Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assume I have Sticky Web up and a Clawitzer with a Mild nature and 252 Speed IVs. What speed tier (or notable things in particular) can Clawitzer outspeed?
Assume the same scenario, except Clawitzer has no Speed IVs. What can Clawitzer outspeed now?
A Clawitzer with no speed IVs and max speed EVs will have 194 speed. This is able to outspeed everything that has a base speed of 78 and below, assuming they do not invest at all in speed, regardless of sticky web.

With sticky web up everything that has a speed stat of 293 or below will be outsped by above Clawitzer when hit by sticky web (293 times 0.66 (or -1 speed stage) = 193.38 which when rounded down becomes 193). (someone correct me if this is rounded up.)
So with the above facts, everything with a neutral speed nature and full investement in speed (252Evs) with a base 97 speed stat (or less) will be outsped by your clawitzer.
However, if your opponent is running a +speed nature AND running full investment, then only pokemon with lower than base 84 speed will be outsped by your clawitzer with sticky web in play.
I know I have only given you number and base speeds, but I hope this is ok for you to work with.

Edit: I forgot to do with full Ivs, and the guy above me has done a much better job -.- Sorry.

Thank you both so much, it really is a big help. Like I said, I am no good when it comes to knowing speed tiers and such.

About the Clawitzer, I have managed to capture a shiny one; it is Mild and happens to have perfect Speed IVs. Normally, I would probably run a bulkier set, but Mild kind of stifles that. In short, I am looking for the best way to optimize the use of this particular Clawitzer.

Thank you both so much, it really is a big help. Like I said, I am no good when it comes to knowing speed tiers and such.

About the Clawitzer, I have managed to capture a shiny one; it is Mild and happens to have perfect Speed IVs. Normally, I would probably run a bulkier set, but Mild kind of stifles that. In short, I am looking for the best way to optimize the use of this particular Clawitzer.
Use a different Clawitzer? If it only has one perfect IV and that's Speed, it's not going to be doing much anytime soon. I'd much rather use a 31/31/31/x/31/31 normal Azumarill than a 31/31/x/x/x/31 Shiny Azumarill, for example. Honestly, who cares about shininess.

If you're really into Shininess I can get you a box full of Shiny Eevees for a huge price. It's so absurdly easy to get Shinies.

Use a different Clawitzer? If it only has one perfect IV and that's Speed, it's not going to be doing much anytime soon. I'd much rather use a 31/31/31/x/31/31 normal Azumarill than a 31/31/x/x/x/31 Shiny Azumarill, for example. Honestly, who cares about shininess.

If you're really into Shininess I can get you a box full of Shiny Eevees for a huge price. It's so absurdly easy to get Shinies.
I never really understood why people ask things like that. Obviously, I care about using my shiny Clawizter. If I did not, I would not have asked. Besides, I am not going to be entering VGC's or really anything hyper-competitive anytime soon, so why should I obsess over perfect IVs in everything unless I need to outspeed a certain threat, secure a particular K.O., or survive something specific? I am playing for the enjoyment first and foremost, but I still wanted to know what is the most competitively viable way to run my Clawitzer.

Huge price? No, thanks. Yes, it is easy enough with a way to check SV's. I, unfortunately, do not have that luxury at the moment.

I never really understood why people ask things like that. Obviously, I care about using my shiny Clawizter. If I did not, I would not have asked. Besides, I am not going to be entering VGC's or really anything hyper-competitive anytime soon, so why should I obsess over perfect IVs in everything unless I need to outspeed a certain threat, secure a particular K.O., or survive something specific? I am playing for the enjoyment first and foremost, but I still wanted to know what is the most competitively viable way to run my Clawitzer.

Huge price? No, thanks. Yes, it is easy enough with a way to check SV's. I, unfortunately, do not have that luxury at the moment.
Without knowing the IVs of your Clawitzer, unfortunately, no EV spreads really work for it. Especially since you're probably going to be mixed with that Mild nature. If you're playing just for enjoyment, pick some random EV spread because chances are it's not really going to matter. The only thing you can really work with in terms of EVing is Speed unfortunately.

