Yugioh! TCG Thread

If you hadn't noticed... I haven't replied to this topic for a while. I was talking about lightlords, the fairy cards... everything. Not just those three specific cards >_> So yes, I am serious.

If you hadn't noticed... I haven't replied to this topic for a while. I was talking about lightlords, the fairy cards... everything. Not just those three specific cards >_> So yes, I am serious.
Lightlords will be fun to mess around with *coughjudgementdragoncough*

sorry, the "are you serious" was an initial reaction and I didn't change it
though I didn't mean it, I originally thought you were responding to me
but I figured it out later in the post but kept that there

so sorry

but yeah.
summon limiter has some sideboard potential, with it's ability to -I BELIEVE- shut down disc commander, ojama trio, cyber valley, old vindi (casually) and others. but since it's a continuous spell, it's easily dusted before the people activate the cards.

Judgement Dragon is going to get the shaft when it comes time to limit and ban cards from LoD. It's pretty ridiculous. I highly recommend the card BIG BURN to anyone who plans on going to the next regionals, because removing your opponent's graveyard from play really dumps on every theme but macro-monarch and some other ones.

+ monster reborn or premature burial

and it's killer.

probably the second best reason to make a gladiator beast deck, minus the biggun that drops cards to negate shizz.

Anyone have any decent guesses for the price on a standard Lightlord build?

Plans got in the way of me going to sneak preview. I was going to make Batteryman turbo with Guardian of Order...

Im just looking for the new Gladiator Beast fusion.. everything else would just be trade bait.

we dont know the cost yet but I'd expect it to be almost the price of a DAD build.

MKDS, here is the deck I was talking about in Pm.

Monsters: 15
[3] Grandmaster of the Six Samurai
[3] Great Shogun Shien
[3] The Six Samurai- Zanji
[1] The Six Samurai- Nisashi
[1] The Six Samurai- Irou
[2] The Six Samurai- Yaichi
[2] Spirit of the Six Samurai

Spells: 16
[3] Six Samurai United
[3] Reasoning
[2] Cunning of the Six Samurai
[2] Reinforcement of the Army
[1] Premature Burial
[1] Monster Reborn
[1] Mystical Space Typhoon
[1] Heavy Storm
[1] United we Stand
[1] Enemy Controller

Traps: 9
[3] Reckless Greed
[3] Solemn Judgement
[2] Dark Bribe
[1] Mirror Force

Extremely fast and deadly build. Reckless Greed is scary when pushing for game, as is United We Stand to scare off Kinetics and make Nisashi a ridiculous powerhouse. Cunning is in there to combo with Six Samurai United and let Nisashi do more damage during the OTK.

So, has anyone been to a Sneak Preview. I know I have (After being surprised we had them down here). I got a Gyzarus and a Ultimate Rare Phantom Dragon.

Ah, Yugioh. The game I spent a lot of money on. Honestly, the game was fucking fun, but too expensive. I got back into the scene because of the DS game. Started to look at 'progioh' on metagame and such. It seems fun as hell. Doubt I'll ever get back into the real game because of how expensive it is, and costing much more than it did back then. Guess I'll have to wait for World Championship 09 when DAD and stuff will probably be banned.

I so want to make a DAD return, Lightlord, and most importantly, a GB deck which I found soooooooo fun in 08 even though it was missing Test Tiger, Darius, etc.

Buy Batterymen. Even in a version with Valleys it won't go higher than 80 for the entire deck.
Thanks for the suggestion Slice n Dice, but I doubt I'll ever get into the card game again. Nobody around me plays the TCG anymore, and when we did I only went to 2-3 locals, and I was noob. I was playing normal beatdown with toonworld shit in it just because I had it. The other two I was running warrior toolbox with like 1 maurading, and lacking most of the staple cards. After, I started to get lucky in packs, pulled Jinzo, Yata, Ring, Clyinder, Don, but I spent about a few hundred trying to get them.

Those were the good old days. I still like this game, but now that I'm older and have spent hundreds of dollars on Pokemon, and Yugioh, I can't justify spending even $80 for what I now see as pieces of cardboard =( Can't believe I said that. I know it is a hobby, and spending money on something someone loves is justifiable, but I really don't have the passion anymore.

