NBA Offseason 2009

So I was at the Fiba Americas Championship finals Sunday watching Canada vs. Argentina and Brazil vs. Puerto Rico (yeah!!!). To bad we lost BY ONE POINT, but it was a nice game, considering we were playing horribly and made a really awesome comeback in the 4th. I was really impressed on how quick Barbosa is (it is much different watching him playing in real life just a few feet away than watching him on tv!). Varejao was pretty good too. Too bad Brazil didn't have Nene, it would have been cool to see him. And Barea for PR, too bad the Mavs didn't allow him to play (same for Nowitzky and Germany). Oh, and Scola was awesome as well!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lol it's not like the Spurs didn't know how good he was in the first place, Olympic MVP too iirc at Athens. The Spurs just weren't sure if he could compete in the NBA against the bigger bodies for a full season, but look what he's done at the Rockets.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm I the only one amazed every time I see that being played that Bruce Bowen has the ability to jump that high?

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
allen iverson headed to memphis. i hear their offense is gonna be ai, the juice, rudy gay and zbo taking turns going 1 on 1 each possession

allen iverson headed to memphis. i hear their offense is gonna be ai, the juice, rudy gay and zbo taking turns going 1 on 1 each possession
lmao, its more like whoever gets the rebound on defensive is gonna take it coast to coast without passing the ball off

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Virus team in the making, you get Z-bo and Mr. Practice in the same team you get no chemistry. This is gonna hinder Gay's production soo bad..

Dubulous

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Memphis, to be perfectly honest, doesn't give two shits about winning this year. They want to fill their arena. They knew that they wouldn't be able to do that by winning games because the turnaround rate would be too slow. The solution? Grabbing as many big name players as possible and pray for the best.

It was a business decision, certainly not a basketball decision.

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This will happen with the memphis team, courtesy from ish

"Mayo dribbles up the court, looking for his shot.....STOLEN by Allen Iverson. What the heck? Mayo is guarding AI. Iverson looking for his shot. Can't get it off. Randolph screaming for the ball. STRIPPED by Gay!!!! Gay goes up for the shot. BLOCKED by Randolph. Randolph for layup, misses, rebound, misses, rebound, misses, rebound, misses, rebound....Mayo leaps takes the ball away, dribbles it out, doubleteamed by Gay and AI. Nets just standing around watching in disbelief.

Eh Nets aren't that bad -_-. Harris, Williams, Lopez seems solid and seeing as they might add Lebron Bosh/Staudemire and more in 2010, they may even become the eastern conference champions. They have a pretty nice bench in Lee, Alston, CDr as well

Dubulous

Eh Nets aren't that bad -_-. Harris, Williams, Lopez seems solid and seeing as they might add Lebron Bosh/Staudemire and more in 2010, they may even become the eastern conference champions. They have a pretty nice bench in Lee, Alston, CDr as well
LOL at the Nets getting LeBron...sorry that is highly unlikely. He is either going to the Knicks or (the more likely option) staying in Cleveland.

I will agree with you that the Nets are looking pretty good. Alston is a great back-up option at the point, and Lee is a really good looking player. Lopez will be a dominant big man for years to come and Williams is a nice player as well. Yi might not end up being a complete bust yet as well. They definitely have a chance of competing for a playoff spot in the shitty East.

Quite on the contrary, I think that Lee is just slightly above average. He was given the chance to shine because there were more talented options on the floor for scoring, therefore putting less pressure on Lee, giving him more room to shine. Now that he's going to be one of the Nets' main offensive weapons, I doubt he'll be able to live up the hype. Of course, he may just rise up to the challenge, but I doubt it. The Nets are set for another mediocre season, and unless they get a superstar the coming offseason, are doomed for mediocrity for quite a long time.

Watching Memphis play will be like watching school aged kids play. (my schools mostly black). Everyone will be begging for the ball every single play and team mates will be arguing. 4 people wanna be the team's leading scorer on a team = fail!!

Lebron actually has a high chance of going to the Nets IMO as one of his best friends; Jay-Z is part owner of the nets and have talked numerous times about it. But who knows?

franky

Lebron actually has a high chance of going to the Nets IMO as one of his best friends; Jay-Z is part owner of the nets and have talked numerous times about it. But who knows?
Lebron is going to Brooklyn 2010

Because you know, playing on a team that's 1% owned by a friend you see every week is more important than winning a ring or building your legacy.

>_>

I think LeBron will stay in Cleveland if they go far again this year.

They can offer him more money than any other team, right?

So.... Lebron would trade up the opportunity to play in the Garden, one of the most famous if not the most famous basketball arena.... To play in the Izod center which has trouble filling its seats? Lebrons after the money, and Cleveland is the only place that can offer him a max contract. Its either Cleveland or NY, and hes most likely staying in Cleveland. Plus, the Nets arent moving to Brooklyn. They havent even gotten cleared yet to start building an arena, so the Nets wont be moving anytime soon.

Well I'd assume Lebron going to the Izod center might result in filling seats
Seriously.... Have you ever seen a player come out of college and say " Wow im finally in the league, I can fufill my dream of playing in the Izod center!" Im sorry, but I think people would rather play in the Garden over the Izod Center. Plus, Lebron would make a lot more off endorsements if he was in NY (hed practically be on every billboard here).

Seriously.... Have you ever seen a player come out of college and say " Wow im finally in the league, I can fufill my dream of playing in the Izod center!" Im sorry, but I think people would rather play in the Garden over the Izod Center. Plus, Lebron would make a lot more off endorsements if he was in NY (hed practically be on every billboard here).
Most college players just want their dreams of playing in the NBA to be fulfilled, no matter where they're playing. Although LeBron is a jerk in real life, apparently, I really hope he'd be the kind of guy who'd rather be on a team that has a chance to win now or later (Cleveland, New Jersey), rather than a team with no chance to win at all. Any team with LeBron is a contender, but he has to get tired of doing it all by himself.

Although LeBron is a jerk in real life, apparently, I really hope he'd be the kind of guy who'd rather be on a team that has a chance to win now or later (Cleveland, New Jersey), rather than a team with no chance to win at all. Any team with LeBron is a contender, but he has to get tired of doing it all by himself.
Whoa we know LeBron is insecure about being showed up but that's no grounds to start calling him a jerk. Clearly you have no idea how the guy has handled himself since coming into the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)