XY Ubers - Sunny Day + Reshiram = Nuke

*Acknowledgments go to Fireburn and Orch for helping me with the team*

Back again for my second RMT, but this time around I think I have made a better team than last time despite it being somewhat of a gimmick. It took a while to make, and I think I've got it. But before I start, let's look at the teambuilding process:

Of course, the title says it all on who the first team member is. Reshiram is the main point of the team, as its goal is to set up a Sunny Day and nuke stuff with Blue Flare, simple as that. But, another idea I had is since Resh can fry practically every Steel now with the combination, why not have something that doesn't do too well against them, like.....

Skymin seemed like the best candidate to pair with Reshiram, as it does particularly well against most bulky Waters and the like that can annoy Reshiram greatly. Also, it can serve as a semi-soft check to almost any setup sweeper slower than it with Air Slash, so that's good. But, as Reshiram is the only Sun setter and it does struggle with Water-types, a good option to pair with it would be.....

Groudon can do both the things mentioned above, and can serve as a solid check against things like Ho-oh, Extreme Killer Arceus, Mega Blazkien, and all that fun stuff. It can also provide the ability to cripple walls Resh cannot break past (which are few under Sun) with Toxic. But, the team still struggles with Kyogre even with Sun, so I decided to add....

Palkia was a good option for dealing with Kyogre, and it can function decently in both Rain and Sun, letting it be a key player in any point in the match. Of course, Hydro Pump is weakened, but it is a sacrifice Palkia has to take. Also, it can serve as an alternate 4x Fire resist along with Reshiram, so it provides relatively good synergy when facing other weather teams. But, problems arose as hazards and Xerneas pose an immediate threat to the composition so far, and I don't have a used Mega Slot, so a good option was...

Mega Scizor seemed like a good fit despite its weakness being amplified in Sun, but it more than makes up for it with the utility it brought. Defog, Xern check, momentum with U-turn, and more brought Scizor into the team combined with its good physical bulk and typing made it a solid member of this team. But, the team lacked a good revenge killer to deal with threats like Ygod, Darkrai, and needed an extra answer to Ho-Oh, so an overlooked choice would be....

Xerneas, my old nemesis, fit the final piece of the puzzle, serving as a solid utility revenge killer to the above mentioned threats and provided an extra boost in coverage options, and sometimes decided the outcome of the match in many cases, which made the fairy deer a lifesaver.

Darkrai eventually replaced Skymin, as Dark Void gave switch-in opportunities for Resh, and moves like Taunt and Dark Pulse helped alleviate my weakness to CM Arceus formes greatly and my E-Killer weakness slightly.

The Team Members:

"Hot Pocket"
Reshiram @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Attack)
Blue Flare
Draco Meteor
Roost
Sunny Day

Reshiram is the flagship member and nuke of the team, and provides most of the wallbreaking in the team composition. Sunny Day can let it negate opposing weather and can let it bring up Sun if Groudon isn't left standing. Blue Flare absolutely fries anything under the Sun, and combined with Life Orb, even resisted hits will sting, including 2HKOing Blissey 98.8% of the time, which is very solid for this team. Draco Meteor is an alternative if it would do more against walls like Giratina and is the second nuke option. And finally, Roost provides Reshiram with a good amount of longevity, and can heal off LO recoil and hazard damage.

"DBag is real"
Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Dark Void
Taunt
Dark Pulse
Sludge Bomb

Darkrai has so far proved invaluable as the new replacement for Skymin, and can disrupt teams relatively well. Dark Void is self-explanatory, and can cause residual damage with Bad Dreams, which gives Darkrai possible KOs with Life Orb added into the mix. Dark Pulse is also obvious, and can hit most of the meta neutrally. Sludge Bomb is used in tandem with Dark Pulse to hit Fairies like Xerneas and Fairy Arceus, in which the latter is very dangerous with Calm Mind to my team. Also, to prevent Sleep Talk from being used and to stop setup sweepers in their tracks, Taunt is preferred over Nasty Plot in this case, letting Darkrai be extremely useful at any point in the game.

"I Lava Good Barbecue"
Groudon Leftovers
Ability: Drought
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Defense, -Attack)
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Roar
Stealth Rock

Groudon is the primary and sole support member of the team, and it does its job well. Since Ho-Oh rustles this team's jimmies due to Sun, extra precautions have been taken to deal with it. Stone Edge destroys the flaming turkey of doom, and Stealth Rock deters it from coming in. Roar can phaze out the sweepers Groudon can check like Substitute Ho-Oh and Extreme Killer Arceus, and can rack up resid with Stealth Rock. Earthquake is Groudon's obligatory STAB move, and can deal good damage to Dialga leads, Zekrom, and Mega Blaziken, helping the team out in a pinch. Unfortunately, this is the only Ground coverage move on the team, and I usually have to go to extra lengths to keep Groudon alive, even to the point where mid-to-late-game SR's are common on this team.

"Dalek Caan"
Palkia @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump
Dragon Tail
Spacial Rend
Fire Blast

AV Palkia returns once again, and finds himself more at an awkward weather position. Despite being slightly out of its element, Palkia still serves as my favorite Kyogre counter, and provides some good all-around coverage. Hydro Pump isn't that great in Sun, but the weather does not last too long, so Palkia can still use it to mangle Ho-Oh or Ground-types if needed. Dragon Tail is to phaze out more setup sweepers and RestTalk Kyogre, which proves problematic to Palkia due to it not carrying Thunder anymore. Spacial Rend is still for consistency, as Reshiram uses it more than enough anyway. Fire Blast, however, is absolutely hilarious in sunny weather, KOing a good amount of Steel-types like Gene, Ferrothorn or even Klefki when needed, and can let the team have a secondary Sun-abusing move. Also, Kyogre ain't doing shit to Palk in Sun.

