CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 13 (Pokedex Entry discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PYROAK are known to be fiercely territorial, and both males and females will protect their dens with their lives. Disputes over space often lead to small scale fires.

An adult PYROAK's core temperature is well over 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit. PYROAK fights are usually very easy to track, marked by burnt foliage and trails of glass.

Abandoned in a forest at the foot of a volcano by its tribe because it was not strong enough, PYROAK built its own armor out of the fire-hardened trees.
I think this makes sense because of the lower attack stat.

"All PYROAKs keep the same set of armor throughout their entire life. It is said the age of any PYROAK can be estimated by counting the rings in the wood."

An entry explaining (and giving good reason for) the middle part of the chestpiece.

1) Pyroak are known to have flaring fights over a potential mate. The flames they shoot from their cannons have been measured to a whopping 1000 degrees Fahrenheit.

2) Pyroak love to have strength and defense competitions. The contests can get very heated and may result in a small wildfire around the area.

Hope you like my entries. If there are any words or anything I need to change just tell me.

Sometimes while PYROAK's cannons blaze, the smoke produced carries an aroma that causes those who inhale it to experience strange sensations and behave weirdly. Scientists believe that the smoke may have health benefits.

It is not uncommon for PYROAK to be followed by pokemon attracted by the aromatic smoke emitted from its cannons. Pokemon affected by this smoke become passive and tranquil.

If the first is too long cut out the last sentence.

Sometimes while PYROAK's cannons blaze, the smoke produced carries a bizarre aroma that may cause those who inhale it to experience strange sensations and behave weirdly. Scientists believe that the smoke may have health benefits.

It is not uncommon for this pokemon to be followed by groups of pokemon attracted by the aroma emitted from its cannons. Pokemon that smell this aroma become passive and tranquil.
If either of these entrys win, the nickname 'Mariguana' will be even better. ;D

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sometimes while PYROAK's cannons blaze, the smoke produced carries an aroma that causes those who inhale it to experience strange sensations and behave weirdly. Scientists believe that the smoke may have health benefits.
:justin: win.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In ancient times Pyroak was hunted for its long-lasting Charcoal by nomads. Eventually it evolved the ability to spew fire, significantly reducing attempts to poach it.

When a Pyroak chooses its nest, it finds the strongest blast resistant wood to raise its young. Later the offspring use this to practice shooting flames without destroying the wood through heat fractures.

Pyroak is known to enjoy Kentucky Fried Delibird.

Some attempts:

Pyroak's wooden skin is heated and impregnable. It is said that a small piece of it can light a fireplace for over a year.

Pyroak marks his territory by burning down dead trees. Anyone damaging the environment within these marks can expect this Pokemon to open fire without mercy.

During the mating season, a male Pyroak's fire heats up to extraordinary points, while the females will have a soothing scent waving out of their cannons.
Agreeing with Luck about the first entry. I like the second one a lot too.

Pyroaks have a tendency to accidentally cause wildfires while battling in their wild habitat. As a result, PokeRangers (or whatever the hell they are) constantly patrol areas where they can be found to extinguish the wildfires.

In ancient times Pyroak was hunted for its long-lasting Charcoal by nomads. Eventually it evolved the ability to spew fire, significantly reducing attempts to poach it.

When a Pyroak chooses its nest, it finds the strongest blast resistant wood to raise its young. Later the offspring use this to practice shooting flames without destroying the wood through heat fractures.

Pyroak is known to enjoy Kentucky Fried Delibird.
ROFLMAO:naughty:. I also like the first one.

Pimplup said:
1) Pyroak are known to have flaring fights over a potential mate. The flames they shoot from their cannons have been measured to a whopping 1000 degrees Fahrenheit.

2) Pyroak love to have strength and defense competitions. The contests can get very heated and may result in a small wildfire around the area.
Feedback please.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus

Pyroak is known to shoot balls of fire into the air from its jungle habitat to attract mates from far distances. In one case, a pilot who was passing by mistook the fire for a flare and was never to be seen again.
This one is still my favorite, mainly because it does something interesting by listing the pilot reference.

-It's said that Pyroak's wooden armour is covered by a strange fluid that is only found on the jungle. When angry, their cannons looses very hot Fire Blasts.

-When two male Pyroaks face each other, a fierce battle starts at that same moment, firing to their rival incredibly hot Fire Blasts. Their armour is covered by a strange fluid.

it would sound better if it would be named ignitrodon... meh

Pyroak live in forests, valleys, and volcanic mountains. They can take advantage of their long-range cannons and knowledge of their terrain to subdue trespassers.

"All PYROAKs keep the same set of armor throughout their entire life. It is said the age of any PYROAK can be estimated by counting the rings in the wood."

An entry explaining (and giving good reason for) the middle part of the chestpiece.
This.

Upon evolution, PYROAK move from their previous rain-forest environments to more suitable plains, where they congregate in tribes that they'll remain in for the rest of their lives.

Wild PYROAK are very prideful, unable to ignore challenges from others, be it by invading their tribe's territory or courting a possible mate.

How's those? Sorry if the grammar for the second one is a bit iffy.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My support goes to these:

and for lolz

Some of you need to read this rule in the OP again:

- The use of correct grammar, spelling of words, and use of punctuations are highly needed.
Like, it's
Pyroak's head
Pyroak's cannons
Pyroak's boobs

but

Its head
Its cannons
Its boobs

and

It's a dangerous Pokemon
It's an aggressive Pokemon
It's a calm Pokemon
It's Fire Blast, not Fireblast
It's not always all about eating Delibird

And Pokedex entries have periods. For christ's sake AJC...

Also also, you can drop the [Woodman] placeholders if you haven't already. The name has already been picked before this poll started. It's Pyroak.

EDIT: Ok, so they still stupidly capitalize Pokemon names in Dex entries...

Also, I believe DP dropped the whole "capitalizing entire words" attitude. I think reading nearly the entire entry in lower caps and then PYROAK popping up everywhere is pretty annoying, so I prefer to write Pyroak the normal way.
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/400.shtml

Pearl entry shows an all caps name. I'm trying to look for a dex that mentions the actual pokemon being looked at, but I can't find a D/P one. I'll just assume that all caps is consistant until proved otherwise.

"It keeps the same set of armor throughout its entire life. Its age can easily be determined by counting the number of rings in the wood."

I'd say this is a revised, more consistant entry, does this look better or worse?

Easily angered, PYROAK have been known to become enraged from changes in climate. It can leave entire forests burning in it's wake.

I figure this one fits well with Wyverii's somewhat vicious looking sprite.

*edit* Oooh, another one:

Once a year, all the PYROAK in a regional will come together. Firing their cannons into the sky, they celebrate with their own festival in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)