If you want a competitively viable build, you should probably get a better Clawitzer, since those IVs and nature are going to screw you up somehow no matter what you try.

Also I do care a little about certain Shinies (I would gladly decline a shiny 31/31/31/31/31/31 Virizion because it just looks gay). And so does the average competitive battler. What would most battlers say about your Clawitzer? Probably: "get a new one"

Hey guys, Which one of these movesets should I be running on my Flareon ?

Flareon @ Life Orb
Adamant
Flash Fire

Flare Blitz
Retaliate
Bite
Quick Attack

Or

Flareon @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
Guts

Flare Blitz
Facade
Bite
Quick Attack

Or Flareon @ Leftovers
Adamant
Guts

Flare Blitz
Facade
Rest
Sleep Talk

I am keen on using the first set since it's a shiny one with adamant nature and 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs but will it be as viable as the other two ?

Without knowing the IVs of your Clawitzer, unfortunately, no EV spreads really work for it. Especially since you're probably going to be mixed with that Mild nature. If you're playing just for enjoyment, pick some random EV spread because chances are it's not really going to matter. The only thing you can really work with in terms of EVing is Speed unfortunately.

If you want a competitively viable build, you should probably get a better Clawitzer, since those IVs and nature are going to screw you up somehow no matter what you try.

Also I do care a little about certain Shinies (I would gladly decline a shiny 31/31/31/31/31/31 Virizion because it just looks gay). And so does the average competitive battler. What would most battlers say about your Clawitzer? Probably: "get a new one"
I know the nature is not great, but it is far from the worst. I just want to make it usable in a semi-competitive environment, which is why I thought of the max Speed/Sticky Web support being perhaps my best option.

Yeah, I know. If I were to compete in a highly-competitive event, I would make sure at the very least my pokemon had the right nature. This Clawitzer is for semi-casual, really.

Anyway, thank you for the help.

Hey guys, Which one of these movesets should I be running on my Flareon ?

Flareon @ Life Orb
Adamant
Flash Fire

Flare Blitz
Retaliate
Bite
Quick Attack

Or

Flareon @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
Guts

Flare Blitz
Facade
Bite
Quick Attack
Or Flareon @ Leftovers
Adamant
Guts

Flare Blitz
Facade
Rest
Sleep Talk

I am keen on using the first set since it's a shiny one with adamant nature and 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs but will it be as viable as the other two ?
Firstly, the edit button exists. And secondly, Flareon's best set from Gen 5 was a Specially defensive Wish set (which isn't really saying much since it's Flareon). With a Guts set, you really need Superpower to break down Rock-types and Heatran (lol Bite). Or you can use Rock Smash...haha.

If you want to go defensive look at Flareon's NU analysis from Gen 5. If you want to go offensive, wait for Pokebank.

Good 3v3 singles team without megas? with my current team i can only get to 1800 on showdown and 1400 on battle spot.
Newb to OU and 3v3 here.

Can I ask for help with team building? If this is the wrong thread, I apologize. I'm looking for a solid 3v3 team for the Battle Maison that uses MegaMawile. How does M-Mawile/Gyarados/Garchomp sound? They can cover each other's weaknesses pretty well, and I already have a perfect IV bred Mawile, a few 4 perfect IV spitback Gibles, and a Gyarados from the Friend Safari with 3 perfect IVs. I have full breeding capabilities, so getting perfect IV Pokemon isn't too much of an issue. Sets could (possibly) look like this:

Mawile@Mawilite
Adamant, Intimidate, IVs TBD (Max attack for sure however)
Play Rough
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

Gyarados@Life Orb/Assault Vest/etc.
Adamant/Careful, Moxie/Intimidate, IVs TBD (tailored offensive/defensive as per team style)
Waterfall
Earthquake
Iron Head/Ice Fang
Dragon Dance
(moves for defensive set (?) TBD)

Garchomp@
Jolly, Sand Veil/Rough Skin, 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Earthquake
Dragon Claw/Iron Head/Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Substitute

Nothing is set in stone, suggestions welcome/appreciated, fire away.

