Other XY Triples Team

Hello, I apologize for how poorly written this may be, as it is my first post, and I'm not that good at writing.

Here is the team preview (I hope that it shows up correctly):
20140319082224!Blastoise_XY.gif
20140408103236!Zygarde_XY.gif
Greninja_XY.gif
LatiasXY.gif
politoed.gif
Scolipede_XY.gif

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall

Politoed is the main powerhouse on this team, with the ability to OHKO most foes, and it's physical build catching opponents off guard. The reason that I gave it water absorb instead of drizzle, is so that it can get healed by Greninja and Blastoise, and I don't need the rain that much.

Greninja @ Wide Lens
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Mat Block
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Surf

Mat block allows Politoed to get a substitue set up, surf lets Greninja deal some damage while healing Politoed, blizzard allows Greninja to deal lots of damage, and the wide lens gives blizzard and hydro pump a more reliability (hydro pump is there for a powerful single target move).

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Megahorn

Scolipede is on this team to clean up foes that Greninja and Politoed can't get, and with it's speed boost ability it can out-speed scarf users after a turn or two. I'm not worried about rocks with Scolipede, because it's not really going to switch out.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Water Pulse
- Iron Defense
- Rest

None of the pokemon on this team are exceptionally bulky, so I needed something that can take a hit, that's when I added Blastoise to this team. It can take hits, has iron defense, and for some reason gets follow me, the only thing it's missing to be an even better tank, is to have a better recovery move.

Zygarde @ Yache Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Land's Wrath
- Rock Slide
- Extreme Speed

Zygarde is powerful, and with land's wrath and rock slide, it can dent most pokemon that can survive Greninja's onslaught of special ice and water moves. Not only that, but it can set up with coil, and beat priority users with extreme speed. I gave Zygarde a yache berry, so that it can shrug of an ice move, and KO the user before it gets KOed by a repeated use.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Psychic

Latias can take special hits to some degree, can transfer status back on to the opponent with psycho shift, can defog, and can finish off foes with low health while the other team members focus on the stronger ones. I'm a bit unsure if I should replace Latias with something else, because even though it has it's uses, I almost never use it.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-166445815
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-166611896
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-166613564

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)