CAP 7 CAP 7 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Guys, please read the ENTIRE thread before posting a concept... I have seen (and deleted) a lot of concepts that were similar to others that were already posted.

Concept: Gender Abuser
Description: A Pokemon that can utilize Gender in ways that make it effective against the opposite gender or the same gender, but not both.

Ideally, it'd be something that would make people actually pay attention to what the gender of their Pokemon are when creating a team, as opposed to not caring because of the pointlessness of stuff like Attract.

I don't understand why my concept got deleted, I read everyones twice and found none that were identical or overly similar to my own submission. I also didn't break any obvious rules besides mentioning that it was a wall, which I dont believe violates the stat limitation rule.

The closest concept to being close to mine was Caladbolgs, which also mentioned HP draining moves, but his only mentions that it should be OU viable not a wall. I say that it uses energy draining moves, as well as healing moves, and it uses status. Energy draining is not the main purpose of my concept, so its not very similar to Caladbolgs, so I dont see why exactly it was deleted.

Concept: The niche abuser

Description: A Pokemon that may have many weaknesses, a unique typing, or just something that makes them special. They may have typing that gives them resistances to a certain common attacking combination, but makes them weak to others. They'd need decent defensive stats to make use of this. More specifically, I was thinking a Pokemon that could wall specific Pokemon very well and had a great support movepool to work with. They'd be very viable in OU.

A existing example could be Abomasnow, with its ability to wall most Water and Electric types. Yet it is weak to Fire, Rock, etc. However, it isn't quite that viable in the overused environment.

Bass

Brother in arms
I don't understand why my concept got deleted, I read everyones twice and found none that were identical or overly similar to my own submission. I also didn't break any obvious rules besides mentioning that it was a wall, which I dont believe violates the stat limitation rule.

The closest concept to being close to mine was Caladbolgs, which also mentioned HP draining moves, but his only mentions that it should be OU viable not a wall. I say that it uses energy draining moves, as well as healing moves, and it uses status. Energy draining is not the main purpose of my concept, so its not very similar to Caladbolgs, so I dont see why exactly it was deleted.
It was similar to this concept.

I don't mean to be an annoyance, but his concpet states a crippling physical wall, mine is a mixed wall that uses status and healing moves, the only similarity is that they are both walls. So, if a similar suggestion towards the Pokemons usage in the metagame as a wall, sweeper, etc. is a close enough comparison so that its too similar a concept? (Im not criticizing, Im just confirming for future reference)

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The problem I have with Mag's is that we will basically start a discussion on everyone's favorite pokemon. And besides, since it wouldn't be set in stone, everyone would submit something that would help their favorite pokemon.
We should note that since the partnered Pokemon has to have a degree of competitive competency to begin with, we'd at least be drawing from a pool of a lot higher quality.

As long as it can be fully backed by competitive reasoning, there shouldn't be an issue with the Pokemon chosen. If it's not backed by competitive reasoning, it's up to the TL to pass over it for the poll.

I'd support any of Beej's concept, mine, or AJC's. :D

Bass

Brother in arms
It might be easier to understand how they are similar if you actually compared the descriptions.

Raverist said:
Name: The Greatest Wall.
Description: A pokemon that is designed to utterly ruin and disrupt physical sweepers and to spread chaos among them.
Solstice said:
Name: Regenerative Stall Machine
Description: The ultimate wall, this Pokemon checks the majority of sweepers and tanks in the metagame, and stalls by using status and energy draining and healing moves to the best of their ability.
The underlined portions were parts of the description that I found to be similar. I may be sounding nitpicky, but your concepts need to be significantly different from one another.

I would like to make it clear to everyone that I am tired of explaining to people as to why their post was deleted. For future reference, it is your responsibility (and not ours) to determine the legitimacy of your concept. If you can't, then please don't bother posting.

Concept: Only weak to the weak.
Description: A pokemon that is top OU and is only weak to uncommon types/moves/pokemon.

My thought of this is to make uncommon attacking types (ex. poison or normal) much more needed because of a new big threat. This could change the metagame in a way that it will need to be more diverse because of the need to have more different attacking types on your team.
It could be similar to most of the "pusedo-legends" that it could have a 4x weakness to something and by that be balanced out from good movepool and stats.

