YAGFUT(Yet Another Gen Five Ubers Team)

Edit: Changes in blue

I wanted to be cool and have my own Gen 5 RMT too thus Team make Zekrom work was made. Then I gave up trying that and just made YAGFUT which is basically my last Gen4 team with a few changes here and there.

The dudes:

The stuff you're actually gonna read:

Dialga@Lum Berry
Pressure
Modest 252HP/220SpAtk/36Spe
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Thunder
Flamethrower
Anti-lead(ish) Dialga. It can't stop Deoxys-S from getting 2 layers and is 2hko'd by Deoxys-A BUT it 1hkos Darkrai with Draco Meteor(Lum Berry saves it from Dark Void), beats Groudon with Flamethrower -> Draco Meteor, Survives modest SpecsOgre's Water Spount and cripples it with Thunder. Flamethrower brings Forretress down to Sturdy. I guess what I'm saying is I trade the ability to beat Deoxys with the ability to beat most other leads, including fairly obscure ones. If its not that badly beat up after tackling their lead it can come in later and take a hit or two and retaliate with a 430 SpAtk.

Skarmory@Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish/Careful 252HP/4Def/252SpDef
Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind
Taunt/Toxic
Although Shrang is all 'Skarm is new Latias' I used it first... at the end of 4th gen ._. Copycat! ;_;
Although Careful is also viable, I prefer Impish to help take boosted Outrages and Stone Edges letting me get spikes up. Yes, I know Reshiram is soooo amazing and pwns his face etc. etc. Skarm still checks Groudon, Ray, Chomp, choiced pokes locked into dragon attacks, some Arceus sets you get the picture. Also Reshiram can't come in safely unless its a turn where its fairly obvious I'll roost thanks to the threat of Whirlwind + hazard damage ruining his day. I might follow Shrang on the use of toxic over taunt since taunt just isn't that good on Skarm anymore while Toxic allows it to stall through some situations. I take that back, I've run into several situations where 'I'm just like holy crap! I have taunt' Toxic might be the better choice anyway, but even at 3 turns, taunt gets there when I use it. Despite the fact I no longer have Kyogre to make Skarmory nigh unkillable with a fire attack he is now nigh unkillable unless you have a fire attack since the sun reduces Thunder's accuracy being reduced to 50% and Surf's power halved as well.

Palkia@Choice Specs
Pressure
Timid/Hasty 4HP/252SpAtk/252Spe
Draco Meteor
Surf
Fire Blast
Spacial Rend/Outrage
Although not as powerful or bulky as the Specs Dialga I once had, Specs Palkia has the advantage of being 100 speed which lets it outspeed all the unscarfed base 90s so it doesn't really need the bulk as much. It also has 4x resistance to water letting it switch in Kyogre's Water Spouts and punish Draco Meteors from a 598 SpAtk which can KO after SR. If they try to save Kyogre by switching then whatever it is will be taking the Draco Meteor instead. Surf is a second STAB that gets boosted by rain and deals with most steels while Fire Blast lets me kill steels in the sun. If Blissey starts to become a problem I'll use a Hasty nature with Outrage to help deal with it, otherwise I'm sticking to Spacial Rend so I have a Dragon Move I can sweep with. Not quite as powerful as Draco Meteor, it still does at least 69% to support Groudons.

Groudon@Leftovers
Drought
Adamant 252HP/252Def/4Atk
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Tail

Defensive Groudon is here to not die horribly to Zekrom, who use to sweep my entire team(I heard that's bad) Stealth Rock and Earthquake are obvious. Rock Slide is being used over Stone Edge so Sub/Roost Ho-oh can't outstall me then murder my team with sun boosted Sacred Fires+Brave Bird(Can't always get SR up in time). Dragon Tail lets me phaze BP Mews in addition to doing a little damage to whatever else I need to phaze. Groudon obviously poses as a second check to anything physical that Skarmory walls in addition to also taking choiced Thunders(Something Skarm cannot hope).

