Zombie Apocalypse! (Now with Bad Posters!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 3

I tried to meet everyone I could in the tech center in the few hours before darkness fell, but there were so many in number and so little in organization that I know I missed a few.

There was one person, however, that no one else knew about but me.

I heard him knocking on the huge iron slabs that were the front doors of the center. It was early in the morning, and the sun had not yet risen. The night watchman had fallen asleep, using his Slakoth like a breathing pillow.

Raichu at my side, I cautiously opened the door. Zombies don't knock, but what could come out of the undead-ravaged unknown?

He called himself Aura Guardian. I recognized his face -- I had seen him in the past in the Smogon Pokemon Club. Raichu showed no signs of distrust. She could smell the barest whiff of zombie.

I led him into the tech center. We sat together by the food supply and shared a bag of dried cherries.

"I don't know what to believe anymore," I said, "What could have caused all of this? Was it some new kind of Pokemon? A human disease, or a parasite? An act of Arceus?"

Suddenly, something rustled in the bag. I pulled it out to reveal...

It looked wrinkled and thin, but it was alive. I carefully drizzled some water on it, and smiled as that gave it some relief.

"At least these little guys found ways to survive..."

Raichu -- Female, Lv. 46 -- Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Slam, Thunder Wave
Joltik -- Female, Lv. 29 -- Electro Ball, Slash, Gastro Acid, Bug Bite
Cherubi -- ???, Lv. ??? -- ???, ???, ???, ???

I got 331.

Darnit, I wanted a fully evolved pokemon. I'm just going to hide behind Phiddlesticks or Mekkah (assuming neither of them are zombies already) as they have sandstorm summoners. Shame Cacnea can't Nasty Plot or Swords Dance my way to survival (Nasty Plot's an Egg Move and Swords Dance is a TM.) At least the Sand Veil evasion chance is still there. It would be the only chance I have. At least I didn't get something useless like Magikarp or Sunkurn.

All right, I'm retconning it so I started D0 so Rawbi and I can be synched with the days.

D4

I entered the well-defended house. A person calling herself Rawbi - I recognized her from the Smogon Pokemon Club - answered the door. We rested for the night in the building, then began D4

We traveled around the nearby forest searching for food and survivors. No survivors were present, but plenty of zombies. Fortunately, Rawbi's Raichu zapped them into oblivion. We found a cache of food and supplies - shotguns, pistols, and rifles, too. Plenty of gear to survive for a while.

We wandered around a lake in the forest, hoping to find any survivors, but no luck. Then the zombies attacked again under the shade of the trees. Whimsicott had a home field advantage and burned them to pieces with Sunny Day and Solar Beam. Lickilicky added in some help from Power Whip. I noticed among the zombies a frightened Bulasaur, too small for them to bother with and too injured to help with fighting today. If it could rest up, then it might help. Then we started back to the base.

My team:

Still here:
Whimsicott (M, lvl 46), found for D2 (Leech Seed, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Hurricane)
Lickilicky (F, lvl 57), evolved for D4 (Rollout, Refresh, Defense Curl, Power Whip)
Bulbasaur (M, lvl 37), found for D5 (Seed Bomb, Synthesis, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed)