And regarding my pulls, I stopped at IOC (meaning I didn't buy any of these packs). Now there's sooooo many secret rares (and ghost rares?). Are they harder to pull now? Because when I played I pulled like a Secret in almost every pack (ie, Pharaoh's servant, LON, etc).

Well, like I said, I won't be getting into the physical card game ever again, but I'll 'buy' every YGO game that comes out for DS and follow the scene through Metagame and Pojo. Sorry for rambling.........lol :nerd:

I went to the Sneak and it was pretty awesome..

I pulled these from my packs:

1x Honest (Ghost Rare)
1x Destiny Hero Fusion (Ultra)
1x Ancient Gear Fusion (Ultra)
1x Angel O7 (Secret)
1x Helios (Super)
1x Lightlord Gaaros (Super)

I ended up trading the Promo and Gaaros for 2 Gyzarus in two separate trades. Traded Helios for a Future Fusion Ultimate.. wanted to get rid of it and thats the only thing the kid had.

then we found out there was barely enough room for the constructed tournament which had 30 people in it so we signed up for that. I went around looking for a friend that had 3 Gyzarus already (didnt do the trades yet, they were in between rounds) and he let me borrow them for the tournament. I franticly made the deck list and got some UDE numbers to fill out the stupid little sheet they give us then pairings are up..

Round 1 - Gladiator Beast vs E-Hero Beasts (Baboon, Rescue Cats, Rat, Mystical Sheep?)

Game 1 I have control over the game but no Heraklinos on the field. I have 2 Solemns on the field and he goes to Miracle twice and I Solemn both, then he flips over his third and brings out Viceman and tramples my little Murmillo for game.

Game 2 I get out Gyzarus fast because of Prisma and then lock up game with Heraklinos.

Game 3 I probably shouldnt of won this game looking back on it as I didn't know the full ruling on Heraklinos but he goes Miracle Fusion to get Necroid Shayman and targets my Heraklinos and he says he screwed up because Hera was the only monster in my grave. I dont think I could of resummoned Hera but the judge said I could and I end up attacking over Necro and some other hijinks with Gyzarus for game later.

Round 2 Gladiator Beasts vs DAD Return

Game 1 Tough game but I have to explain every card to him so it got annoying as hell. He is on major tilt after he draws about a quarter of his deck and he has 3 Darks in the grave so I flip Mind Crush and call DAD and one pops out. He almost gets back in the game with Zerato later but MBaaS stops his strat.

Game 2 Similar as before except I play Shadow Mirror at the right time and lock him down.

Round 3 Gladiator Beast vs Zombies

Game 1 He doesn't draw any Zombies, Gyzarus messes him up. But he tops Snipe and kills my Hera.. but like I said he didnt draw any monsters so I quickly built field presence and he couldn't get anything going.

Game 2 Same as before but I do some weird play by using Cold Wave to stop my own SIM and summoning Gyzarus with then locking up with Hera.

Round 4 Gladiator Beast vs DMoC OTK

Game 1 - He FTKs me, nothing I could have done.

Game 2 - I side in LIM and Shadow.. I draw both and I win.

Game 3 - great game imo. He ends up having one card left in his deck and ends up winning with a swing of DMoC, Ohmn, and something else I forget, then blows up the field to seal the deal. Crow stopped him from getting back D-Fusion for game but other than I was still screwed.

I've been thinking of building a Batteryman deck...with all the new support just released, it should be pretty fun.

I downloaded that as well, but it doesn't seem up to date. It doesn't even have D-heroes, unless v086 isn't the latest one.
The latest YVD doesn't have the most updated set file for cards; you have to get that from scrollrack.com.

Also, the new rarities represent cards that are inaccessible to the general population, to the point that the metagame at locals, where most duelists lack access to money can be dramatically different from the metagame at Shonen's, where duelists with high commitments to the game play.