Mewtwo@Life Orb
Tension/Pressure
Timid 4HP/252SpAtk/252Spe
Calm Mind
Aura Sphere
Fire Blast
MIND CRUSH
I mean Psycho Break

Mewtwo retakes his throne as the King of Pokemon. Fire Blast is to 1hko Scizor, who 1hkos U-Turn or Pursuit should I switch and its used over Flamethrower so I can 1hko all Groudon after 1 Calm Mind. Psycho Break is for MIND CRUSHING and Aura Sphere is for Steels and other things that try to prevent mind crushes like Darkrai. Darkrai is a jerk.
After 1 Calm Mind and SR damage Mewtwo basically 1hkos anything that gives it trouble on the special side with Psycho Break and what doesn't is usually KO'd by Ice Beam or Aura Sphere.

If you're doing Dream World stuff then Tension is strictly better than Pressure since it stops things like Chople Berry TTar and Custap Berry and whatever the Psychic resist berry is just in case something tries to eat it to save its mind from being crushed(Are there any Psychic weak pokes used in ubers in the first place???) meanwhile Pressure doesn't offer much of anything to an offensive set.

Arceus@Spooky Plate
Multitype
Timid 252HP/4SpAtk/252Spe
Calm Mind
Judgement
Focus Blast
Recover
Not much to say here. I HATE Focus Blast with a passion but nothing else Arceus has complements Ghost Judgement so I can't really afford to pass it up ;_;. It feels like the weakest member of my team but at the same time it consistently pulls its weight when I'm in a pinch so I'm not sure what, if anything, to change it to. If it starts to Calm Mind it can sweep teams but I just feel like there could be something better here.

crushing minds since 2010

PS: I'm Shorts Kid on PO

You lack a safe switch in to specs kyogre. I recommend replacing specs dialga with specs palkia for its extra speed and ability to beat blissey. Mewtwo kinda struggles to work with this set in the rain due to steels walling this set rather well. Despite fire blast being weakened in the rain, it is a good way of beating scizor and forry.

You lack a safe switch in to specs kyogre. I recommend replacing specs dialga with specs palkia for its extra speed and ability to beat blissey. Mewtwo kinda struggles to work with this set in the rain due to steels walling this set rather well. Despite fire blast being weakened in the rain, it is a good way of beating scizor and forry.
Well Forretress is 2hko'd by +1 Aura Sphere and I kinda need Aura Sphere to stop Darkrai(and Heatran) so its Ice Beam vs Fire Blast
If I go with Ice Beam Scizor and Skarm and end my sweep. If I go with Fire Blast Giratina-O ends my sweep. I suppose Fire Blast is better since I can always switch out of Giratina-O. I hate missing though... I think Flamethrower should get me all the KO's I'd want Fire Blast to I'll run the calcs :D

As for SpecsKia I suppose its really useful against Kyogre. I'm gonna miss the ability to take Stabbed Draco Meteors and retaliate with a 1hko but out speeding half the tier seems like a fair trade off.
Draco Meteor
Outrage(DIE BLOB)
Surf
Fire Blast/Thunder ya?

Yeah with specs palkia. Mewtwo can still 2HKO giratina-o with psycho break, can't it? Shadow sneak would beat it anyway.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
A little short note here but I would advise against putting Specs Palkia > Specs Dialga without a few other changes (which I'm currently not bothering to think off the top of my head), because it's the only thing resisting Electric atm (and it's already unreliable because CB Zekrom does approx 42%-49% with Lightning Strike...). If you replace Specs Dialga with Specs Palkia, Zekrom will literally OHKO everyone with CB Lightning Strike after SR, and Scarf Zekrom will leave gaping holes.

Yeah, Zekrom will then kinda bulldoze your team. Still, otherwise, kyogre can bulldoze your team. I suppose you could put in a ground type like garchomp.

Also, I'd recommend hydro pump over surf to 2HKO bliss after SR and maybe thunder over fire blast to OHKO specs kyogre (certain after SR).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)