Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If only, it's spear pillar (unless there is another place).

Valley windworks is more suitable for electic I think.

:/

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
How does Rage work, exactly? Are there any Pokemon that could make use of it?
They are delicious candy bars that... no, wait.

20 BP attack, and you get a +1 Attack boost if you're hit on the time between your last move and your current move by a damaging attack.

If my wurmple evolves into cascoon, can I reset and adjust something to get silcoon? I'm doing a mono-bug challenge on sapphire.

If my wurmple evolves into cascoon, can I reset and adjust something to get silcoon? I'm doing a mono-bug challenge on sapphire.
You can't, wurmple's evolution is defined by a secret number called personality value or PID thatis generated when the pokemon is created/captured and can't be changed. You can find more info on that here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value#Wurmple.27s_evolution
If you want a silcoon you will need a different wurmple and evolve it until you get one.

How do you get an image in Photoshop onto this site? Like into this post for example. What format do I save it in and whatnot?

Storm - I don't pretend to know everything, but... Lower HP = greater % of HP recovered. That's useful if you want to SubSeed because it will hopefully allow you more subs since they require less HP to make. If using lefties you also wanna factor in recovery. So I think this means you want an HP number divisible by 16 (not sure), and the lowest number for Jumpluff would be 272 HP, giving it an IV of 12

.PNG is probably the best. Then stick it onto photobucket or imageshack and put

Don't add the space in though, of course. Correct me if I'm wrong.

How long would you estimate it'd take to hatch a shiny egg with the correct nature, supposing I saved before every egg, used fast hatch, and the mother had the right nature and an everstone?

How long would you estimate it'd take to hatch a shiny egg with the correct nature, supposing I saved before every egg, used fast hatch, and the mother had the right nature and an everstone?
That would be 1/~16000... It probably takes like 20 seconds to go through the process of receiving an egg, checking its nature, and then saving for another egg... So thats about 320,000 seconds or 5333 minutes or ~89 hours

I'm not sure how long it actually takes for the process, 20 seconds is just an estimate on my part, but you get the general picture... It'll take a lot of work, but it might be worth it... Then again, you might be better of just chaining the said pokemon with a synch

Take the average time it takes you to get a new egg, save before taking it, hatch it and multiply it by 8k because there is a chance of 1 in 8000+ for a shiny egg to happen, multiply it by 2 because you have a 50% chance of getting the right nature and multiply it by 2 again if there is more than 1 possible ability.
Still there is big chance that it will never happen or that it will happen very soon if you are lucky.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Take the average time it takes you to get a new egg, save before taking it, hatch it and multiply it by 8k because there is a chance of 1 in 8000+ for a shiny egg to happen, multiply it by 2 because you have a 50% chance of getting the right nature and multiply it by 2 again if there is more than 1 possible ability.
Still there is big chance that it will never happen or that it will happen very soon if you are lucky.
Yeah. I hadn't any hatched shinies in all my time of breeding, and people here will attest to how long I spent on Omanytes. :V

Then again, I managed to catch a shiny Kangaskhan in the Safari Zone, without it running, and with rather usable IVs/nature, so that's saying something. Still, a shiny Exeggcute ran from me three days earlier. :(

Im about to buy an Action Replay Lite for DS. Will it work for GBA too if I use a GBA game in my DS? o.o; Or is it only for DS Games.
Got some money from my B-Day Yesterday x3.
If this question shouldn't be here then... my bad ^^;

Please help improve my team. Its got my rating close to 1500 pretty quickly but still needs to get over that hump. The strategy involves getting rocks up and Lucario a free SD for an easy sweep. SpecsShay is also used to a devastating effect on many unaware opponents.

Aerodactyl@ Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Taunt

This guarantees Stealth Rock getting up and sets up Taunt for incoming physical walls to get screwed over. Immune to Sandstorm and OHKO's Abomasnows so my Sash stays safe.

Wobbuffet@ Leftovers
Calm
252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 4 HP
Counter
Mirror Coat
Safeguard
Encore

Wobbuffet. You all know and hate him. He compliments Lucario and Aerodactyl to no end.

Lucario@ Life Orb
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Crunch
Extremespeed

Gets in free off an Encore switch SD's up and sweeps. Still torn between Jolly to get Mamoswine and other Lucario and Adamant to get non-Gliscor Physical walls.

Shaymin@ Choice Specs
Modest
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Seed Flare
Hidden Power Fire
Psychic
Grass Knot

Devastating. Just Devastating. Not much can switch into this and live. Infact only Heatran and completely defensive Togekiss can. You want to know how strong? This thing OHKO's standard Garchomp 100% of the time.