Well, Im going to enter something similar to my original, but with enough distinct differences to not be similar to anyone elses, which I believe is acceptable.

Name: Mixed Stall Machine
Description: A mixed wall that stops some of the most common special and physical threats in the metagame through stall tactics like energy draining and recovery moves, as well as having good usage of status moves.

I hope that is acceptable.

Concept: Feeling Lucky, Punk?
Description: A Pokemon that completely relies on "hax" to make any sort of impact on a match. While it isn't completely useless without it, it only really shines when it's inflicting bad luck onto your opponent.

This Pokemon doesn't necessarily have to have Serene Grace/Super Luck, or be typed Dark/Psychic (to get STAB on "critical hax" moves). BST-wise, it could go a number of ways.

Hoping this one doesn't get deleted for no reason, but the other was pretty bad...

Name: An overused UU?
Description: A Pokemon who is good to counter UU threats, yet is a strong OU sweeper/wall.

Well, I noticed that UU Pokemon are used in a different way than OU, because of different big threats there. So I thought that this guy could be used in OU well, despite being a nearly broken threat counter in UU.

Concept: Sunburn Soldier
Description: A Pokémon who would be able to utilize the "sun" weather to have a powerful defensive component, and can attack as well.

When I say this, I'm trying really really hard not to steal the example idea. However, I've been using Sunny Day teams for quite some time now, and the fact is, Sun really doesn't get enough love. Teams based on it end up having to have the same three Chlorophyll users on it almost every time to be effective, unlike the other weather conditions. So, what I'm proposing is almost like Stallrein, but for the Sun, and with more attack options than Ember. Perhaps an ability similar to Dry Skin for Sun. Since Sun can't last forever, this concept would be far from broken, and would give Sandstorm and Hail a reasonable run for their money.

Concept: Didja see that attack coming?
Description: a sweeper that uses a bunch of different types of attacking moves but has trouble using support moves.

so what im saying is, using a pokemon that uses attack moves of all sorts of types, so your opponent will never know if you're going physical, special, and what types of moves you're using. i know this is a lot like lucario, but i was thinking it to be more extreme?(didn't know which word to use) also, this pokemon rarely uses support/stat boosting moves, either because of a limited movepool or an ability/stat that makes stat boosting/supporting hard.
a few examples:
pure water type using leaf storm, fire blast, ice punch, and dragon claw
pure grass using thunderbolt, flamethrower, blizzard, and ice beam.

Concept: Can't Touch This
Description: A pokemon that while otherwise lacking in (defensive/offensive) abilities makes up for it by having a plethora of immunities which enable it to setup/stall or make it difficult to check. These immunities don't necessarily have to be to attack types, but possibly to status or other hinderances.

Examples: A dd sweeper that is ground/fire to make it immune to paralysis (save bodyslam) and burn, which protects it from two of the most dangerous status effects to fast sweepers.
A ghost/normal levitate wall
A clearbody/inner focus sweeper
A steel/fire insomnia status absorber

Name: Sweeper On a Timer
Description: An effective, offensive Pokemon that has a limited number of turns in which to do its job.

Sort of a reverse Regigigas. Anyone who's used a Trick Room team will know the high stakes feeling of managing a powerful sweeper under the pressure of a time limit. A built in half-life could be implanted many ways (Toxic Orb abuse, dependence on recoil moves, insurmountable sr weakness...) and the resulting Pokemon would no doubt invite a sense of urgency onto both players as they wrestle to control the pace of the battle.

I usually don't win these things but for the sake of being involved I'll contribute.

Concept: Spectral Jumper
Description: This pokemon will excel in all spectrums of battling. Namely: stall, balanced an offensive.

For example, choosing a pokemon for each style we could say Blissey-Stall, Swampert-Balanced, and Infernape-Offensive. Our mon would fit under all three categories and do just as well, if not, a better job at filling those rolls.

My 2 cents.

Mag's and Beej's concepts are my alternatives. ~_~

Concept: A bulky water counter
Description: Bulky waters dominate the metagame, as grassers cannot safely switch in becaus every water packs ice beam (And most of them suck) , and thunderbolts are dodged easily by ground types. This concept would be a good check against those bulky waters so that it could switch into them and immediately pose a threat

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Concept:Bad Side Effect Abuser
Description:A pokemon that can use moves with bad side effects eg. petal dance, overheat, without their side effects, either with an ability or move.