Edit: could use a defensive Pokemon, all three being physical attackers and all...

Can I ask for help with team building? If this is the wrong thread, I apologize. I'm looking for a solid 3v3 team for the Battle Maison that uses MegaMawile. How does M-Mawile/Gyarados/Garchomp sound? They can cover each other's weaknesses pretty well, and I already have a perfect IV bred Mawile, a few 4 perfect IV spitback Gibles, and a Gyarados from the Friend Safari with 3 perfect IVs. I have full breeding capabilities, so getting perfect IV Pokemon isn't too much of an issue. Sets could (possibly) look like this:

Mawile@Mawilite
Adamant, Intimidate, IVs TBD (Max attack for sure however)
Play Rough
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance

Gyarados@Life Orb/Assault Vest/etc.
Adamant/Careful, Moxie/Intimidate, IVs TBD (tailored offensive/defensive as per team style)
Waterfall
Earthquake
Iron Head/Ice Fang
Dragon Dance
(moves for defensive set (?) TBD)

Garchomp@
Jolly, Sand Veil/Rough Skin, 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Earthquake
Dragon Claw/Iron Head/Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Substitute

Nothing is set in stone, suggestions welcome/appreciated, fire away.

Edit: could use a defensive Pokemon, all three being physical attackers and all...
Try this.

Alternatively, use a Durant.

Where would I put the last 4 EVs in a 252/252 mon if I wanted an opposing mon with Download to get an Attack boost when he came in on my mon?

Where would I put the last 4 EVs in a 252/252 mon if I wanted an opposing mon with Download to get an Attack boost when he came in on my mon?
If the mon has even Defense/Special Defense put them in Special Defense.
If it has more Defense you can't do anything about it.
If it has more Special Defense put it whereever.

Also do you really want Genesect to get an Attack boost? At least Special attack is a bit easier to manage because you can use a pink blob (though not very well, this is Genesect after all).

If the mon has even Defense/Special Defense put them in Special Defense.
If it has more Defense you can't do anything about it.
If it has more Special Defense put it whereever.

Also do you really want Genesect to get an Attack boost? At least Special attack is a bit easier to manage because you can use a pink blob (though not very well, this is Genesect after all).
It's more so it'll U-Turn out of Chomp and take Rocky Helmet/Rough Skin damage and not potentially KO me with Ice Beam lol

It's more so it'll U-Turn out of Chomp and take Rocky Helmet/Rough Skin damage and not potentially KO me with Ice Beam lol
Regardless of which boost it gets the Genesect user is going to click Ice Beam.

If you switch Garchomp into Genesect that makes you predictable later, and Genesect will just shoot out random Ice Beams later on in the game.

Which is why you switch something else into Genesect the second time. Rocky Helmet Garchomp is a decent answer to Genesect as long as you don't switch it in every time Genesect is out.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Regardless of which boost it gets the Genesect user is going to click Ice Beam.

If you switch Garchomp into Genesect that makes you predictable later, and Genesect will just shoot out random Ice Beams later on in the game.
Just want to say that Yache Chomp can OHKO Genesect with Fire Blast and live an Ice Beam IF Genesect doesn't get a SAtk boost from Download. back in Gen 5, some people used to run very few Def IVs on Chomp for this exact reason.

I have pokemon Y downloaded to my 3DS and pokemon X on cart. When I'm in game people from my friends list only appear in pokemon Y. What gives?

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I found a Youtube video of a PS battle that was uploaded back in October. In it, a Goodra had Recover. Is this just an error? Will Goodra be able to learn Recover at some point in the future?

How does Outrage interact with Fairy-types? I had thought that switching a Fairy into Outrage would end the rampage and allow the user to switch out. However, on PS, my Dragonite remained locked in. Is this an error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)