CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 15 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished the prototype sprite pose. If this gets enough yesses, I'mma finalize the colors and do the backpose.

prototype.png

There's a lot of strong entries but yours is really clicking with me right now KoA, course I can't give any strong artistic criticism =/

I finally got my front sprite somewhat finished. The hands and hook look kinda off but I'll try to fix those later. Now on to the backsprite.

I finally got my front sprite somewhat finished. The hands and hook look kinda off but I'll try to fix those later. Now on to the backsprite.

The pose is really fresh and different, but it's hard to see the the boxing gloves. I really like right now and you'd secure at least my vote if the gloves were a bit more distinguishable.

Ok, I am pulling an all-nighter tonight just so I can finish the front and back sprites. Yikes.

Good news is my ass is finally off from work! :)

Well here it is, folks, my sprites for Arghonaut!

From left to right: Male, Female, shiny Male and shiny female

Front sprites
2laplc5.png
ztdh21.png
ws6z9.png
2hdmrk4.png

2cnb5hu.png
14b5lw4.png
wlqcme.png
10dwm8l.png

I barely touched up on the colouring and I gave the males a cut in their blades and the females no cuts. This is my second time scratching after all :P I hope everyone likes them!

Good luck to everyone who entered!

I tweaked the colors so that they're more accurate to the concept art and a couple other minor changes. So now, I think I'm just about done and there should be no more edits to my sprites. (I promise!)

Good luck, all. :)

Final Submission

62840943bt8.gif
17132924fk9.gif
98691981dl8.gif
32512147oa3.gif

54987003mi2.gif
10244140bp7.gif
12926771su2.gif
76606181nz9.gif

83178959hk6.gif
73397566zf1.gif
52132155jk7.gif
55526538cd5.gif

I had to manually tweak my sprite colors so here. Lack of photoshop really hurt me with palettes but I think I got a winner with the shiny.

malepose_normal.png
femalepose_normal.png
malepose_shiny.png
femalepose_shiny.png

maleback_normal.png
femaleback_normal.png
maleback_shiny.png
femaleback_shiny.png

Best of luck to all, including myself.

I had to manually tweak my sprite colors so here. Lack of photoshop really hurt me with palettes but I think I got a winner with the shiny.

malepose_normal.png
femalepose_normal.png
malepose_shiny.png
femalepose_shiny.png

maleback_normal.png
femaleback_normal.png
maleback_shiny.png
femaleback_shiny.png

Best of luck to all, including myself.

I absolutely love the fronts sprites and the shiny colours, but the back sprite isn't quite as good as others'.

I tried to make the boxing cloves more visible and finished the female and backsprites. I'm not sure if I'm able to make the shinies in time but I'll try, but if I can't, this is my final submission.

Edit: Made the shinies, but I'll likely change the colours a bit later.
Edit2: This is my final submission, good luck to everyone.

Here are my opinions:

@Chaoscrippler: Really good sprite [front & back]. I really like the shiny colors, and the pose is good too.

@Cartoons!: Best Front pose ever xD. But I don´t like your shiny colors.

@DJD: mmmh, It's very simple your pose... I prefer a dinamic pose... But I like your shiny colors.

@KoA: Back sprite looks awful [Reminds me a Quail...] and It's not my favourite shiny colors.

If I were to put the eye on the right side, then we wouldn't see it very well in the front pose.

Ok, I'll tweak some stuff to the backsprites but some guidance would really help as to why they're bad, so to speak. (To be honest, I don't consider them any worse than Syclant's)

piratealt.png

PLEASE let this be the shiny color scheme, it's an awesome reference to... um....

Wait, what was I talking about again?

KoA- I dunno, I think the backsprite is just a little too run-together. I'm having a hard time distinguishing one part of Arghonaut from another. I love, love, love the shiny, though. Even though I have an affinity for pretty much anything black and gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back