move 1: Bug Buzz
move 2: Protect
move 3: Air Slash
move 4: Giga Drain / U-turn
item: Life Orb
ability: Speed Boost
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Only two sets I can really think of at the moment, feel free to throw any ideas at me, i'll properly write it up later.

Nas

Banned deucer.
Seriously, I don't understand the purpose of Giga Drain on Yanmega. It's only useful against two Pokemon, neither of whom can take two Bug Buzzes from either set. I think the Choice Specs set would benefit more from Psychic, which allows Yanmega to bypass Crobat. Sleep Talk should also get a slash in that slot, since Yanmega can switch in relatively easily on Sleep users like Roserade, Venomoth, and Amoonguss. Remove Choice Scarf, and put it in Other Options, it just doesn't hit hard enough and Pokemon with 4x Stealth Rock weaknesses generally don't make good Scarfers.

The Life Orb set should have Hidden Power Rock in the fourth slot, otherwise Yanmega is stopped cold by Zapdos, and it also gives you a more powerful option against Fire-types, most notably Chandelure and Arcanine, who you can't OHKO with Air Slash after SR.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Yeah, not only does Scarf suck, but as a general rule we never do "Choice" sets, we usually separate Scarf from Specs/Band.

Also be sure to mention Tinted Lens with Life Orb and Roost somewhere. Yanmega can actually take physical hits surprisingly well if you manage to keep SR off the field.

EDIT: I added a QC tag to your title and took the liberty of making some small edits to your post lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)