I figure I might as well ask here because I'll probably get flamed if I post this on an actual yugioh board. I'm just getting into the game, and I've been messing around with cards of mine and a few friends. I was originally using a straight Macro deck, but I wanted mine to be different, even if just a little bit. So here we go:

Dark Macro (or something)

tribute monsters: 3
Caius the Shadow Monarch x2
Darknight Parshath x1

monsters: 16
D.D. survivor x3
D.D. assailant x2
D.D. warrior lady x1
Banisher of the Radiance x2
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer x2
Pitch-Black Warwolf x2
Zombyra the Dark x2
Giant Orc x1
Snipe Hunter x1

Spell:12
Mystic Plasma Zone x3
Dimensional Fissure x2
D.D.R x2
Lightning Vortex x2
Brain Control x1
Big Bang Shot x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1

Trap: 9
Macro Cosmos x2
Return From the Different Dimension x3
Sakuretsu Armor x2
Torrential Tribute x1
Dust Tornado x1

total: 40 cards

problems I see:
lots of dark monsters in the game, plasma zone can be used against me
top-decking screws me
too many traps?

Rate/Fix please, but keep in mind that I'm trying to keep this cheap. thanks in advance

I see no late-game in your deck.

Most decks right now have a ton of pressure or fast win conditions.
Your deck has good pressure but the late-game could be better.

If you could get your hands on allure of darkness, it would really help you out. Solemn would let you keep up the pressure and protect you in a pinch. Escape from the Dark Dimension would be useful too. Jinzo would make the late-game better, when you play RftDD.

Also, have you considered magical merchant?
Check it out, it's kind of weird but it has that OTK kind of feel that no one is capitalizing right now, due to speed of the metagame. (OTKs are everywhere, tons of matches end by turn 5)

You only have too many traps if your friend play Jinzos and Decrees.
If you can, drop a Mystic Plasma Zone for a Terraforming.

These are just cosmetic suggestions; I'm cautious about changing your deck because it looks like you don't have many resources outside of the two monarch structures.

I see no late-game in your deck.

Most decks right now have a ton of pressure or fast win conditions.
Your deck has good pressure but the late-game could be better.

Ugh, yeah I know. RftDD basically is my late game. I run Gren Maju (awesome card in my newbie opinion) sometimes, but getting him too early is terrible. At one point I ran spell chronicle with him to have more killing power, but you can probably tell how that worked out.

If you could get your hands on allure of darkness, it would really help you out. Solemn would let you keep up the pressure and protect you in a pinch. Escape from the Dark Dimension would be useful too. Jinzo would make the late-game better, when you play RftDD.

Escape from the Dark Dimension is probably the most realistic card there (allure and jinzo are both too expensive, idk about solemn). Problem is, I have no idea where to find it. Pitch-black Warwolf is the closest I have to jinzo, and he's been working out pretty good

Also, have you considered magical merchant?
Check it out, it's kind of weird but it has that OTK kind of feel that no one is capitalizing right now, due to speed of the metagame. (OTKs are everywhere, tons of matches end by turn 5)

Now there's a card I actually have (2 of). I'm probably off here, but what major benefit is he? I thought removing a flip effect monster from play bypassed the effect (although I may just be thinking of sangan, and he's not even a flip). I can see this working if I can actually flip him, macro dumps said monsters out of play and I activate return.
Also, what would I drop for them?
You only have too many traps if your friend play Jinzos and Decrees.

Fortunately my friends are cheap

If you can, drop a Mystic Plasma Zone for a Terraforming.

I can do this, but why? Simply cutting one card out?

These are just cosmetic suggestions; I'm cautious about changing your deck because it looks like you don't have many resources outside of the two monarch structures.

Haha, you're correct for the most part. Go ahead and make suggestions though, my friends might have one lying around (allure just isn't happening though, sadly)
Thanks a bunch, both of you. I'll see what I can do about your suggestions

Okay, magical merchant would be fun to try out, at least once, you'll see why.

What you'd want to do is take out a lot of spell/trap cards and leave things like dimension fusion and the rftdd in the deck, so that magical merchant pulls tons and tons of monsters into the remove from play zone, until you get the spell or trap card you want. Hopefully RftDD, then you return them back and punchinatify your opponent. I mean it's semi-limited in power but kind of fun to play.

also, tbh batterymen are wicked fun to play and batteryman RFG is probably going to be pretty tight when it starts being developed. (can you say dimension fusion into 15000 damage?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)