Gone:
Chimecho, found for D0, exhausted and released D0 (Extrasensory, Take Down, Heal Pulse, Heal Bell)
Dusclops, found for D1, went back to the land of the dead D1 (Will-o-Wisp, Hex, Night Shade, Fire Punch)
Lickitung, found for D3, evolved D3 (Rollout, Refresh, Defense Curl, Power Whip)

~~~~~~~~~~

Rawbi, you get the return to the base, and if you want, the first half of D5.

Day 1:

Frillish. Crud-Water Spout. Luckily, I had a strange talisman...a Giratina spike. It was said to be capable of summoning one Pokemon of another realm to another.

I used my ancestral heirloom to summon...wait, what is that? It looks like a daddy-long-legs with a drill for a body and 8 hands instead of feet. I will call him Fidgit.

My, I'm lucky...there's a gun store nearby. My new companion easily swipes six machineguns with ammo from a hidden cache-and brings down a Politoed of bullets on the zombies that come at me. Frillish abuses his natural undead powers to resist the zombies to phase back to the shop to grab more ammunition. A good team-I've even managed to learn Fidgit's immune to the zombie virus! He can even suck it out with the gems on his hands if the target isn't zombified yet-freaking amazing!

I need food, though...even though Fidgit will protect me from zombification, my natural biology demands edible matter...that hasn't been zombified. I don't want to get indigestion when Fidgit finally runs out of bullets...

Let's see what I roll at midnight: 558.

Meh. At least I can eat the leaves.
Day 2:

Well, my living salad has been fairly good with the emergency stun spore. She's also been tastier than expected-and she seems to grow back surprisingly well with Ingrain. Frillish has launched a few more Water Spouts to help Fidgit conserve ammo. Petilil is slowly finding less tainted ground-a place where the zombies haven't been.

Let's hope I can get a flier and contact any other survivors.

Fidgit's starting to get low on ammo, and some of his guns have already run out. Frillish is still flooding the zombies, but I can only hope my nightmares of a watertight zombie prove false...

Midnight roll:

At least she's powerful, a total tank with Fidgit's withdrawal powers, and mutually benefits Frillish.

Still here:
Frillish
Fidgit
Petilil
Vaporeon

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've dug in for three days with Yanma and Trapinch, having eaten my Patrat (and damn, did it taste good...). However, I have begun to run out of food and water. Thus I must set forth.

Today, I am granted Pokemon #585.

Eat it or use it?

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Team up with me, I SO won't betray you (read about my Spinda), but really, I'm game for a Co-op survival...

Also, don't eat it. It looks like it could carry your weight, assuming you didn't deep fry your Patrat.

After owning the night with the mighty Darkrai and his endless Nightmare, I'm back again with my 2nd day..I got..#569

Stockpile 'em and swallow, your Stinkiness.

And then Explosion for the win.

Day 3

When I woke up this morning, I found a fire extinguisher next to one of the freezers in my ice cream truck. I put out whatever was left from the fire Typhlosion unleashed inside the Quanza hut so I could have somewhat of a safe house from the zombies.

I decided to leave the fire extinguisher in the hut, and walk to the next town and get some gas and some food, so I could continue forward in hopes of finding other survivors. I decided to leave Hydreigon at the safe house, in case any zombies found it, called Typhlosion to his Poke Ball, and proceeded to the next town.

I finally reached the next town after a couple of hours, but when I did, there was a horde of zombies circled in front of a grocery store. I sent out Typhlosion to cast them into a fiery oblivion with Eruption. Not only did this kill the zombies, but it also ignited a couple of cars in the area, so I called Typhlosion back, and I ran as far away as possible before they exploded.

With the area in front of the grocery store having been turned into an incinerated wasteland, I proceeded to enter the grocery store to grab some food. As soon as I walked out of the store with 3 carts full of food, I came across #239

When I took a closer look at Elekid, she looked like she was starving. I looked in one of my carts, grabbed a piece of bread, and gave it to Elekid. She ate the bread, and felt so rejuvenated, she let off a huge Thunderbolt. I then realized that if I can utilize Elekid's power, I can make it to the city a few miles away, and possibly find some survivors.

I had found a gas can behind the grocery store, then proceeded towards the gas station. As soon as I had filled up the can as full as possible, me, Typhlosion, and Elekid returned to the safe house, and killed a few zombies that had gathered in front of it that HADN'T been blasted by Hydreigon's Dragon Pulses. I called the group back to their Poke Balls, stocked some of the food items in the safe house inside a crate that was in the ice cream truck, then re-fueled. It was time to find some survivors.

~Thunderbolt
~Low Kick
~Light Screen
~Electro Ball

Current Health Statistics of the Group:

Hydreigon: 84% HP (No Apparent Disease)
Typhlosion: 91% HP (No Apparent Disease)
