Your most Memorable moment from Gold/Silver

Freaking out at Red's Pokemon.
Going to Kanto.
Lance shooting the bad guy.

I took out my old Gold version and named my rival: Asshole.
That way, every time I'd battle him, it would be like:

ASSHOLE challenged you!

But the battery died a short while after that. :(

Being a little kid (5 - 6), I didn't know how to read or know numbers over 50. Bruno beat me so I trained under Blackthorn City under both my NidoKing and Dewgong were 100. I pretty much swept the Elite 4 clean after. I started replaying recently and found a shiny Ekans too.

Finding out I can get 16 badges was so cool to me. Also, since the shiny Gyarados was the first shiny I ever found, I thought it was some kind of amazing "special" Gyarados.

for me it's going to kanto (probably the highlight of GSC for me), getting killed by Red on the first try, the original music, and the magnet train (I used to ride back and forth on that thing)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The first time I played pokemon Gold, it was in Japanese . . . and I had no idea what the fuck they were saying at the time! "I think I remember this little squiggly line is that spinning flame thing!"

Anyway, probably my most memorable moment was getting Roll-Out'd to death by Miltank. Lol, it's just a stupid lil' rock that does like no damage . . . wait, wtf?? Also, not knowing how attract worked and watching "Holy shit! It know recover!! wait, what's that milk bottle??" was good times . . .

Probably the most frustrating thing was when I actually won, I was like, "wait, why ain't this bitch givin' me my badge?? And why is that other chick stopping me from leaving?? WTF is going on???"

Enough button mashing eventually solved the problem. lol

Playing through Heart Gold was really nostalgic. Once again, I played through it in Japanese-- though this time I'm almost perfectly fluent in Japanese.

. . . wow, all that once mysterious, unsolvable blocks of text, turned out to be pretty stupidly-simple dialogue (as expected of a children's video game).

しょうもない話やで。シャーナイことはシャーナイやけど、ほんな簡単なもんがせーやってえらいこっちゃになんのって、自分でもがっかりすんねん。

setting a new game everytime because i thought "this game is new so i will click that instead of continue" and then wondering why i always started in the same place and had to go through the same crap again.

Beating the game with only Typhlosion ( had a couple pokes with HM's. The next highest level was a lvl 43 Sudowoodo lol )... it had to be at least lvl 90 by the time I got to Red... I had no clue I'd be battling him.

Ah, the games GSC... in my opinion the greatest Gen ever...

But aside from that, my favorite memory from GSC was finding out you could go to Kanto. Seriously, I remember going to Olivine before beating the E4 and getting turned away. After I beat the E4, I never realized they wouldn't turn me away again. So I just kept beating the E4 over, and over, and OVER! Until my Typhlosion was level 100. Then beat it about 10 more times. Finally, I got the courage to stand up to "the evil man at the port" and talked to him. I was like "Really!? I can actually go to KANTO!?" I threw down my GBA and danced around the room (I was young). Finally, I picked it back up and appeared in Vermillion. And with my lvl100 Typhlosion, I swept through all of the Gyms. Beat the E4 even more because I didn't know Mt. Silver existed. Then one day, as I walked up to Victory Road, I noticed (for the first time) that there was a passage to my left. So I walked down it. Found a cave, went through it, can to a wide open space with only one path to go to, saw some dude, talked to him, and a battle began. 1HKO'ed every pokemon Red had with my Ty's Flamethrower.

And that's when I realized I had trained him waaaaay too much. Then I saw a Larvitar. And never loved another game as much as I did that day.

Hard to say. It would have to be the first time I discovered the importance of having all your Pokemon at or around the same level, my obsession with Ampharos and its Thunder Punch, or my bro and me catching Lugia at near full health and no status with a Great Ball by tapping 'B'. =p

My Experiences.

I have some memorable moments:

• Being afraid to go outside in the game at night because of the PokeGear calls (anything unexpected scared me back then).
  • Beating the Elite 4 for the first time (Never finished my Blue game)
  • Releasing my Typhlosion the morning after having a nightmare (I eventually deleted my game because of that reason alone)
  • Never went to Kanto (Was young, never knew what to do back then AND because I released my strongest poke a.k.a my starter which made me delete the game so I could never try Kanto).

My Silver game even still works after all these years. Possible comeback? Maybe. :x

Playing Blue (my first pokemon game) seems so long ago. But still some memories have not faded.
I was around 10 at that time and I didn't know english at all.
I passed the cave which leads to the ghost town after winning the electric gym without the use of TM Flash! (excuse me for not naming, but I don't remember the name of the cave. That town was Lavender I think)
By the way, I had a Charizard already while travelling in the cave!
Back then, I only trained two pokemon, my starter, Charmander, which became lvl81 for my first hall of fame and a pikachu because of the anime.
Another amusing thing that I know remember is when I found the place were Zapdos was located. This happened after I won the pokemon league and it was in the area around that cave again!
Personally, I did not know that the legendary birds could have been found in Blue and I got it randomly.
By luck, I would say..

Edit: Sorry for posting it in a wrong thread. My eyes stopped after reading most memorable moments..

For Gold, I remember when I first encountered raikou. I was chasing him for a month!
I also had a shiny experience. While surfing I found a shiny tentacool..

For me, it has to be catching Suicune in a Great Ball. I held down the A button so hard (I thought it would help, and it apparently did) that you could see the outline of it on my thumb for about a day.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Getting Feraligatr to level 100
Catching Lugia in an Ultra Ball
Catching the legendary beasts using my kickass Mean Look/Hypnosis/Night Shade/Dream Eater Haunter
Using Metronome with Togetic just to see random moves and going 'WTF?'
Getting stuck in the sliding ice puzzles in Icy Path
Mt Silver

catching ho-oh after hours of random teleporting (i felt i was in the rocket's hideout again)
Using umbreon to catch all my legendaries
beating the elite four with a level 40-45 ish team
trying to beat Whitney 6 times
looking for days the key in misty's gym

all this for my little sister to erase my game with all the legends

My brother got hopelessly lost in Dark Cave in the middle of the game without Flash. He spent literally two days trying to walk around in the dark to get out.

Then, I shared my newfound wisdom of the move Struggle. I told him all he had to do was waste all the PP of all his moves on wild pokemon and use Struggle recoil damage to kill off all his
pokemon and white out, then he would be out of the cave!

(please note that in GS, recoil is based on how much actual damage you do, unlike how it works now, so struggling to death really does take a long time!)

after my brother painstakenly killed off three of his pokemon, he found the exit by pure luck. He never listened to my advice after that

I dont personally have any funny memorable moments like this but after killing all of Red's pokemon by toxic + stall with revives (I thought I was so clever) it was down to his snorlax, and I was going to win!

Snorlax used Rest and I think I cried

>> When i beat the Elite 4 for the first time with Dunsparce!! I caught it in the dark cave, and i didnt know it sucked XD so i trained it to like level 55 and it was my best.

>> When Lance's Dragonite uses Hyper Beam on the Team Rocket guy! Lance was my hero!

>> I didn't know all the Pokemons when i first completed the game, and I nearly had a heart attack when Pupitar evolved. Ttar was like the messiah to me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)