Your average team

Just a team I made. My experience is mostly from Gen 4 UU so I wouldn't mind some help from those who know gen 5. The team is rather solid but there is always room for second opinions

Weavile (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Counter

Anti Lead made after the GEN4 Sneasel variant. Fake Out outspeeds and cripples Ampidoms completely. Its extremely rare Ampidom can do anything to Counter on turn 2. Other than that Fake out is used to scout out when opponent plans to stay in and when to tag out. Very helpful for predicting opponents moves, something such frail mon needs to do to stay alive. Also handy to reveal Zoroarks. I use Pursuit because later on its handy for revenge killing Psyhic types. Namely Post V-Create Victini but works on likes of Azelf and Xatu too. Taunt is namely there to cripple every Stealth Rock user in the Tier. Outside of Nidoking they happen to be physical so I get to counter them to not worry about SR for rest of the game. Countersash is extremely useful in a tier where all but one SR user is physical and easily orkos Weavile. This serves me well as those SR users tend to be my opponents check for Kingdra (Bronzor/Registeel/Cobalion/whatever). This allows me to set up and sweep with Kingdra much easier, resulting lots of momentum. Countersashis not that often seen tactic apparently, making it absurdly unpredictable. Also If I for some reason choose to lead with Raikou or Aerodactyl, it does wonders to unsuspecting Physical set up sweepers, Moxie scarf things and Darmatitan late to mid game. Weavile's more common sets let me to do silly things to unsuspecting enemies with this set.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Revenge kills and late game sweeps while checking quite a few mons. Is there really anything I can say about the most used mon of the tier expect the part that has been said million times over? (at least was last month). I tried Mienshao but it lacked bulk and switch in potential to fit my tastes. Generally awesome mon when teamed up with Raikou to provide solid offence from both ends of the spectrum.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I wanted something that can deal massive amounts of special damage. Huge amount of bulky waters on the tier made me pick this thing. I find Calm Mind Variant Rather lackluster to be the only Special form of offence so I went with this. Volt Switch is amazing move to use for obtaining momentum so I find myself using it on 90% of switch ins this thing causes on bulky waters. Later on this beast sweeps with Tbolt assuming the obligatory check is long gone, working as my win condition with Heracross. HP Ice felt like better option to run over Grass because Gligar and Flygon are much more annoying than the grass weak ground types. Extrasensory is mainly filler but I use it every now and then to secure kills on Nidoking switch ins. All in all Strong offensive powerhouse.

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Outrage

I wanted something that can set up sweep because I find having such mon amazing for momentum gaining. I chose Kingdra because it can set up on most Bulky waters quite easily or at the very least dent them with Outrage when they Roar/Dragon Tail. I found Lum Berry to be superior to Leftovers because it lets me go more crazy with Outrage and we all know +1 Outrage is insanely strong move. Most Steel types decide to die early against Weavile, making this even easier. If only Slowbro would get the hint and die, this mon would make me very happy. Also the Swift Swim utility, while rarely used, is nice to have.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

I found My sweepers Missing many important OHKOs (Namely Heracross on Chandelure) so I wanted Stealth Rocks. I went for Aerodactyl over the more common variants because my team was awfully weak to Nidoking's Earth Power and most Earthquakes (I used to run Arcanine on this slot). I have been considering Roost over Taunt because I already have 2 other taunters but haven't gone trough with it because of all the Gligars trying to set up SR on Aerodactyl. Offensively it was positive surprise, taking on things like Darmatitan and Crobat with relative Success and being overall great with Stone Edge. All in all Ground Immunity and few key resistances have won my hearth.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade

Spin blocker and all around useful stallbot. It seems to do nasty things to many otherwise problematic mons. Also the fact that it absolutely wrecks most teams after they lose their check is just marvelous. Also Fighting Immunity is something I would not miss on happily, as it rounds up my Immunity checklist nicely. Little bulk provided by this annoyance to my team is much wanted too.

The biggest issue with the team is that if my predicting fails the teams quickly falls apart. General frailness is something I am not oo happy with either.

Took replays of few games to show how the teams rolls:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu6973907
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu6974410
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu6975241
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu6975488
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu6975762
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu6976225

This is a decent team, however I suggest you change Pursuit on Weavile to Ice Shard so that you have guaranteed priority besides first-turn Fake Out. Also, why 30 Atk and Def IVs on Heracross? Any specific reason? Other than that I suggest changing Aerodactyl to Focus Sash as Aerodactyl's item so you are guaranteed to get up Rocks when you lead with it.

I might try Sash on Aero but I am highly questioning need of it on something this fast, especially when majority of time it is not leading.

I tried Ice Shard over Fake Out but found the damage not stellar enough and most things. Things I want Weavile to kill are either counter food or slow enough to be outspeeded anyway.

Just something to think about, but I find it odd that you have 5 fragile sweepers, then a Sableye. Your first 5 thrive off offensive momentum, and then Sableye comes in and stops that completely. I don't know though, this may work for you.

I just felt having full team of frail sweepers would end up causing issues against stall and some walls. The fact that burn halfs physical damage also helps to combat the issues of frailness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)