WOW!! how strange

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Is Substitute really necessary on Machamp? With Close Combat you'll always 2HKO standard Bronzong, and Lum Berry prevent Hypnosis from screwing you over anyways. I really think you'll need Ice Punch to handle Subbing Zapdos as it will run all over you otherwise.

I would rather go with Zapdos Calm rather then Bold. You got some issues with Infernape, and you'd want to take as little damage as possible. Otherwise you may have to resort to prediction, and prediction can easily screw you over.

Bronzong is generally a better switch on Garchomp then what Zapdos is imo, and while we're on Bronzong you may as well run your Atk EVs in Def. You don't really need the EVs to OHKO Gengar when you don't lead with it.

Personally I think two Pokémon with Hypnosis is really overkill, and you'll most likely just end up wasting a moveslot every battle.
You may also want to try Focus Blast on Gengar to handle Lucario a lot better. Subbing Gengar is pretty cool, and doesn't really need Focus Punch imo.

I'm guessing Lonely nature on Milotic was a typo, but you would definitely be better off with Bold or Calm nature. :P

Good luck with your team, and hope my advice was helpful.

Is Substitute really necessary on Machamp? With Close Combat you'll always 2HKO standard Bronzong, and Lum Berry prevent Hypnosis from screwing you over anyways. I really think you'll need Ice Punch to handle Subbing Zapdos as it will run all over you otherwise.

I would rather go with Zapdos Calm rather then Bold. You got some issues with Infernape, and you'd want to take as little damage as possible. Otherwise you may have to resort to prediction, and prediction can easily screw you over.

Bronzong is generally a better switch on Garchomp then what Zapdos is imo, and while we're on Bronzong you may as well run your Atk EVs in Def. You don't really need the EVs to OHKO Gengar when you don't lead with it.

Personally I think two Pokémon with Hypnosis is really overkill, and you'll most likely just end up wasting a moveslot every battle.
You may also want to try Focus Blast on Gengar to handle Lucario a lot better. Subbing Gengar is pretty cool, and doesn't really need Focus Punch imo.

I'm guessing Lonely nature on Milotic was a typo, but you would definitely be better off with Bold or Calm nature. :P

Good luck with your team, and hope my advice was helpful.
Thanks mate i completely agree with no sub and ice punch on machamp would help immensely also to do some damage to gliscor without having to predict and switch. Without the Atk evs would zong still be able to OHKO lucario?? And yeah lonely on milotic was a typo

Yeah I too found Substitute to be a waste with the good movepool Machamp has to offer. However with the set he has now he could Sub up on Bronzong and wear it down with Dynamic Punch while behind a Sub for quite a few turns, and will probably still have the Sub once Bronzong is down or when it switches out. Both are good options though since Lum Berry does help you anyway, the Substitute version could be useful against Roserade as well, regarding if it Sleep Powders. Machamp has alot of options here in your case, maybe try Bullet Punch against Suicide Azelfs or Gengars (after you've used Payback)? Just a thought.

You can still have the EVs to OHKO Gengar anyway, to be honest most Gengars aren't leads, and when they are leads Machamp can handle them with ease, except Counter Sash Gengar still wins, but at the cost of it being basically dead and vulnerable to any attack (Milotic can take Hypnosis and activate Sleep Talk, and then you'd switch back to Zapdos, but all that makes a great accomplishment for your opponent with 3 pokemon seen already).

Yeah, it is overkill. But actually, I find it better to have Reflect over Hypnosis on Bronzong so you can handle Garchomp easier for Bronzong and Lucario for possbily Zapdos. To me, Gengar is a far more dangerous weapon with Hypnosis in its arsenal. To me you could have problems with Curselax, since Machamp is designed for lead, my only suggestion is to simply use Machamp not only as the lead, but for a reliable force with its Stab Fighting moves, because I do agree that you should go for Focus Blast over Focus Punch and throw the Attack EVs into the SpAtk EVs.

Probably Calm since Rest activating Marvle Scale could help its Defensive kills, but try not to rely on it too much.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Wow, that a.. Unique rating.

Personally I haven't ever found the Attack EVs on Bronzong useful, unless I lead with a Lum Berry version. The kill on the lead Gengar was pretty neat early on in the game, but I don't see why that should really matter later on as Life Orb, Stealth Rock, etc will kick in and make it a OHKO anyway.However, having a shot on OHKO Heatran with EQ is definitely cool.

I totally agree with Reflect on Bronzong, though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)