Your Favorite Theme Music (Any Pokemon game)

Snowbelle City:

Which may be my favorite
How on Earth did I forget Snowbelle? I wish I had more reasons to go there.

Also, on an incredibly related note, I feel the need to bring up one of my favorite Key Items of all time: the GB Sounds. Once I had obtained it, I had it on all the time and I played the hell out of SoulSilver in the year between its release and the release of Black and White. I miss it. It was just so cool to hear all these themes in their 8-bit glory.

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
Every time I hear Snowbelle City, I get frustrated because it needs to be longer and have a less repetitive ending >.< Actually the length issue applies to practically every overworld theme in XY, lol.

Also how did I forget about the Boutique music? That's another great theme that would've been amazing if it were longer... although it's pretty catchy as is, so I don't really mind.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Hey has anyone said the clothes shop instead of me ..?? http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=L0tvoZkHzG0
I think I've spent more time in the clothes shop than actually looking for Pokemon in the game. Something about this theme just screams out "style".

Also, gonna have to go with Lake of Rage and it's theme-sharing routes as my favorite theme. I received Silver when I first came to the United States and that theme has been in my mind ever since. It's so adventurous and it never sounds out of date to me.

I think I've spent more time in the clothes shop than actually looking for Pokemon in the game. Something about this theme just screams out "style".

Also, gonna have to go with Lake of Rage and it's theme-sharing routes as my favorite theme. I received Silver when I first came to the United States and that theme has been in my mind ever since. It's so adventurous and it never sounds out of date to me.
Lol I agree so much . It does scream style.But I haven't heard lake of rage.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo guys, I'm back with part 2. I decided to go back and listen through a lot of the XY soundtrack so this is gonna include my favorite themes from XY and also from spin-offs.

People already mentioned the Boutique theme and listening to it, I have to say I agree completely. I especially like the beginning, it's reminiscent of a cheesy 90's pop love song.

The Legendary Theme I did not even realize was the legendary theme, I thought of it as the Wi-Fi battle theme... I hear it all the time during Wi-Fi battles so it really gets on my nerves now, but just listening to it by itself I can appreciate it.

Of course speaking of Wi-Fi battles, the Battle Spot Menu Theme is pretty good too. As many have pointed out, it sounds like it could be the menu theme for a Super Smash Bros. game. It sufficiently brings excitement and anticipation to your upcoming battle.

I also like Coumarine City, it has a pretty relaxing theme and of course I love anything with saxophone in it. =_= The piano is good too!

Snowbelle City has a really good and interesting theme. It almost sounds like a mix of Joe Hisaishi's compositions in the Ghibli film soundtracks. Very mysterious.

Rival/Friend Battle Theme is another one that is very annoying to listen to while battling but is good on its own. My favorite part is the part with the Xylophone. You know the one.

Bicycle Theme fuk this theme seriously, it is the ultimate example of a track that is good but you hate listening to it just because you ride your bike everywhere so you have to hear it over and over. And if you're in a city with good music and you wanna listen to that music and you want to use your bike to get to places quickly, TOO BAD you have to listen to the bike theme! I think the reason Lumiose doesn't get superseded by the bike theme is because everyone knows there is no way anyone would ever walk in Lumiose and they didn't want no one to listen to the Lumiose theme ever. On another note, the electric guitar in this track is the best part.

Champion Theme is really good too, it's just too bad the champion battle itself does not quite live up to the excitement of the theme.

Moving on to spin-offs:

Normal Duel is one of the greatest tracks of the GBA era. This theme is the counterpart to trainer battles or wild Pokemon battles in the main games. The cool thing about that is that while the battle themes of the main games are very hectic and exciting, this track is kind of aware that you're not in any real danger or in any tense situation, you're just playing a card game. It's far less hectic and more fun.

Pokemon Square from the first mystery dungeon is also really great. It's a good adventure theme that also captures the innocence of the little children Pokemon (they are definitely children in this game, don't deny). It's very optimistic and upbeat, etc.

Sky Tower is that theme that pretty much everyone remembers from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Rightfully so, as it's an awesome track. It's the perfect theme for a final adventure to end the main story arc after the team has come such a long way.

Pokemon Bank has a pretty fun theme to it too. There's not really much to say about it except that's it cool ambient sound for using Pokemon Bank.

And finally, it looks like nobody has put the Pokemon Battle Trozei soundtrack on YouTube yet, so I don't have a link for this one, but the music of the first level of Battle Trozei is pretty good, I love the Harmonica!

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
I didn't touch on much XY music in my original post, so I guess I'll piggyback off Hulavuta and share what I liked about the soundtrack.

The two overworld themes that I really enjoyed were the Kalos Power Plant and Anistar City. The former is just really catchy and has a nice beat, and despite not sounding very fast, it has an urgent mood - a lot like the N's Castle Bridge / Accepting the Mission theme from Black and White that everyone forgot about as soon as they entered N's Castle. (Actually they're both by Shota Kageyama... probably not a coincidence.) I also think the Kalos Power Plant theme would work pretty well in an icy fortress level of sorts, although there's no such thing in XY :(

Anistar City, on the other hand, is very reflective and melancholy, which fits the sort of things that happen in the city - a psychic girl tells what your Pokemon think of you (good or bad), Team Flare announces their plan to nuke France, one of your Pokemon befriends an old guy who dies... What really makes the track awesome is how practically every instrument is related to timekeeping: the melody is played on bells, some kind of broken cuckoo clock provides accompaniment, ticks and tocks set the rhythm, and if you listen carefully you'll hear that the bass drum is actually a heartbeat. Creepy.

