You cannot hope to stop keldeo, You can only hope to contain him

hello i am a new user here on Smogon. This is my first RMT centered around one of my favorite Pokemon Keldeo. keldeo has great speed, amazing special attack okay defenses for an offensive pokemon and a surprisingly usable attack. this team is far from perfect its just a fun little thing thats very fun and fast paced. This might be the first BW2 RMT. If any one can help make my team better that would be great​
Team Building Process:​

Firstly, this team was to have my fav poke, Keldeo

Secondly, i made this team at the advent of the b2w2 releases so i knew i wanted to try the newly hyped Therian formes of the genies

well this is sort of a no brainer all the Pokemon on this team love rain

It is a new generation and since the genies were the talk of the show so i knew alot of teams with them would start to pop up with them seemed stupid to not have counters to the numerous teams with the Therian thundurus and tornadus

On to the sets

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP
Modest Nature
moves:
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- focus blast
- Toxic

politoed sets up the rain. politoed hits harder than a MOFO. specs hydro pump in the rain hurts. i always use specs politoed because there really isnt much of a weather war if you play it correctly regardless of sun or sand it will hit tyranitar and ninetales very hard. its also nice to hit the suddenly popular amoongus coming in on the predicted scald with an ice beam that does about 70% percent. i dont feel the need for speed EVs so i just dumped them in HP for a little bulk

Tornadus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
BEASTLY BEAST. faster than light with base 110 special attack and specs STAB hurricane LOL. Oh no! my opponent has up rocks and i have no spinner whatever will i do tornadus can only switch in 4 times.
oh wait i have regenerator so that 25% is always recovered when i switch​

Thundurus-Therian @ choice scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- volt switch
Game Freak: HEY! lets take thundurus and give him 145 base special attack
me: o.o
Game Freak: oh by the way lets give him 101 base speed

me: >_> well there basically goes the nasty plot set guess i have to scarf that mofo or use a sub life orb set
still 145 base special attack though so yeah. and i love it when other thundurus come in expecting some delicious nutritious HP and get a hidden power to the face or when they think i will over predict and use hidden power then i volt switch and bury their water types into the ground. it also stops volt turning chains DO NOT let that rotom-w hydro pump you however

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef
- Thunder
- Water Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Substitute​
Big ass threat counter #1. you better be prepared for tornadus. it will come in laugh at you spam hurricane till you cry it will fill you with despair and drive you bat shit insane. 12 years later in the loony bin while eating your fecal matter you will say why oh why did i not bring in a counter for tornadus. well if you dont want to eat poop get a jirachi or porygon 2. Damage: 131 - 154 of 404 HP 32% - 38% thats timid specs hurricane versus jirachi. calm mind jirachi is very underated good physical bulk and nice speed and all around stats to pull calm mind off it can come in on a ferrothorn setting up hazards and go plus 6 on it it can come in on amoongus any day beware of stun spore and spore though. serene grace thunder and water pulse is just icing on the cake. parafusion a poke and watch the raging begin

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore
Big ass threat counter #2 oh no whatever will i do there is a thundurus in thats threatening to ruin my day well never fear amoongus is here solid special wall with regenerator 2 types of status a nice stab move that recovers hp and a super effective hidden power on thundurus. yes please Damage: 178 - 212 of 432 HP41% - 49% thundurus's life orb hp ice will never 2hit ko even without lefties while you can dispose of it with hp ice or spore if it it specs and you arent at full health you can always go into tornadus after and start the havok wreaking

It Is Time

Keldeo @ Life orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 6 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
The Beast Pony. oh my goodness is keldeo amazing. after a swords dance things faint its that simple aqua jet is for scarfers who think they can revenge good its scary good in the rain close cambat all slower than you and stone edge is for dragons and in particular amoongus it doesnt ko but if it is under 62% health you will be KOing it all the time. this pony works wonders and all the special walls come out to play fearing the specs or calm mind set then get gored by that magnificent horn

in my opinion this is a pretty ok team,but if you ever built this time in game you would be using the normal keldeo form not the resolution form beacuse it has to have secret sword to be in its resolution form,just putting that out there.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Why are you running SD Keldeo. It has pathetic Base 72 Attack and even after a boost is weak. If you want to keep Keldeo I'd recommend using a regular Calm Mind variant or if you want a physically offensive water type SubDD Gyarados would fit

Not only that, the fact is, if you're running a SD set, Keldeo is in his Usual Form since he doesn't have Secret Sword.

That might sound like nitpicking since it was already mentioned, but think about it. Every Keldeo Special set, whether Specs, Calm Mind...whatever, runs Secret Sword, thus in Resolution Form. Any POSSIBLE surprise factor is thrown away the second it sees Keldeo in Usual Form, They'll know immediately you're running a Physical Set which means it's now easy as sin to switch in on you because there's nothing Keldeo can threaten with turn 1 without Swords Dance.

So yeah, the Special Walls coming to fear the CM or Specs set? That doesn't happen because they already know you're running a Physical set, thus taking away any and all actual usefulness of the SD set. This only slightly worked in DW because of the lack of the Resolution Form's existence. You don't have that luxury now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)