Heatran@ Leftovers
Modest
252 HP, 200 Sp. Def, 54 Sp. Atk
Lava Plume
Earth Power
Rest
Sleep Talk

STHeatran counters Yanamega, breaks Brelooms subs 100% of the time, and once Garchomp Outrages this comes in for a quick HP Ice. This seems replaceable ATM.

Azelf@ Choice Scarf
Rash
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Psychic
U-Turn
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice

Slice'n'Dice's ScarfZelf is the source of my revenge killing. Gets unsuspecting Heatran every time. U-Turn tests the water for Tyranitar, Weavile, and other Pursuiters.

Overall I feel rather Mamoswine and Garchomp Weak. Heatran is a likely candidate to be replaced. Feel free to point out any other weaks that need fixing. Thanks!

PS: for some reason i can't post in the rmt thread, so Im going to just post my team here, hope its okay.

Anybody please help?? I just hatched a female Timid Vulpix x/x/x/31/31/31 and got it up to level 44 to learn Extrasensory. I evolved it to Ninetales, and to my frustration, it can't learn Energy Ball. wth?

EDIT: to the guy above me, Wobbuffet is considered "Uber" and you really don't have a wall..excluding Wobbuffet.

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble getting 10 bonus rounds in a row to get the Explosion TM.
I was wondering if you guys had some tips to get that darn Clefairy to stay.
Is it true that Great Ball Clefairies stay around longer than Safari Ball Clefairies? When the moon turns red, I don't follow Clefairy's instructions, when the moon turns light glowish, I follow the instructions.
I have gotten several "shiny" clefaries (the ones with green ears), and I still won't go over 7 bonus rounds, anything else I should know? Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble getting 10 bonus rounds in a row to get the Explosion TM.
I was wondering if you guys had some tips to get that darn Clefairy to stay.
Is it true that Great Ball Clefairies stay around longer than Safari Ball Clefairies? When the moon turns red, I don't follow Clefairy's instructions, when the moon turns light glowish, I follow the instructions.
I have gotten several "shiny" clefaries (the ones with green ears), and I still won't go over 7 bonus rounds, anything else I should know? Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks in advance.
I had to do this took to get Explosion for my Lickilicky. (And oh man was it worth the trouble)

After a while, you get pretty good at this so keep practicing.

The key is speed. Don't dawdle on button presses. Go as fast as possible. Watch the Clefairy's first move, button press in the direction, watch it's 2nd pose, hit that button but immediately press the next/last one, whichever direction it is. It's hard to explain this way but it's the way I did it and it's fast. Speed is key.
But that's also a problem. Going so fast like that leads to success, but if you aren't careful you'll screw up, and you could be screwed. You pretty much have to be perfect the whole time from round one to round 10....

When you come across a red moon, you are right, screw up. Don't follow it's moves.

As far as a white moon goes, if one comes up, clear it normally, but the deal with the white moons is that it's a free pass to the next level.

Shiny Clefairies yield the luckiest results.
Normal Clefairies are... normal chances.
Ditto Clefaires are flunkies. You can still make it but they'll probably tired out about 7th.

It'll take some tries, but I made it all the way to the 16th round once.

No, twice. I did it the first time and decided to quit manually, but when I went to the counter they didn't give it to me. So I had to do it over again.

So be sure if you get to 10, PLEASE make sure Clefairy goes back into it's ball before you quit, or you WON'T get Explosion.

A person told me that you can't get multiple Explosions, which sucks.

Anybody please help?? I just hatched a female Timid Vulpix x/x/x/31/31/31 and got it up to level 44 to learn Extrasensory. I evolved it to Ninetales, and to my frustration, it can't learn Energy Ball. wth?
Unfortunately Vulpix/Ninetales need to receive Energy Ball as an egg move. You will have to continue breeding using a father that knows it. If it's any consolation you can use Smeargle to pass Vulpix all the egg moves you want.

Hi. I'm doing a mono-bug challenge on sapphire. Should I evolve my surskit for the better stats? Or should I leave it as surskit for STAB on bubblebeam? I need to know because I don't want Flannery raping my ass.

Let's say a Pokemon has the moves Endure and Substitute , and the Sitrus berry.

If I use Endure on my Pokemon and it had 1 HP left, Sitrus berry restores 25% percent of its health. If I use Substitute afterwards, will I have enough HP to sacrifice 1/4 of my max HP? In this case, does the number of IVs and EVs on HP still matter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)