CAP 5 CAP 5 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathRequiem, you need to finish that sketch! That is exactly what I was attempting (well, minus the crystal spikes), except that yours actually looks good because you can draw...

Sorry I'm bad at Computer art XP. Anywho, I doubt this will be chosen, but I wanted to make it anyway. I made it an emerald mole because I think that could work with rock, and may possible provide us with an adequate mole *glares at Dugtrio*. It also looks like it has a high speed stat, which many people want.

I'd really like to see that sphinx idea developed...man I wish I could draw!

Also like the Easter Island statue and Atryoki's critter with big hands.

*patiently hopes/awaits something from Cartoons*

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Hi, thanks for the comments.

I remake my Easter Island based pokemon, I give it more asymmetry, and other type of eyes.

I think this pokemon will be cool with White Rock's colors... you know, a gray, maybe, white...something like this:

or

What do you think, guys?

Ok heres my idea.

I think it would be a good idea even though it looks like it would be a physical attacker, but id think it would be a cool looking Sp. attacker too.

It would "Break the mold" for looks of a special attacker :P

My comp cant scan drawings... but i might get a pic up tomorrow.

I think that white/ grey/ light brown would be great for your design Caladblog. It sort of breaks the norm by not making another dark brown/dark grey rock type.

Gemstones would probably be a good design feature to use, since they fit with both Rock and special, which is what we're looking for.

Caladborg, I'm liking yours a lot. I'd stick with the light brown stones for color since it would look more natural, though white would be pretty unique looking as well.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Gemstones would probably be a good design feature to use, since they fit with both Rock and special, which is what we're looking for.

Caladborg, I'm liking yours a lot. I'd stick with the light brown stones for color since it would look more natural, though white would be pretty unique looking as well.
Yeahhh, I think this must be a "Breaking the mold" Art too.

i think if we REALLY want to break the mold we should make it look somewhat wall/defensve like. many sweepers you can just tell by the look of them that they are fast(jolteon, weavile, azelf, infernape, etc.)..at least to me..it would be cool if it looks super slow and bulky but is super fast and frail.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Ok, thanks for the opinions....

This is the other concept, the Gargoyle pokemon. In fact, I invented this before, for a personal proyect.

In the back, it has a littles rock wings...and it cannot fly. It has a Ball & Chain type tail.

Looks kinda defensive though IMO =|
Woo. That beast will break through anything. Since It looks like a legendary. Give it Adaptibility and 140 Base Sp. Attack for Brokenness!

Try the Main head with a Easter island statue and we'll see!

EDIT: Make it Light brownish to make it look Rock type. By looking at that, it looks like Bronzong on steroids!

Ok, thanks for the opinions....

This is the other concept, the Gargoyle pokemon. In fact, I invented this before, for a personal proyect.

In the back, it has a littles rock wings...and it cannot fly. It has a Ball & Chain type tail.
i kinda like this one. i think u can make the wings bigger and spikier, and a bigger ball on the tail. something more on the chest? like the diamond on dialga's chest!

The Gargoyle design is pretty nice, though I would prefer to see it with much larger wings. Even if this is a Rock type without Levitate, it doesn't mean(like a previous poster mentioned) that it can't have stone wings just for the coolness.
The other ones are okay, but I like Caladbolg~'s two designs the best as of right now.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
i kinda like this one. i think u can make the wings bigger and spikier, and a bigger ball on the tail. something more on the chest? like the diamond on dialga's chest!
Yeahh, This is only a prototype.. I'll make this pokemon spikier next time...and I'll add something on the chest.

1st design, more on the way :3
This one right here is amazing. I think it could use just a little bit of work, and then it could very well win. First off, the color of the main body doesn't really scream rock to me. Looks like he (she) could be normal or fighting type. Also, I think the pokemon's left hand (not the hand on your left when you look at it) is too big in proprtion to the rest of the body. Optionally, you could make him more mean-looking. Props on your impressive art talent and good luck.

To be honest, Caladbolg, I prefer your first rendition of the Tangata Manu, although the extra design on the chest is a nice touch. With his less aggressive expression, it's probably my favorite submission so far.

In terms of 'bigger' and 'more spikes', seeing how this Pokemon will more than likely be a special attacker, I don't think that's really necessary. Bigger wings might be nicer from a design standpoint, but I'm not really rooting for the gargoyle.

In any case, good job, and thanks from bringing a nice bizarre flavour to the list of submissions.

Caladbolg, I really enjoy your designs. I think they are both unique and fit the concept quite nicely. Welcome to CAP.

DeathRequiem,
I like the Cheetah idea, always wanted a cheetah Pokemon. Only problem is that your Cheetah looks a bit too complex, good artwork, but if you want to win you gotta shoot for more Sugimori/Pokemon style art I think.

Caladbolg,
Great job on both. I like the easter island statue more, it's pretty odd looking and has that mystical special attacker feel to it. With the gargoyle type design don't feel bad to make the wings bigger, look at the Lati's they have pretty noticeable wings, fly and both are not flying type.

Caladbolg, your easter island design seems like it could be pretty nice, only problem is that it doesn't look fast, and it seems very likely that it'll have a very high speed stat. Definately in the right direction though.

Atyroki you might have something going too...

Sphinxxor

I decided to take up on the sphinx + crystal idea, and this is what I came up with:

Forgive me for not colouring it in, I kinda lost my colour pencils, and I suck at PS. Since I didn't colour it in yet, I'm thinking whether it would have like a luminous almost crystalline body or either a pale limestone-ish colour. And everyone loves belly button piercings. xD

Comments? (I hope it's not too Egyptian-y...)

I just realised that if the sphinx concept managed to win, we would have a Egyptian Trilogy thing going on (Lucario, Revenankh, "sphinx"). :lol:

Well, I know this isn't exactly the best start for this design. but I feel like showing it off, and I can always make a better version later this weekend, assuming the thread isn't over.

Without further ado, the Totem of CaP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)