Other overworld themes I liked were Coumarine City, Geosenge Town, Victory Road, and the Pokemon League. Hulavuta basically said all there is to say about Coumarine, so I'll just move on to Geosenge Town. It kinda sounds like a cross between Eterna Forest and Lacunosa Town, cozy and relaxing but with a hint of mystery around it. Given what's underneath the stones in Geosenge, I think this theme fits the town perfectly. The Victory Road theme has a rather standard ominous melody, but it's in an unusual time signature of 7/4, which makes the rhythm sound uneven, almost like you're limping your way up the mountain. Finally, the Pokemon League theme is probably the best League theme so far. It sounds majestic, but also gives off the sense that you've reached the end of the road - which is completely appropriate, because XY has no postgame :P

As for XY's battle themes, I still think they're a step down from the likes of BW and BW2, but there's still some gems, like the trainer theme, which convinced me that XY's electric guitar is the only thing that could successfully substitute for RSE's trumpets. The best one in my opinion is the Elite Four theme, which like BW's Elite Four theme has a catchy bass ostinato, but interestingly doesn't have much of a melody. I guess what makes it great is the way it slowly builds up to a climax.

I don't know why I love this song so much maybe it's because I loved making peeko chase mr briney or something but this something always just gives me goosebumps because of the playfulness in it. The piano just really adds some bounce to the song which makes it a masterpiece.

Im not surprised no one has mentioned this, as it is kinda obscure, but it is absolutely one of my favorite themes. I guess I am just a sucker for Hoenn music, as it was the gen I played as a kid.

Absolutely nobody knows about this theme, but it is just is so memorable to me, even though I never got the event as a kid. The music was actually shown to me by a friend, and it was just great.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
My favorite themes are the Team Magma/Aqua Leader battle theme from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and the Route 126/127 (or is it 127/128?) theme from DPPt, which are the routes leading up to Snowpoint. The latter is probably as generic an answer as it gets but that's not my fault they're such great themes lol

My favorite themes are the Team Magma/Aqua Leader battle theme from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and the Route 126/127 (or is it 127/128?) theme from DPPt, which are the routes leading up to Snowpoint. The latter is probably as generic an answer as it gets but that's not my fault they're such great themes lol
You're thinking Route 216/217 and Acuity Lakefront. The theme certainly makes going through those blasted routes a bit more bearable. (stupid howling blizzard and snow traps making you walk a frozen snail's pace...)

Primal Dialga, Archie and Maxie, and RSE Champion. Actually most villain bosses themes are cool to me. Links later.

Primal Dialga:

Archie/Maxie:

Steven/Wallace:

All villain themes:

Last edited:
R/B/Y - Gym leader,Pokemon tower
G/S/C - Burned tower(overall favorite, I guess), National park, Goldenrod city, Rival battle, gym leader battles etc these games' music is great
R/S/E - Abandoned ship, Shoal cave, Aqua/Magma admin battle, Regi battles, Gym/elilte 4/champion battles
D/P/P - Floaroma town, Cynthia battle
B/W - Celestial tower, Elite 4 battle, Relic Castle, Abyssal Ruins

Haven't played X/Y yet..

Last edited:
I've discovered a track I didn't remember from my playthroughs of Black and Black 2: "An Unwavering Heart". The only place I definitely know it plays in those games is in Nimbasa City after you beat Team Plasma in Black 2 and White 2 and Hugh mentions how Team Plasma stole his sister's Purloin. I really regret that I didn't notice it before cause it is a really beautiful piece of music. It's tracks like this (such as "Here With You" from the Future Diary soundtrack) that really gets to me.
It makes a reappearance in X and Y. Just south of the Pokémon Center in Coumarine City, there are two houses. Go to the one of the right. Talk to one of the NPCs and he will ask you if you want to hear a song. Say yes and the music will start playing.

Best Gym music: Sinnoh gym leader theme

Simply beautiful. You feel like this is going to be an intense battle with the dramatic entrance that goes from piano to fortissimo. The whole theme is dramatic and spontaneous so it makes the battle feel energetic. Its also very lighthearted and fun at the same time making it a very enjoyabe and addictive theme.

Elite four theme: Kanto

The BW2 remix is what really made this the top contender. The whole theme is a masterpiece. It starts dramatic and light hearted, then quickly evolves into a dramatic and fast paced battle that reels you in. You feel like you're in the game, next to your pokemon, experiencing the whole battle as you fight to advance on!

Antagonist theme: Colress

Its just so strange and interesting like colress himself. You feel like you're in colress' mind or some sort of cybernetic network, you hear the ups and downs of the tempo, like colress' ever.changing beliefs on why pokemon are here, and how to unleash their potential. You feel his changing heart in the music as well as the tempo slows as he realizes his mistakes, but then speeds up again as he starts to realize the real way pokemon unleash their potential

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)