"Bullet Catcher"
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal --->Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Attack, -Special Attack)
Bullet Punch
Roost
Defog
Toxic

One of the primary team members in utility, Scizor has been an overabundance of help. Bullet Punch picks off weakened sweepers and GeoXern, as both will be weakened if Scizor needs to finish the job. Roost also gives Scizor much needed sustain, and it needs to be in the game as long as possible in order to Defog, as Resh prefers to have hazards out of the picture. Toxic lets Mega Scizor stand firm against most walls, and at the cost of U-turn, can reliably stall out most walls or cripple special sweepers.

"Rainbow Road"
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
76 Atk / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature (+Special Attack, -Special Defense)
Moonblast
Rock Slide
Close Combat
Sleep Talk

Xerneas is a very large threat in Ubers, obviously, and its offensive pressure lets it surprise opponents with revenge kills. Moonblast lets it revenge kill Dakrai, Yveltal, and opposing Dragon-types with ease combined with Fairy Aura. Rock Slide is that last bit of caution against Ho-Oh, always KOing it if needed. Close Combat has been changes from Focus Blast, as Blissey is very difficult to break through on this team; only Reshiram can do it, so Xerneas has been augmented to do so, and still hits the same targets as Focus Blast. Megahorn was originally used to defeat MM2Y, but it has been replaced in favor of Sleep Talk, as Darkrai trolls the rest of my team otherwise, and I haven't found myself using Megahorn too much anyway, and Sleep Talk has proven itself all too well when against Darkrai.

Threat List:
Choice-less Reshiram + Kyurem-W: Both are very difficult to defeat on this team simply due to the fact that they are extremely hard to switch into due to Sun. Xerneas can defeat Kyu-W and Groudon can KO Resh, but Groudon will. be severely damaged. However, if they are Choice variants, my team can easily play around their moves and either force them out or KO.

SubSeed Shaymin-S: If I'm not aware of opposing Skymin sets, there is a very high chance my team will be hax'd to death. Xerneas however can deal with Skymin with Moonblast or Rock Slide, regardless of Substitute, but if it's not alive, it can be gg without effort.

HP Fire MegaGar: Mega Gengar can deal with most of my team with the proper coverage move, but Groudon can kill with EQ, Scizor can weaken with BP and then escape with U-turn, and afterwards, Xerneas can deal with it. But, HP Fire will easily remove Scizor, especially in Sun, and ruin my chances of defeating it without Groudon if it somehow also runs Sub + Perish Song as well.

RestTalk Kyogre: Defensive Kyogre is very difficult for this team to take down, and surfaced as a threat after Skymin got the boot. Darkrai can Taunt it and Palkia can DTail it to the point where either it or Darkrai can revenge kill it, but otherwise RestTalk Kyogre is very dangerous, and will stop at nothing for world domination.

Old Team Members:

"1337 haxors"
Shaymin Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Seed Flare
Air Slash
Substitute
Leech Seed

Skymin was removed as though Seed Flare + Air Slash was very useful, it didn't provide enough team synergy in terms of weaknesses, and enough utility over its replacement, Darkrai. Also, it sometimes proved to be setup bait for CM Steel Arceus and just CM Arceus in general unless it put up a Sub.

Last edited:
I've been thinking for a bit, and since I'm somewhat weak to EKiller and MegaGar, I was considering replacing Toxic with Roar on Groudon. Also, an alternative solution would be replacing Toxic with Lava Plume as well for burn lulz and extra insurance for Steel-types. But, Toxic will leave the team somewhat open to Lugia or other walls, but since I can deal with Blissey with Resh or Xern, and Lugia is taken care of by Resh or Palk, I think I can do so. Any suggestions?

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Don isn't Beating cm arceus forms anytime soon. I dislike how your team gives them ample amount of time to set up. There were other huge flaws but the cm arceus problem is especially noteworthy since you cannot defeat them outside of multiple crits

Don isn't Beating cm arceus forms anytime soon. I dislike how your team gives them ample amount of time to set up. There were other huge flaws but the cm arceus problem is especially noteworthy since you cannot defeat them outside of multiple crits
I think I need to stop making these lol

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well your team is weak to multiple things in order of threat wise

Cm arceus- unable to do anything ez sweep
Ho oh- free ko every time it comes in
Offensive palkia- zero safe switchins
Xerneas with hp fire
All mewtwo variants
Hyper offensive teams shit over you since you lack the defensive synergy to stop them nor do you have the offensive prowess to take momentum from them.

Honestly I can't think of anyway to help fix up these problems without massively revamping your team but by that point I'll be breaking rmt rules

Well your team is weak to multiple things in order of threat wise

Cm arceus- unable to do anything ez sweep
Ho oh- free ko every time it comes in
Offensive palkia- zero safe switchins
Xerneas with hp fire
All mewtwo variants
Hyper offensive teams shit over you since you lack the defensive synergy to stop them nor do you have the offensive prowess to take momentum from them.

Honestly I can't think of anyway to help fix up these problems without massively revamping your team but by that point I'll be breaking rmt rules
Yeah. You guys can lock this if need be. I give up :P

edit: Wait, Orch helped me a bit, and we made some changes to the team. Skymin was booted, Darkrai enters the battle, and Palk + Groudon got phazing moves.

Last edited:
Since there was a major update with Darkrai being added and moveslot changes for Groudon and Palkia, I'll think I should bump.

Wait this is my 100th post? Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)