Your Voice

I talk like a Valley Girl (I'm a guy, by the way). I heard my voice on the answering machine one day and was horrified.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hate my voice, really. It's really deep, it actually started to break when I was about 12! But as well as being deep, it also has a weird sound :/ like a robot or something lol. Kind of an echo in a metal room, it's really strange and I'm often hard to understand, but I think that's more due to me mumbling a lot. No one ever seems to say anything though.

My singing voice is alright though, well, everyone seems to like it anyway..

Have a listen?

http://www.4shared.com/file/23072483/6cc7f860/High_Time_for_a_Hero_-_Supernova.html

Just click "Download File" on the page.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Whenevr I hear myself recorded, I always think I sound like I am about to burst into tears.

Also my brother tells me I have the worst singing voice in the world, but imo I am pretty awesome.. Though, to be fair, his experience of my singing is mostly while I am driving, and in that situation, you have to intentionally sing poorly, otherwise what is the point?

Have a nice day.

i like the way my voice sounds, but when i hear it in a recording i think, "Is that really me talking???"

sometimes, though very rarely, a "new-england" type accent will poke out... it doesn't happen often but when it does i laugh at myself.

My voice's pitch changes, depending on who the last person I've talked to is. If it's a woman or a young child, it gets high and sometimes squeaky, and when it's a man, it becomes as deep as theirs.

Also, no one but my fiancée can understand what I say, because apparently I mumble.

My voice's pitch changes, depending on who the last person I've talked to is. If it's a woman or a young child, it gets high and sometimes squeaky, and when it's a man, it becomes as deep as theirs.

Also, no one but my fiancée can understand what I say, because apparently I mumble.
interestingly enough, same here.

So is it true that your voice will be higher if you get your tonsils removed?
I don't think tonsils play any part in the sound of your voice.

It's always the same story with someone's voice. Your own voice always sounds like a dying cat to you, bu rarely is it ever as bad as you really think.

I apparently have a deep voice that's very unique. I once tried to trick my Chemistry teacher in high school, and she said, "Richard, your voice is unmistakable."

Hmm, I have found out while trying to talk with New People at my school that my voice is also a lot quieter than it sounds to me. Speak up, lad, really...

I am beginning to think that my voice isn't the most attractive out there. But at least it has changed, which is enough for me.

when I talk personally my voice is pretty deep and I like it. But on the telephone I sound like a girl it's embarrassing........

When I hear my voice when I'm speaking it sounds fine, but when I hear it from a recording, etc... ugh, it sounds weird. I dunno, I don't really like hearing my own voice from recordings.

I can't sing good at all, but I wish I could and have always thought of taking singing lessons...

I'm always talking and I'm always loud, so I've come to the conclusion that I love to hear myself speak, so I must love my voice.:heart:

If I could keep my nose out of it I would be ok. I sing backup for a pair of bands, but I also play the Drums while I do that, so it is extremely hard to multi task. Let me ask; Has anyone ever seen a Lead Singer/Drummer??

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
If I could keep my nose out of it I would be ok. I sing backup for a pair of bands, but I also play the Drums while I do that, so it is extremely hard to multi task. Let me ask; Has anyone ever seen a Lead Singer/Drummer??
Phil Collins?

My voice is kind of monotone, which sucks because people tend to take me seriously. I have to be extremely over the top if I want to be outrageous, or otherwise people will take what I say at face value. It makes me a decent straight man, though.

I'm a tenor, and a really good one. Only karaoke for me. If anyone's curious about it I'll try something for them @_@

Favorite artist to imitate: Jason Mraz...

I dont mind my high speaking voice as much as I used to since it has thankfully grown deeper, however I absolutely hate the fact that I cant sing. I envy that gift so much.

Also this probably isn't a voice related thing but I'll add it anyway. Around my friends I tend too speak to loudly, and around people I don't know that well I speak too quietly and mumble without meaning to.

I have a fairly deep voice. Kind of a bitch when you're trying to sound feminine.

Also, yeah, my voice sounds really weird when recorded. Like, when you see three random white male teenagers vandalizing something, and you tell them to cut it out, and two of them shrink away but the third one starts arguing with you and that jackass-y voice? Yeah, it sounds like that. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)