Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that mega mawile is banned, there's this vacant gaping hole in my team.
Are there any other good wallbreaker megas with a decent priority and the ability to set up which could take the place of mawile?
not azu please, that thing is cancer

Chaining with Pokeradar would give better odds, if you're good at that. It's been too long since I've played on cart so I don't remember the exact details, but the minimum possible IVs increases at certain intervals in the chain. I want to say it was +1 guaranteed 31 IV every 20 mons in the chain, capping at minimum 3IV at >60. Idk, all I remember is getting a huge pile of 4IV Dittos and three 5IV ones (and one shiny 4IV!) from a 100some chain.
Oh, does Pokeradar increase the odds of perfect IVs? I didn't know that; I thought it was only for shinies. Well then, that seems like a good option.

Yeah that makes sense. I don't have much access to friend safari, and I don't have a normal type friend unfortunately.
I would help you out but I have a Water type safari. I'm sure Smogon has a subforum (probably on the Wifi or Orange Islands forum) to exchange FC for safaris. If not, then you can check out the subreddit /r/friendsafari. That's where I went to get every safari. The responses are very quick, especially if you yourself have, say, Eevee or Ditto in your own safari.

Are there any other good wallbreaker megas with a decent priority and the ability to set up which could take the place of mawile?
I don't think anything could ever truly take Mega Mawhile's place, but Bisharp hits pretty darn hard and has access to Sucker Punch and Swords Dance which meets both of your criteria. Admittedly, the change in typing is pretty significant, so you may have to change some Mons to get it to work.

then tell me what those are, atleast? ._.
Well, MHera is the main man of wallbreaking and can set up, but lacks priority. MMedi has priority, but lacks setup moves. Pinsir is strong, sets up, and has priority, but comes with a slew of problems due to his hazard weakness and the fact that he takes prio-Brave Birds like a bitch. Nothing can truly replace MMaw, you have to pick what you want to miss out on.

then tell me what those are, atleast? ._.
Dragonite doesn't fill the same sort of role as Mawile, but it does have great set-up (dd) and great priority (e-speed), difference being that Dragonite sets up on different mons than Mawile, and gets checked & countered by different mons, so a few changes to your team would be necessary in order for it to work best.

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Everything is going to be unbanned for at least a few weeks when ORAS releases right?
I'm absolutely certain that a few things are gonna be quickbanned, or stay banned, but it'll be a lot more free until tiers are reestablished and things get reallocated back to where they belong to be, after accounting for the new megas and things. Needless to say, should be interesting til then.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Everything is going to be unbanned for at least a few weeks when ORAS releases right?
Probably not, unless the mon got a quite a few hard counters. Even if something like mega slowbro counters mega luke (not saying it does/will), they would keep it banned because mega luke (or any banned poke) has so little counters that a lot of teams will practically be forced to use mega bro. That being said there probably wont be any changes for a few weeks till the meta settles.

I highly doubt anything will go down unless a change in mechanic (apparently they where going to nerf mega khan (?))

Not sure if this is the place to ask but I recently learned of the Mega Mawile ban and was wondering what does this mean for Normal Mawile? Non-Mega Mawile was in OU sadly preventing me from using its nice Defense and typing after Intimidate in the lower tiers. Wondering if I can use it in the lower tiers if it doesnt stand up in OU or if it'll get the same treatment as why it was in OU and be in Uber so I cant even use its non-mega anymore?

Not sure if this is the place to ask but I recently learned of the Mega Mawile ban and was wondering what does this mean for Normal Mawile? Non-Mega Mawile was in OU sadly preventing me from using its nice Defense and typing after Intimidate in the lower tiers. Wondering if I can use it in the lower tiers if it doesnt stand up in OU or if it'll get the same treatment as why it was in OU and be in Uber so I cant even use its non-mega anymore?
Well tiers change every 3 months so we will have to wait about 10 months until Mawile goes to NU.

Is there any Pokemon that can simultaneously run the role of Stallbreaker and Wallbreaker? What I notice is that if I'm trying to prepare for both play styles, the Pokemon runs into some problems against the opposite type.

For example, Stallbreaker Talonflame tends to be underwhelming in power for my team, so I lose momentum vs. Balanced teams w/ a Wall. But for whatever reason, I find some Wallbreakers like Kyurem-B fall a bit short of being able to break some Stall support, which impedes their ability to break the actual defensive walls.

Is there any Pokemon that can simultaneously run the role of Stallbreaker and Wallbreaker? What I notice is that if I'm trying to prepare for both play styles, the Pokemon runs into some problems against the opposite type.

For example, Stallbreaker Talonflame tends to be underwhelming in power for my team, so I lose momentum vs. Balanced teams w/ a Wall. But for whatever reason, I find some Wallbreakers like Kyurem-B fall a bit short of being able to break some Stall support, which impedes their ability to break the actual defensive walls.
Mega-Gardevoir usually has enough room to run Taunt while still hitting like a truck. Haxorus is less popular, but can also run taunt and still hit pretty hard with a Life Orb. I've never used a stallbreaker though, so I don't know if it's enough to just throw on Taunt and call something a stallbreaker.

if i want to run AV Meloetta, what EV spread/nature is best?
im thinking modest max spatk. dunno where the rest should go, already has high hp/spdef.
maybe max hp/spatk or split hp/spdef and max spatk? speed is another option too.

I was just wondering if there is any currently planed suspect tests, and on what ^^ just because I usually don't find out about it until too late n_n in advance thank you ^^

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
I was just wondering if there is any currently planed suspect tests, and on what ^^ just because I usually don't find out about it until too late n_n in advance thank you ^^
As of right now, the Mawilite suspect test just ended, so I doubt there will be any more in the near future, especially with the release of OR/AS lurking near. But hey, we'll find out.

Was mega salamence already quickbanned? I happened upon a smogon thread by a drunken haunter saying that they've already decided to ban mega salamence because the calcs all said it had no true checks or counters, but the thread was deleted and it doesn't say so in th XY ou banlist. So is it or will we suspect it?

Was mega salamence already quickbanned? I happened upon a smogon thread by a drunken haunter saying that they've already decided to ban mega salamence because the calcs all said it had no true checks or counters, but the thread was deleted and it doesn't say so in th XY ou banlist. So is it or will we suspect it?
Not sure how there's supposed to be accurate calcs or basis for a quickban when we don't even know M-Salamence's base stats. I wouldn't expect any sort of action until OR/AS is actually released.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't think anything could ever truly take Mega Mawhile's place, but Bisharp hits pretty darn hard and has access to Sucker Punch and Swords Dance which meets both of your criteria. Admittedly, the change in typing is pretty significant, so you may have to change some Mons to get it to work.
Yeah go with Bisharp. If you're good at prediction you can BS your way past its checks. The best part is that it doubles as a great Pursuit Trapper and can punish/stop Defog and keep your hazards up.

Have I ever mentioned I like Bisharp? Cause I do :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)