Elekid: 99% HP (No Apparent Disease)

After barely surviving the day, the team rests. Lileep seems far worse for the wear, while even Vileplume needs some rest. Togetic has kept the team healed through the ordeal, but is severely suffering its own energy depletion. I predict my food supply will only last another day or so...

Huh, this isn't looking good. HQ better send me something useful. That is unless they plan on recovering information from my reanimated corpse.

What could it be this time?...

Result: 7

Hmm, well I'll be; I know this one...

Sgt. Squirtle report for duty!
While not being the most powerful Pokemon out there, its water moves and protective abilities may just save us...

Battle Plan:

1.) Lileep, rest as much as possible. You're staying in your Poke Ball for the day. Vileplume, you need to stay out, but just doze off. We can handle the offense as long as your smell repulses the zombies.

2.) Squirtle take point, blast any approaching zombies with Water Gun/Hydro Pump. If they start surrounding you, Withdraw into your shell and Rapidly Spin while Togetic and I finish them.

3.) Togetic, heal Squirtle's shell if it starts cracking and throw Ancientpowers at the zombies in the meantime.

Team Stats:
Swampert: released
Bellossom: sacrificed
Vileplume: tired HP: 90% En: 50%
Lileep: resting HP: 80% En: 25%
Togetic: somehow still alive HP: 100% En: 70%
Squirtle: ready to kick ass HP: 100% En: 100%

well its day 5 and with most of the zombies dead in Castelia City I have decided to fly to Mistralton City. The reason they have plains. I am happy that I can escape this infected region and decide to fly as quickly as possible, while I am starting to fly over the desert I see something red laying in the sand so I fly down, it's a pokeball overjoyed I throw it into the air to find out what is inside it. Nothing happens I look closer and see that it says that it's a repel damn it I curse. But then in the corner of my eye somthing glints in the sandy ground I walk over to see what it is, It's another pokeball. I throw it into the air to make shure that it is real and it is. Say hello to my newest addition to my team Kangaskhan, her outrages and dizzy punches should come in handy, and whats more is that she seams to fancy my Charizard and the fealing seams to be mutual. Day 5 over I start to fly into the sunset on Charizard with Gothita on my shoulder.

Team so far
Slowking health 60%
Charizard health 90%
Gothita health 95%
Kangaskhan health 99%

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Day 4 has begun. I still see no signs of other life forms, but there are dead zombies everywhere. I've also seen, strangely enough, dead and zombified Pokemon... the most recent find was a Dusclops, with around 50 dead zombies around it. While I'm glad that there are signs of other living creatures, I mean after finding a Dusclops, and a Swampert, both dead, I'm sure there are living people out there, maybe even with the same luck as me. As of now, my Cinccino is just tearing through the zombies, and seems perfectly fine. On the other hand, both my psychic types that I couldn't care to remember their names had fallen, but that is that. While walking down the road to who knows were, I heard a low growling. Running up with my Cinccino, I found a dead person, and a Granbull tied to a stake in the ground, growling and snapping at a group of zombies surrounding it. A quick dispatch of Rock Blasts sends the zombies packing, and i quickly undo the leash on the purple dog, and it emits a low growl in my direction. Although it follows me, I feel it doesn't trust me fully yet.

My current Pokemon are, in no particular order,

Cinccino: Rock Blast | Wake-Up Slap | Sing | Last Resort
Health: Around 75%. No Obvious Diseases.
Granbull: Crunch | ??? | ??? | ???
Health: Around 100%. No Obvious Diseases.

Ending Note: I hope to find proof of living humans. It's getting quite lonely with only Pokemon to be with. I sure hope Granbull will warm up to me. I need a guard for when I'm sleeping.

Journal Entry for Day 4

Today's roll: #248

FUCKING TYRANITAR YEOUSCH DAMMIT

Edit: Alright, maybe I should start doing what some of you guys are doing; writing actual stories. Could be a good writing exercise. Let's assume I start at day one.

I wake up from a weird scream outside. A quick glance at my alarm clock explains my sleepiness: it's only 4 AM. The screaming goes on outside, and in the rising dawn I step outside to find a Tyranitar standing next to a dead person, who I guess is his trainer. It's clawing away what looks like people trying to eat his deceased trainer... The idea of them possibly being zombies strikes me, and when I glance down the street, I see similar situations all over: dead trainers and Pokémon, being eaten and bitten by a horde of the undead.
Having no Pokémon of my own, I decide that a Tyranitar could make for the best ally I could wish for, and in an attempt to gain its trust I grab the shovel laying by a dead person ten meters away, and start bashing into the gang of zombies swarming the Tyranitar and its trainer. Tyranitar seems to catch on and regains his ground, and starts fiercely spitting flames and sending rocks into the zombies. Together we manage to slay most zombies in close proximity, and we flee into the backyard of my house.
