CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 13 (Pokedex Entry discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Pyroaks are born, their mothers store them inside trees. Over time the bark of the trees attaches to their skin, forming their armor.

Upon evolution, PYROAK move from their previous rain-forest environments to more suitable plains, where they congregate in tribes that they'll remain in for the rest of their lives.

Wild PYROAK are very prideful
Err, Proud?

I love your first one.

How about:

PYROAK tribes become more restless and aggressive during hot periods. They engage in fierce fire fights with rival tribes.

Or:

PYROAK are known to engage in ceremonial duels banning use of their cannons. Their armour protects them from injuring themselves when charging one another.

(A reference to the Rock Head ability)

A Pyroak's armor is as hard as steel. It is padded with leaves to reduce the shock of attacks.

Although Pyroak prefer long-range combat, they can use their heavy cannons to deal powerful physical blows.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I'll make this my last resort effort to contribute somehow to this CaP. ;p

"Wild PYROAK inhabit the deepest regions of lush forests. Should the habitat fall victim to natural disasters, they will band together and nurse the environment to its former glory."

"Highly dependent on water, PYROAK need to consume large amounts daily. After consumption, their body temperature drops and they remain unable to make flames for an hour."

"The wood that composes a large percent of its body is much stronger and more resistant to heat than normal wood. A table made from PYROAK wood would last for centuries."

"If an enemy enters its territory, it will chase it off with searing flames and full body tackles. It takes special caution to not injure the environment in the process."

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Can we get some height and weight suggestions here? I need a weight to implement this on Shoddy -- since it affects Grass Knot and Low Kick damage. I doubt anyone will ever intentionally use those moves on this guy, but I can imagine switching Pyroak into a predicted Grass Knot and taking piddly damage. So, I need a weight.

This really does not need to be voted on, but we probably need some input. GT, after you get some suggestions, just decide what you think the "consensus" is, and post the height and weight in the OP of the Pokedex Entry Poll. I'll begin the Shoddy implementation immediately after that.

Can we get some height and weight suggestions here? I need a weight to implement this on Shoddy -- since it affects Grass Knot and Low Kick damage. I doubt anyone will ever intentionally use those moves on this guy, but I can imagine switching Pyroak into a predicted Grass Knot and taking piddly damage. So, I need a weight.

This really does not need to be voted on, but we probably need some input. GT, after you get some suggestions, just decide what you think the "consensus" is, and post the height and weight in the OP of the Pokedex Entry Poll. I'll begin the Shoddy implementation immediately after that.
Should we post here; because I have a height and weight in mind.

Weight: 250-320 lbs. (285 average)
Height: 5"8

Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 286 lbs

I figure heavy wood weighs them down enough that they'd be shorter than average.

I was thinking 6"5 (~2 metres). I can imagine this thing being taller than a human. Easily. He looks like the type that would have an equal match with Ash and his anime Charizard.

I'm fine with the weight. Armor makes you heavy.

I agree with Mekkeh on it's height. I can easily see this thing being at least 2 metres tall. 285 seem like a decent weight to be around, maybe a little towards 290 myself.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
A 6'5" in shape (not by normal standards, I mean by actual muscle bulk) human being is around 240 pounds, so I'd figure a 6'5" woodman with a tail and heavy armor would be much heavier, like in the 350 pound range at least.

Yeah, I agree, 350 pounds is more fitting. That gives GK and LK a 100 base power, IIRC, but against Pyroak that's still pitiful damage.

Pyroak should be around 6'3" (also my height, but who gives a shit?) and considering how heavy wood is, would weigh around 238 lbs. Why? Because any idiot knows that hot air is lighter than cold air.

As for a dex entry...

Pyroak have vents on their armour that spout aromatic flames. If joyful, they give off a soothing and calm aroma.

Because everyone knows what MaryJoWana does to peeps.

When Pyroaks are born, their mothers store them inside trees. Over time the bark of the trees attaches to their skin, forming their armor.
I like this one.

"Pyroak live only in forests where a specific type of fire-resistant tree grows. It uses the tree's wood to craft its armour."

"In the most sun-drenched times of summer, Pyroak hibernate. They sit completely still in imitation of a tree and absorb sunlight for their resting period."

"Wild Pyroak live together in packs, leaving only when they must begin nursing their young. They devote a great deal of their time into raising them."

"The smoke from a Pyroak's fire is said to have soothing qualities. However, it is also known to induce odd behaviour from Pokémon and humans alike." ( -COUGHweedjokeCOUGH- )

"The smoke from a Pyroak's fire is said to have soothing qualities. However, it is also known to induce odd behaviour from Pokémon and humans alike."
We have a winner right here.

~2m, ~150kg seem acceptable to me. My gut tell me that 6' 9" and 371 lbs is acceptable enough to place as the final numbers for this guy.

Was this the last poll/discussion?

Please, make a vote about the order of polls/discussion in new cap. Art should come before the Definition of Mixed-Special-Physicial, in my single oppinion.

This has been discussed at length in the process thread. Basically, putting the art (which holds no competitive merit) before style and build makes the Pokemon's stats dependant on a non-factor. Not only that, but it also gives artists either no time to actually make their subsmissions or it holds up the entire project.

I think we still have that evolution line and actually choosing a pokedex entry to talk about, though both aren't truly required to have. They're mostly add-ons.

"The smoke from a Pyroak's fire is said to have soothing qualities. However, it is also known to induce odd behaviour from Pokémon and humans alike."
This is definitely a great entry :-)

If I may be so bold as to correct the grammar:

"The smoke from Pyroak fires is said to have soothing qualities. However, it is also known to induce odd behaviour in Pokémon and humans alike."[/

Well, I'd say we have enough suggestions for a dex poll as is. There's probably twenty or thirty or so entries so far. I'm sure you can wittle that down to ten for a poll.

For the pre-evos, I believe Eugane (I feel as though I'm misspelling that... isn't there an L somewhere?) made art for two levels of pre-evo. All we'd need to cement those would be names (in the same vein as Pyroak, I would assume) and then height/weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)