for S Rank ---> Its have a ton of viable sets is bulk, fit on everyteam have 2 really strong and usable habilities can 6-0 teams and many other thinks and its fit exatcly on the definition of an S rank, Support unaware, CM Setup, Stealth rocks a fucked amazing movepool and finally a Mono Fairy type what make its fucking amazing and really hard to beat, and yeah Its meta game definying as CM clefable when you´re at +2 can really beat 1V1 even common checks like mega venusaur.

"S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the OU metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits"

Not crazy about mega amph dropping, It's niece in the strongest volt switch in the game, and all the moves it "needs" are volt switch, and dragon pulse, meaning you can kinda run whatever you want. Ive used it with alo wish support, and it really put in work like a mofo. I personally really love how much momentum it gives, and the ammount of stuff that loves slow voltswitches for entering the field is nuts (gengar, greninja, thundy). It's in the same rank as mega houndoom (which I know jack about, so whatever), and garchomp, which is very rarely worthwhile compared to his non-mega self.

Completely agree with klefki, spikes are great, and prankster T-wave is clutch af.

Zygarde is defo better than D, with some options no other dragons in the tier share.

dunno a lot about the others.

Mega Heracross A+ => A
Mega Heracross is well-known for being that Pokemon that has no good switch ins in the meta. However, there are a few problems that I think makes it unworthy of being in the same rank as OU metagame defining Pokemon such as Azumarill, Talonflame, and Clefable. Most importantly, its speed. Against faster offensive teams, which make up most of the teams used these days, almost everything can outspeed and KO/heavily damage Heracross, especially if its defense drops from a CC. There are also some bulky Pokemon, like Azumarill, that can take a hit if necessary and beat it one-v-one. The other mega wallbreakers, such as Charizard Y and Gardevoir, function much better against offense because they can not only absorb some hits from fast/frail Pokemon, they can outspeed the bulky threats like Kyurem or Lando and wreck. Another problem is the typing that allows it to be checked by any flying type as well as being weak to fairy and psychic, all prevalent types in the metagame. Heracross's main advantages are its bulk and the fact that it is the only mega wallbreaker that uses 100% accurate moves instead of having to rely on Focus Blast, for example. Out of all the wallbreakers I'd say it does the best job of breaking walls, but what does this really mean when its a complete deadweight against birdspam/most fast and offensive teams, which are the most commonly used teams right now?

Mega Heracross A+ => A
Mega Heracross is well-known for being that Pokemon that has no good switch ins in the meta. However, there are a few problems that I think makes it unworthy of being in the same rank as OU metagame defining Pokemon such as Azumarill, Talonflame, and Clefable. Most importantly, its speed. Against faster offensive teams, which make up most of the teams used these days, almost everything can outspeed and KO/heavily damage Heracross, especially if its defense drops from a CC. There are also some bulky Pokemon, like Azumarill, that can take a hit if necessary and beat it one-v-one. The other mega wallbreakers, such as Charizard Y and Gardevoir, function much better against offense because they can not only absorb some hits from fast/frail Pokemon, they can outspeed the bulky threats like Kyurem or Lando and wreck. Another problem is the typing that allows it to be checked by any flying type as well as being weak to fairy and psychic, all prevalent types in the metagame. Heracross's main advantages are its bulk and the fact that it is the only mega wallbreaker that uses 100% accurate moves instead of having to rely on Focus Blast, for example. Out of all the wallbreakers I'd say it does the best job of breaking walls, but what does this really mean when its a complete deadweight against birdspam/most fast and offensive teams, which are the most commonly used teams right now?

Well not really arguing but, Mega Mawile was like that exactly, except for Priority, anyway you can also run Substitute Heracross to break bird and psyquic mon on predict switch(Yeah most of mons are not staying if on Heracross) I think you´re absolutely correct if we are talking about the standard and most knowed and used set, but Heracross deserves its rank , In my oppinion it also makes stall really really bad on that Post Aegis era(As you have no way to switch on it and that is what stall is), And you forget that also Mega Heracross is bulk enough to tank even some super effective hits

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well not really arguing but, Mega Mawile was like that exactly, except for Priority, anyway you can also run Substitute Heracross to break bird and psyquic mon on predict switch(Yeah most of mons are not staying if on Heracross) I think you´re absolutely correct if we are talking about the standard and most knowed and used set, but Heracross deserves its rank , In my oppinion it also makes stall really really bad on that Post Aegis era(As you have no way to switch on it and that is what stall is)
I have to agree with this. Mega Heracross has the power to punch holes in teams even when it's running jolly. The firepower that it can bring to the table is so overwhelming that if you can find a safe switch into MHera (and it's not that hard. Fast or slow volt turn into something that doesn't like it and viola a forced switch), it will be able to break down defensive cores steadily. Granted it doesn't have the speed that MGallade got, but skill link is one other great niche that MHera has that we should take into factor. The ability to break subs and sashes consistently as well being able to power through defensive cores makes this mon a real big threat. There are definitely various risks involved in running this set, such as being vulnerable to acro Gliscor and other mons that are capable of outspeeding and revenging Mhera, however the rewards of this is mon are plentiful. It also has a pretty decent bulk so that it can live a neutral hit and either power up with SD, hide with Sub or smash through with any of it's remaining 3 moves. Overall, this mon deserves to be in A+ because the risk in using it is relatively medium and it provides a fairly good reward when played to it's role.

Edit: to the person who said MHera uses 100% accurate moves, Rock blast and Pin Missile are both less than 100% accuracy T T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)