SM OU Zygarde, the Boss (I don't fear no Stall)

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Atk / 24 Def / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Coil
- Substitute

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Hey, frens! I've been here for about two years using fun teams and never went beyond 1550, so I decided to invest more time in building. After more than 200 games with this team and therefore using about 20 variations of this, I started a new alt and tried it out. And I did it: I proved to myself that I am not the worst player in history and I am able to build a team that doesn't lose to Stall. I would now be very interested, if you consider yourself a really good player, how you think about the team.

Therefore I will explain the overall synergy and building structure, then every Pokemon in detail and talk about threats to the team and how to deal with them:

Synergy:
First of all, I started with a pretty standard core: Heatran, Landorus, Metagross-Mega

Metagross main weaknesses are Fire and Ground - the other two provide immunities.
Landorus fears Ice and provides physical defense - Heatran resists Ice and provides Special defense.
Heatran fears Ground and Fighting - Landorus is immune to Ground and absorbs physical Fighting hits.

So there was one main concern left, well at least a 70% concern - Focus Blast. And also, I needed a reliable Hazard Removal. So it was pretty obvious that Tapu Fini completes this and is complemented by Lando, Heatran and Gross, as they are immune to or at least resist Finis biggest fears - Poison, Electric and Grass.

So, my core was pretty standard - what I now needed was speed and a win condition for this team. I felt like SubCoil Zygarde could serve as this win condition, because with E-Speed as an amazing +2 priority and the most spammable move ever in Thousand Arrows it can devour any team style. So I added Zygarde, but still lacked the speed. I decided, I needed another special hitter and after trying out every option there is, I identified Tapu Lele as the most beneficial mon. As my team only had one priority move, Psychic Terrain was a big plus.

Roles of the mons:

landorus-therian.jpg
Lando is pretty much self-explanatory. It is the Stealth Rocker of this team and takes its most standard role as a defensive Pivot with Rocky Helmet. HP Ice is there to hit other Landos. The Speed is there to outspeed those other Landos that try to outspeed defensive Landos. Seems odd, but mostly works. HP Ice damage on those tells you what set it is: Around 50% = defensive Lando; around 70% = offensive/Scarf Lando.
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

metagross-mega.jpg
Metagross carries the infamous Bolt-Beam Coverage to basically 2HKO 90% of the metagame with Meteor Mash as an easily spammable move with the chance to raise its attack and pressure the other 10% after a +1. Earthquake is there to hit Heatran and other Metagross. EQ does about 70% to those - so, it kills after one Hydro Pump from Fini + one Rocky Helmet hit. That's important to note, as people tend to switch in their Gross on Fini. If you predict a Lando to switch in, do not Mega evolve. Clear Body is there to prevent Gross from being intimidated.
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

heatran.jpg
Heatran is straight offensive. As Fini is everywhere, this is the best set to keep up pressure with Rocks, as you trap the Fini with the Magma Storm and then kill with Bloom Doom. The Z-Move does not kill without prior damage in most cases, so the trap not only ensures to hit the right target, it also completes the kill. Earth Power and max speed almost ensure to get rid of opposing Trans. Taunt as the fourth move ensures to devour Stall that has no/lost Dugtrio. With some luck (75% Magma) and some prior damage, Heatran can also one-vs-one even a Chansey... But that's just in case you need an emergency button because you lost Zygarde.
Heatran@Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt

tapu-fini.jpg
Some of you might cry out immediately: Don't use Hydro Pump on Fini. But hear me out first. Of course, you also can run Nature's Madness, but Hydro Pump benefits this team so much. With this, it can, provided you hit, ensure that Heatran is 2HKOed. So you can escape the Bloom Doom. The Speed is there to outspeed other Finis, which, contrary to the number in the dex, mostly run 221 Speed now. Fini is an all-purpose switch-in, as it can pretty much tank every hit you throw at it. As I stated before, every super effective move is checked by another mon on the team. The most important mon to check is Greninja. Without Fini the frog goes ham on you. Moonblast als kill a Dark Type Greninja. Also, Protean Gren pedicting a switch-out of Fini into Metagross will be also punished by Hydro Pump after they go for HP Fire.
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

tapu-lele.jpg
The second Fairy on the team is Lele. There is not really much to talk about. Moonblast and Psychic as STABs almost only fear Ferrothorn or Scizor. As the speed is necessary, you are forced to predict with them, which can be a big problem (look at: Threats - Venusaur + sturdy Psychic Resist). Shadow Ball is just a move that hits almost everything for neutral. You can also run Psyshock or Thunderbolt here. Shadow Ball is just my preference.
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast

zygarde-50.jpg
The star of the team: Zygarde is an emergency tank, a late-game sweeper, your setup mon and overall your win condition. Do not use this as a switch-in, because after putting some holes in the opposing team, this can always win the game after threats like Fini are gone. (SPOILER: there are not many threats) Best case scenario: You bring it in on a passive mon, such as Ferrothorn or Toxapex. The cool thing about that is, is taht people tend to bring in their Ferrothorns on this. At +1 Def for Ferro and nutral for Taxapex, the Sub is never broken and you can set up. Even if your opponent brings in the hard hitters, at +2/+3 it's often over. E-Speed cleans away the frail revenge killers and 1000 Arrows is the definition of a 2HKO on the whole metagame.
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Atk / 24 Def / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Coil
- Substitute