Since I live alone, my house is not too big, and even the backyard is quite small. Even though the Tyranitar appears to be a rather small female (though still reaching an impressive 10 ft (*yes I know Ttars officially only reach 6 ft, but disregard that*)), it has to rest in the yard, while I gather supplies inside. I decide it might be best to look for something like a mall or a supermarket - a place with more room for Tyranitar, and a place where I can gather more supplies, seeing as what I managed to gather is quite meager (a few sandwiches, a torch, and a first-aid kit).
Two roads down my house, along which Tyranitar cleared the path, and sealed our path with Rock Slides, I find a van hugging a wall. I drag out the deceased driver, and after barely fitting Tyranitar in the dented, but otherwise completely intact van, we head off to the big supermarket in the city nearby.
After half an hour of driving I make it to the mall, only to find it barricaded from the inside. Luckily Tyranitar packs quite the punch, and she manages to punch open the door with ease. Once we're inside she seals the door behind me.
Inside we encounter a ravage: bodies of other ex-survivors lay spread out on the floor, some with their intestines eaten out, others limbless. Tyranitar and I scan the building for zombies, and after taking out a pack which somehow got into the building we can confirm it's empty, except for us and the rotting bodies.
We can't stay in here for long, with the decaying bodies and all, but for now it provides good shelter, and I can resupply now - there's still quite some food leftover, and in the garden department I manage to secure two shovels, a hoe and a pair of hedge scissors, which may be of good use in case I encounter other survivors.
When I return to our small camp in the dairy segment, I find Tyranitar mourning her deceased and zombified trainer. She seems to have gained trust in me though, and when I hand her over some food to eat, she happily accepts it, starts eating, and then falls asleep. I decide to risk a fire, seeing as electricity is cut off, and then take the first watch for the night. This supermarket won't be a place to hang around for long, what with the decaying bodies and food, but for now it's a blessing.

End of day one.

Day 1: I woke up in the morning when suddenly, I heard a scratching sound on my bedroom door. Zombies!, I thought. To my surprise, there was a Cacnea standing next to me. For a moment I thought Cacnea? Isn't that a Pokemon? Pokemon don't exist! My thoughts were cut short when the zombie banged open the door and burst into the room. In desperation, I commanded Cacnea to use Pin Missile. Cacnea fired its pin missles at the zombie. Luckily, the missiles struck the zombie's brain, causing it to fall over and "die". I breathed a sigh of relief, hoping that 1: there wern't any more zombies in the house and 2: There wasn't an actual zombie apocalypse. I was right and wrong.

After an extensive search through the house, I found no zombies (I was living alone, by the way.) I walked toward my front door, and what I saw shocked me- I saw scores of zombies shambling along the streets! Wishing my Cacnea was a Cacturne so it could defend me better, I ran back into the house and gathered as much food as I could. Additionally, using my toolbox and planks of wood I found in my basement, I barricaded all my doors and opened one of my upstairs windows so I could place a ladder to reach it. I was thinking that these were The Zombie Survival Guide type of zombie (disregard the pokemon that suddenly appeared), so I assumed that they could not climb ladders. I wanted a safe place to return to, and I grabbed enough food and drink for a few days into my backpack and left my house. Immediately as I hit the sidewalk, I saw several zombies coming towards me. I commanded Cacnea to use Pin Missile in the general direction the zombies were walking and I stepped out of the way as five or ten needles came shooting straight out from Cacnea's arm. As my Cacnea was somehow such a sharpshooter, all but one of the zombies were shot in the head and landed on the ground. To eliminate the last zombie, I commanded Cacnea to use Pin Missile again. Unfortunately, while Cacnea raised its arms, it seemed that it could not fire anything. Realizing that Pin Missile had somehow run out of PP early, I commanded Cacnea to use Faint Attack. Hearing this, a veil of shadow surrounded Cacnea as it quickly approached the zombie and struck it in the head, returning back to its original position in a flash. Surprised that Cacnea had actually managed to obey me all this time, I had another sigh of relief. Suddenly, Cacnea had started to glow white, and before I knew it there was a Cacturne standing next to me. I walked over to the zombie corpse that was killed by Cacturne's Faint Attack, and I saw a pokeball. I opened it, and Basculin came out.

Disregarding how the Basculin was floating in the air and did not seem to mind being out of the water, I appreciated the arrival of a new member on my team. It might act as emergency rations in a pinch, too. I walked south down the street, hoping that I wouldn't become zombie food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)