1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Your most Memorable moment from Gold/Silver

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Olie, Feb 25, 2009.

1. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

It was Raikou :P
  2. Darkaxis

Darkaxis

CWell I was looking for Entei on the grass while i came up with a Rattata I needed Cut so I catched it with the master ball next patch of grass Entei........SHINY!
  3. Evil Fires

Evil Fires

what

what is this about
  4. Muk

Muk
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I had just started a second playthrough of Gold, and I found a shiny Pidgey before I was able to buy any Pokeballs.

:'(
  5. QuietQuilava156

QuietQuilava156

Mine was actually getting the starter, and finding a favorite pokemon, I thought Cyndiquil was epic cuz I loved fire types, And when it evolved for the first time I pretty much fell in love instantly. And Quilava has been my favorite pokemon since I was 6 :) And then after that was the first time I saw Lance and I was like, "Zomg, Dragons -Shrieks in Terror/Pleasure-"
  6. TaylorYah

TaylorYah

I was just starting a new pokemon silver for the sixth time with a friend when he told me he noticed a pidgey shining. I looked at it and it was shiny pidgey. DUDE, catch it. Luckily we had pokeballs and were heading back to Elm.
  7. Volmise

Volmise .:The Firefly Light:.
    is an Artist Alumnus

Spending a week straight training my Meganium to level 100 on Mt. Silver. I wasn't exactly the smartest kid and I didn't realize until way after the fact the Elite Four was faster plus gave money which I so desperately needed for Vitamins.

Another time was getting my very first Espeon during the bus ride to school in 4th grade. I hadn't yet known that Eevee would evolve into Espeon and Umbreon since I wasn't big into the internet back then. Named him Sunny and he forever sits on Stadium 2 at level 100 since I fear losing him to a dead internal battery.
  8. Pokemafia

Pokemafia

Getting my first haircut in the Goldenrod Underground :) Happy Times.
  9. Con Artist

Con Artist

catching red gyarados with a pokeball unstatused and full health :D
    i swear down, i never even took it out of my team
  10. Erzz

Erzz

When I first turned on the game and started playing. I was with my grandparent in a used clothing store, sitting under the bins, being amazed at the new starter pokemons (I had never seen them before, they were totally new, it was an awesome experience). Every new pokemon I saw was amazing. Silver was also the first pokemon game I actually beat.

Oh I also went to that area with geodudes near the start and fought them to level up all my pokemon up to 10. Took forever but I decided it was safest for some reason (I think they only used defense curl)
  11. Windows

Windows

catching red gyarados was so epic that i boxed him :D
  12. Mmm Pasta

Mmm Pasta

Making a shiny Meowth faint because I did not realize it was shiny. Also, finding out I could go to Kanto.
  13. Eranu

Eranu

Catching a roaming Raikou in the first ultra ball on the first encounter with full health :D.
    Also catching a shiny Spinarak though it sucks, shiny or not.
  14. ropihl

ropihl

On my Gold, when I was probably 11 years old, I encountered my first and only Shiny Pokemon. It was a Flaffy. And I didn't have any Pokeballs.. This experience was so traumatic that I remember it to this day, haha.
  15. PardonMyHarden

PardonMyHarden

Finding a shiny electrode in the Mahogany Power Plant and thinking it was just part of the storyline.
  16. Xaneda

Xaneda

getting a shiny cyndaquil without even knowing what a shiny was
  17. HellFireVio94

HellFireVio94

Finding Suicune in the start of the game. Still don't know why or how I did, and no, I didn't catch him -_-'
  18. Ninja can

Ninja can

Seeing two regions and not knowing anything about kanto, thinking I could go to Jhoto in R/B/Y
  19. Shiki1335

Shiki1335

Critiing my sisters Ho-ho with my level 100 pupitar with rock slide makin her do the dishes for 2 weeks. (a bet.)
  20. JohnWesleyX

JohnWesleyX

Going to the elite four. I could never beat them because I sucked when I was 8, But I had Granbull like level 60 something. With Dynamic Punch that got me all the way to Bruno who would always beat me. This made get a Granbull in Heartgold and try to solo everyone with it. Good Freaking Times..
  21. Super Saiyan

Super Saiyan

I thought it was amazing when I first arrived in Vermilion City. I was ready to explore and see what changed around Kanto. It was awesome.
  22. Keiran

Keiran

Sweepin' Lance with Lanturn's Thunder son'!

Loved Lanturn ever since.
  23. Kycap

Kycap

Battling Red at the top of Mt. Silver and learning that his Pikachu STILL didn't evolve. xD
  24. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

Uh...bullshit...and you would never need cut so much that you wasted a Master Ball on Rattata...in fact, you would not be able to get through the game to where you have the opportunity to meet Entei without a Pokemon with Cut...

Mine was most likely realizing I had another set of gyms to play. That made me so happy.
  25. alphatron

alphatron Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!

^I don't know. When I first played Red/Blue, I wasted my Master ball on a psyduck. I didn't know Mewtwo even existed, and I didn't think the master ball was a one time only thing.

My most memorable moment from Gold was when I fought against Red with a level 69 typhlosion and a bunch of other really weak pokemon.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)