Threats:
Here is everything, i feel and experienced, that threatens this team and how to deal with it. I have three categories. From 1* = can be dangerous to 2* = will be dangerous to 3* = click 'x'

garchomp.png
While it seems like this team could easily deal with Garchomp, a late-game Chomp has more than once wrecked me. Be careful and keep Lando and one of the fairies, if you see a Garchomp plus another Stealth Rocker.

keldeo-ordinary.png
Keldeo is a problem - so keep one of your fairies at good health or you will regret it. And as Fini is a all purpose switch-in to so much on this team, it will take damage. I unfortunately promise.

scizor-mega.png
It depends on the opposing team, if this is a threat. It hard walls your Fairies and Metagross - mons you need to decimate the other team before you can sweep. So sometimes you just have to click HP Fire on Lele and predict the Scizor. But once you get that right, it’s not a problem anymore.

pinsir-mega.png
Pinsir can be a problem due to the fact that Lando and Fini can turn into setup fodder for the Bug. In case it gets out of hand, Lele can always revenge-kill.

manaphy.png
Calm Mind is pretty annoying. Your counter is pretty much not getting Scald-burned and Thunder Punch on Metagross. For other variants: Don’t let it set up. The good thing is: If you keep Bloom Doom in the back, Tran lures it in and if it tries to set up, expecting your Fini, GONE!

buzzwole.png
Lando doesn’t deal with Buzzwole. Period. Just don’t think it would and try to get a special attacker in, if you expect it. While it may not sweep you, it can put holes in your team.

sharpedo-mega.png
Again, you have to keep Fini. But if your Fini is weakened, your option is to go to Lando, let it get hit by Rocky Helmet and revenge with E-Speed. It might not be the most used mon, but can be really tough late game.

pelipper.png kingdra.png
Rain is a problem, because Fini has no recovery. But you can use it to at least stall out the Rain. Always lead of with Heatran and click Bloom Doom. Often times you get Pelipper on the U-Turn.

thundurus-therian.png
Recently, they carry Gigavolt Havoc. Not that this had another switch-in besides Tran and Gross. Fast Blot-Beam is pretty threatening. Keep one of the two aforementioned, if you want to survive.

terrakion.png
Keep Landorus. Scarf Terrakion is pretty much for this team. But at least you got one counter.

dugtrio.png
Duggy itself isn't that much of a problem. It's only one, if you desperately need Heatran for certain Stalls. Magma Storm sometimes takes care of sashed ones switching in, but then again, 75% accuracy. Just be careful with Heatran, but that is harder to do than to say.

venusaur-mega.png
It walls a lot on your team. Mispredicting with Lele is tough, mostly because you can't click Psychic with a Dark mon on the other side. If you get it trapped with Magma Storm, at all costs - taunt it. As long as it has no recovery option, you don’t have a problem.

scolipede.png
Baton Pass is stupidly good in this meta. But as you have two mons with Taunt, you should use that move to your advantage. Not losing to Baton Pass means your opponent wasn't able to use the move itself, or, if it's the standard Baton Pass team with Manaphy, Xurkitree, etc. predict the hell out of your opponent!

volcarona.png
Defensive Volcarona is so tough for the whole metagame. So as always, keep Stealth Rocks up. Expect their Defogger and kill it (90% of the time it’s Fini - double switch to Heatran, trap with Magma Storm and then Bloom Doom it to hell). Then get up the Stealth Rocks again at all costs. If it gets out of hand - Zygarde can tank one hit and kill it with Thousand Arrows, if it’s weakened. Nevertheless - This and Bisharp are the biggest threats to this team.

bisharp.png
It is simple: A well-played Bisharp wrecks you. You have to keep your hard hitters healthy and revenge it. And if it gets a boost, you also have to get up Psychic Terrain. While three of your mons can revenge it, you will see that this mon will not be removed uninjured, IF! your opponent knows how to play the Bisharp and doesn’t sutupidly click Sucker Punch all the time. Your best answers are Zygarde and Heatran, healthy…

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)