Yay, my first thread [/noob] + RMT/LAMT

GENGAR @ Life Orb
Levitate
Timid (4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spd)
- Hypnosis
- HP Fighting
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Strange kind of Gar. HP Fighting is for Weavile. Not sure about EVs, do you think I need this much Speed?

TYRANITAR @ Choice Band
Sandstream
Adamant (128 HP, 252 Atk, 128 Def)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch

Yeah, a pretty much Standard CBTar. As with all sets, EVs will not be well thought out, due to the lack of a metagame. Any ideas are welcome though.

GARCHOMP @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
Jolly (252 Atk, 128 SpD, 128 Spd)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Excuse the Standardness of these sets :/ Is this enough Speed?

SWAMPERT @ Leftovers
Torrent
Adamant (128 HP, 128 Atk, 252 SpD)
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Okay, one of the more defensive Pokes on my team. Stealth Rock support seems to be useful to this team.

CLAYDOL @ Leftovers
Levitate
Modest (128 HP, 252 Def, 128 SpA)
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Land Power
- Explosion

Strange Claydol. Will this work? Also, is this enough SpA?

AZELF @ Adherance Scarf
Levitate
Modest (252 SpA, 252 Spd)
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Explosion

A fast Azelf, to try and counter Gyarados.

---

Ok, here's my first shot at a team. Er ... any suggestions? What is it that this team can't properly handle, and how can I change it to handle this. I know that there's not really a plan involved in this, but it's pretty much designed in hope that it will take care of a lot of stuff. Thanks (excuse my lack of team making ability :/).

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am thinking of making an announcement that states you should rethink your team if "You are 6-0ed by Gyarados if it gets a DD". With EQ/Ice Fang/Dragon Dance/Taunt, the proposed DP Standard, you can not do anything at all to it if it gets a DD, as it will likely OHKO your slower Azelf...the only thing you can switch into it is Gengar, which will probably work once before they catch on and Ice Fang/Waterfall you on the switch next time.

In general, you team is full of standards that don't really play off one another. Everything here can be OHKOed or 2HKOed by Tyranitar and Heracross, who are free to hit and run all day.

If you knew there "there's not really a plan involved in this", you really shouldn't have posted it in the first place, and you know that. This "team" isn't going to impress anyone now or at any time, and I'm actually going to have to sticky Surgo's thread and make its advice mandatory, because I'm not having us put up with these kinds of RMTs which were/are bad enough in Ever Grande.

Hmm, I thought I had a Gyarados weak. Yeah, I will need to re-think that. Sorry about the lack of thought, but the idea in posting this sub-acceptable team is to learn how to think up teams better. Not expecting any praise or anything.

Hmm, I thought I had a Gyarados weak. Yeah, I will need to re-think that. Sorry about the lack of thought, but the idea in posting this sub-acceptable team is to learn how to think up teams better. Not expecting any praise or anything.
I believe Misty has stated 123303940534 or so times that if you want to learn how to make a good team, lurk and pay attention to teams that are more successful. Posting a team like this will get you nowhere, and you should probably know that from seeing how poorly-thought-out teams are treated around here.

I have changed Azelf to an Adherance Scarf one, to help with the Gyarados problem. I think a Life Orb Dugtrio could help this set, but who should I remove?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)