Cinccino @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Pretty standard, I used Knock Off > Rock Blast because hitting Ghosts and Metagross/Jirachi is more important than the coverage Rock Blast gets imo. As for my thoughts on it, it was decent at best. Against any even semi-defensive team, it struggled, because it really isn't too strong even with a choice band and has little hope of breaking most Steel-types. Against offensive teams, it would usually kill like their haxorus or something and then get forced out by their scarfer, but getting at least one kill most of the time is good enough. And good luck switching in on literally ANYTHING, even the ghost immunity is extremely risky (Chandelure's Fire Blast says hi). Overall, it isn't a bad choice because its fast and can OHKO a lot of offensive pokemon, but it needs quite a bit of support to function.

edit: here's a log where it cleans up pretty nicely (or would have if not for the forfeit): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-96087095

I did not get my ladder reports or final anlysis in last week, so lets give it another go.

Pokemon: helioisk and celebi (sun team)

Alt: will v-create and proof later today

update

User: shimokitazawa
Format Elo GXE Glicko-1 COIL ARMS W L T
uubeta 1298 67 1634 ± 61 1153 1237 19 9 0

tier changes have hit this team hard as it relied heavily on physically defensive zapdos, both as a defogger and as a great hawlucha check. i've replaced darmanitan with victini since darmanitan's constant recoil and fraility was getting really annoying, while zapdos's spot was used to experiment with various pokemon, including but not limited to: hawlucha, salamence and cloyster, before i finally settled on galvantula, who brings reliable sticky web support. this allows CB cinccino to kill stuff easier as she's not getting outrun by most scarfers/mega manectric and co. anymore. (i think i also went on a tilt for a night or so hence the 9 losses: half of them were probably from that night)

vaporeon is still doing a decent job at being a switchin to just about everything, while i'm really liking healing wish LO offensive celebi atm. nuke random stuff with leaf storm, then when celebi's time is up just healing wish and send cinccino/victini/darmanitan back in and wreck more shit.

the next bunch of things i might experiment with is probably weird things like AV entei for a fire type, though arcanine/megadoom also sounds pretty swell.

replays (note that these are pretty much when zapdos still existed as of like, last night lol):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-96875795 - cinccino wreckage near the end. head smash missing was hardly important as darm could've cleaned up either way
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-96873067 - celebi pulls off a healing wish for cinccino
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-96484437 - once cinccino gets in, the fun starts... assuming she gets in safely

im kind of not at my best atm so the quality of the ladder replays probably suck, will probably try to get higher so that the replays don't look like complete shit now lol

#fuckOU #freezapdos

basic tldr: cinccino is a fucking nuke, screw off cloyster, i was here first

Allright, Calling in.

So far Cinccino has been doing pretty well. If she's on the field, that is. The main and most obvious downside is her frailty, but if she gets on the field, something will take damage.
I've been running the King's Rock set with Tail Slap/Bullet Seed/Rock Blast/U-turn. I ran Knock Off first over Rock Blast but it didn't really have the power once I knocked some item away. 95 Base Attack isn't very high or something, so you gotta roll with the power over utility imo.
Also Crobat+Florges+Maggron best partners

I haven't battled much on my alt yet mainly because I had to figure a team out. That shall change later on, since I have some more free time from now.

Edit: nope I don't have the time i thought I'd have.
Dropping out, but I'm sure I'll use Cinccino in the future :)

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Doing pretty well with Celebi thus far. Able to recycle an older team i used to good effect. Celebi functions well on a volt-turn team due to the many resistances and offensive coverage it provides. Only lost twice, once when I didn't realize mence was in the tier and hadn't changed some stuff to account for it. Second one was when real life called.

Celebi @ Leftovers

Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
Ev's: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Moves:
-Giga Drain
-Earth Power
-U-Turn
-Recover

Ev's are strange, I don't remember what 36 speed lets you do but it does something. Regardless, moves are simple, giga drain is STAB, Earth Power smack Magnezone, U-Turn for momentum since Celebi forces lots of switches. Recover is used when they have hazards set up mostly o that I can continue to switch in later in the battle. So far, Celebi checks lots of special attackers nicely and is a great switch in to bulky waters since it doesn't fear scald burns. Some powerful attackers it beats are Kingdra, Magnezone (kinda), and with proper prediction most choiced things. Earth Power in particular is great since things like Houndoom are always looking to come in and set up on Celebi only to be smacked on the switch.

I've been forgetting to save logs but will do that and post back later.
View attachment 10544

Pokemon: Helioisk and Celebi (Sun Team)

Initial Reactions

Celebi:

Celebi is nice in several roles, but as a sweeper or pivot I find it rather lackluster. Generally I think Mew has more versatility with the same stats, but the defensive typing and Natural Cure ability, I think I found a fair role. Right now I am using it as sort of an anti-stall lead or sun setter. Calm Mind to Houndoom or Heliosk can be brutal. Giga Drain is for a bit of added longevity, but I do not expect Celebi to stay around to long either. I might go recover, but then it would be easy Taunt bait. Knock Off is a problem, especially with people using so many leads with it.

Heliosk:

Not really a pivot, not really a revenge killer, I think this guy will pull his weight. Solar Power + Volt Switch coming from a fair special attack is something to brace for in a ploy to regain momentum. I need too hammer out a better move set for him in the sun as it is pretty sparse.

We will see how these two pokes measure up!

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- U-turn

Celebi @ Heat Rock
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Chlorophyll
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- SolarBeam
- Sludge Bomb

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Gentle Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Sunny Day
- Phantom Force

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Iron Head
- Morning Sun

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- SolarBeam

Pokemon: Celebi
Alt name: brogasm

With Chansey gone, there's no one wall that's gonna switch in on every special move, so you need to use different resistances if you want a successful balanced team. Celebi does that nicely by eating up ground, fighting, water, electric and grass attacks. The special bulk is pretty nice, too. You can even wall life orb Starmie assuming you don't get frozen.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

EVs are whatever the standard is on Showdown, didn't bother making them myself. If I play this team again I would probably get rid of the speed EVs since having a slower u-turn against Jirachi and Mew is nice (lets Celebi eat the body slam/will-o-wisp since they move first, then u-turn to a counter while natural cure gets rid of Celebi's status).

Haven't gotten to play a lot, but I should be able to ladder tomorrow. My first impressions of Mega Abomasnow is that it is surprisingly powerful but really really hard to switch in due to its awful defensive typing. Once it gets in though, it does serious work; in the few gamrs I have played, he has gotten at least two mons killed per match. I use an all-out attacker set like what was above:

Abomasnow @Abomasite
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 200 HP, 56 Attack, 252 Sp. Attack
Blizzard
Giga Drain
Earthquake
Ice Shard

It can pick off weakened foes easily with Ice Shard and can gain extra heath with Giga Drain. Blizzard stings all those that don't resist it. Overall, I'm impressed with its power if it can get to attack. Its too bad its got such awful typing, especially with all the fire types in the tier.

Just a friendly reminder that all ladder screenshots are due by tomorrow at 10:30pm MST (Friday 12:30am EST).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)