1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Yanmega (WIP)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by B-Lulz, Oct 14, 2012.

1. B-Lulz

B-Lulz You ain't gotta love it 'cos the hood gone love it
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[SET]
    name: Choice Specs
    move 1: Bug Buzz
    move 2: Air Slash
    move 3: Giga Drain / Hidden Power Ground
    move 4: U-turn
    item: Choice Specs
    ability: Tinted Lens
    nature: Timid / Modest
    evs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET]
    name: Speed Boost
    move 1: Bug Buzz
    move 2: Protect
    move 3: Air Slash
    move 4: Giga Drain / U-turn
    item: Life Orb
    ability: Speed Boost
    nature: Modest / Timid
    evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Only two sets I can really think of at the moment, feel free to throw any ideas at me, i'll properly write it up later.
  2. Nas

Nas real
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Seriously, I don't understand the purpose of Giga Drain on Yanmega. It's only useful against two Pokemon, neither of whom can take two Bug Buzzes from either set. I think the Choice Specs set would benefit more from Psychic, which allows Yanmega to bypass Crobat. Sleep Talk should also get a slash in that slot, since Yanmega can switch in relatively easily on Sleep users like Roserade, Venomoth, and Amoonguss. Remove Choice Scarf, and put it in Other Options, it just doesn't hit hard enough and Pokemon with 4x Stealth Rock weaknesses generally don't make good Scarfers.

The Life Orb set should have Hidden Power Rock in the fourth slot, otherwise Yanmega is stopped cold by Zapdos, and it also gives you a more powerful option against Fire-types, most notably Chandelure and Arcanine, who you can't OHKO with Air Slash after SR.
  3. kokoloko

kokoloko genius cannot be contained
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

Yeah, not only does Scarf suck, but as a general rule we never do "Choice" sets, we usually separate Scarf from Specs/Band.

Also be sure to mention Tinted Lens with Life Orb and Roost somewhere. Yanmega can actually take physical hits surprisingly well if you manage to keep SR off the field.

EDIT: I added a QC tag to your title and took the liberty of making some small edits to your post lol

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)