CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 3)

What should the Primary type be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really, really bumbed that Steel didn't quite make it, but I voted for Rock since I suppose that's the next best thing.

Poor Electric, coming so close twice in a row.

I voted Electric. What pushed me over the edge is that when it comes to art designs, there will be alot more freedom in electric than rock, because they don't have a standard bias/body structure.

But, rock will win, which is fine as well.

That's what I thought would be cool, also musing on the thought of technician + ancient power + ominous wind, or something weavile-esque (as a special sweeper) with power gem and shadow ball being its best offensive moves.

But I voted for electric, cuz bulky electric would be more awesome
EDIT: you know an electric ghost, or even an electric psychic or bug would likely counter togekiss too, and only a rock/ghost's typing would counter togekiss
the technican or weavile thing kinda made me want rock =/

A bulky Electric/Psychic sounds pretty sexy, actually, though I still think Rock is going to offer us all kinds of possibilities as well.

Yeah, possiblities of Sweeping with Rock Polish or Ancient Power; which makes our hands tied when it comes to giving it an ability since everyone seems to want it boost its stab attacks.

With Electric we have more freedom with the ability, and with art concepts as well.

Base 180 Speed Rock Type plox. =P

But yeah, Rock again. I think a fast sweeping rock type with lowered defensive stats would suit it. (Although I probably shouldn't be posting it here, but that's why I chose...)

Electric I suppose, rock has a few Pokemon that already break the mold for rock because of secondary typing and I'm guessing that's what we're going to do, but looks like rock has this (I think that was obvious from poll 1)

Electric I suppose, rock has a few Pokemon that already break the mold for rock because of secondary typing and I'm guessing that's what we're going to do, but looks like rock has this (I think that was obvious from poll 1)
Actually no Rock type currently breaks the mold by having high special attack coupled with high speed. The only one coming close is Omastar who arguably is a water based special sweeper rather than a rock special sweeper. Meanwhile Omastar is still painfully slow.

Electric on the other hand has a Zapdos who can be used as a special wall of sorts, Ampharos who apparently is physically bulky, Jolteon with high special attack, and Electivire with pretty high physical attack. If anything Electric has more Pokemon that break the mold than rock.

Voted Rock as it has a huge streo-type that needs to be broken, and I can just imagine smogon finishing the design on an electric wall and one of those stupid-ass rotom shadow things revealed to be the same thing in essence :/ Besides, what would Chuck Norris do?

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If rock wins and we give it Ghost as second type I don't see how a Ghost special sweeper breaks the mold? Give it Fighting or Steel both would break the mold to.

I voted for Electric but it wont win.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A rock/steel or a rock/fighting special sweeper is what i reckon it should be and u guys who are online go on the CAp server im bored :p

Ampharos and Luxray, also Zapdos.

A Rock/Steel type special sweeper would kick so much ass. Technician would be great for Ancientpower abuse.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We really don't need yet another Rock/Steel pokemon >_>.

Honestly, I like Rock/Fire, but a Fire special sweeper isn't precisely, err, new. Of course, in my mind its some kind of Magma bird with Levitate and Roost >_>.

Otherwise I'm thinking go Pure Rock or Rock/Flying on this one. Flying doesn't particularly have a mold because its a secondary type, although the currently existing Rock/Flying type is umm, Aerodactyl, a Physical Sweeper. SO I suppose if we did R/F, we'd need to not make the movepools identical >_>.

Okay, I'm not allowed to vote on these polls but I would like to say something about all the people who say we have to go technician to make it good. Well what about Adaptability, that would boost Power gem aswell, and any secondary typing we give it's Spec.Attack. One thing i think this thing needs however is access to weather ball. If we give it Sandstream then it instantly has access to a STABed 100BP move. Or, you could have it come in after TTar and then if it has Adaptability it has a double-STABed 100BP move, the same thing that made P-gonZ so popular at one point. Sorry, I know this is not the place to post this but I wanted to mention this to everyone here, especially those who think its limited to just Technician+Ancient Power, though we could give it both Technician and Adaptability...

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Deck Knight: All the Rock/Steel types are Defensive this thing is going to be a sweeper, a special one. How many types break the mold by special sweeping? Rock, Fighting, Steel( maybe Dark, but there is Darkrai in UBER) Maybe I missed some, but if we really want to break the mold the second type needs to do it to, but it can be mono Rock type. Then it would not have any other STAB and would really need a new Rock move(if it does not get Technician).

Rock is just too weak defensively... there are too many earthquakers and close combaters to make it viable - not too mention the weaknesses to surf, grass knot/energy ball if it's light, and gyro ball if it's a fast sweeper.

Electric, meanwhile, has only one weakness and great neutral type coverage, meaning that a defensive electric has some potential.

Vote electric!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)