God knows who will listen to me, but here goes nothing...

Concept: The Metagame's Late-Stage Mutitool
Description: A Pokemon who can prefom multiple tasks that are useful in the late stage of the metagame.

There are many pokemon that can prefom many roles in the current matagame with one set. But most of these multi-tasks niches are only preformed usefully in the early to mid-game stages. Take Ttar for example. It can be a great lead with a choice band or be a bulkier user of stealth rock. And it can do all of the tasks we give it simotanisouly if that is what the team needs. So I am sugesting a pokemon that can possibly sweep multiple pokemon with weakended health while still filling nices such as using support move that are best used in the late-stage of a battle. Aromatherapy is a good example, because many pokemon that can use it are used to fill other roles (thinks of Blissey and Pyroak).

My first post in CAP after lurking a while.

Concept:
You won't DIE!
Description: A pokemon while not having the best defensive stats, can heal itself constantly through weather, draining moves, aqua ring, softboiled etc.

With all the fast paced threats like scizor, mence, and infernape, an unconventional wall with the ability to heal itself constantly while maybe resisting common attacking types, while being hampered by a 4x weakness or something. So it could go down fast to a certain type without being able to heal himself.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Concept: Astounding Ability
Description: Similar to Pokemon like Kingdra, Jirachi, and Celebi, this Pokemon is balanced all around and can function as a good sweeper or wall. However, this Pokemon really shines do to it's "amazing" Ability, such as Wonder Guard, Magic Guard, or Serene Grace.

Hopefully this is alright, I talked to Darkie about mentioning some example Abilities. What I was aiming for is a Pokemon that can use some one of the really rare, great, abilities to its fullest extent ^_^

Concept: Rapid Spinner
Description: Entry hazards and stall are everywhere in CAP and there are few viable spinners and even fewer which can effectively slot into a team and consistently fulfil the role. Starmie can do it but is weak to Ghost and Pursuit whilst Fidgit has far too many things to do ahead of Rapid Spin and can't do jack to Rotom-A and needs a couple of moveslots to dislodge Revenakh. Forrestress has no hope of beating Ghosts.

I propose we make an "ultimate" rapid spinner, that would check stall, being able to Rapid Spin and be good enough at it that it carries it on a regular basis and can beat the most common Ghosts whilst maybe not the lesser common ones.

Concept: Astounding Ability
Description: Similar to Pokemon like Kingdra, Jirachi, and Celebi, this Pokemon is balanced all around and can function as a good sweeper or wall. However, this Pokemon really shines do to it's "amazing" Ability, such as Wonder Guard, Magic Guard, or Serene Grace.

Hopefully this is alright, I talked to Darkie about mentioning some example Abilities. What I was aiming for is a Pokemon that can use some one of the really rare, great, abilities to its fullest extent ^_^
Wow, I actually really like this idea! I enjoy using Pokemon becuase of their abilities, like Bibarel and Simple, or Venomoth and Tinted Lens. Something where ability is a key component sounds like a winning concept to me!

Name: Leave a Legacy

Description: A Pokemon that cannot be directly countered but forces the opponent to think around it because after it faints, there may be other consequences.

Explanation: By means of abilities such as Unburden, Aftermath, or possibly a custom ability, moves such as Memento, Lunar Dance, Explosion, Selfdestruct, Healing Wish, a custom move, or a combination of such. This is NOT meant to be a good suicide lead, but do a very similar thing midgame or lategame. For example, if the Pokemon has Aftermath as an ability and his lategame sweeper is on a roll, you might be able to use Memento, lowering both attack stats AND leaving him with 25% less HP. This way, it gives you another chance to end his sweep. The opponent would not be able to outright go and attack the Pokemon because these consequences of, requiring more thinking on his part, but in order to use this, you must know what you're doing.

This is also a good way to learn about how underused abilities and moves such as those can affect the metagame. All of the CAP Pokemon that we've created so far have SOME type of longevity, but this would allow us to test how a quick come-in-do-something-and-die Pokemon would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)