Team Malware Attack (UU)

Team Malware Attack

So here is my most recent team, and it has been doing decently well, peaking at around 1500 CRE. However recently its been on a slump, and my rating has dropped by 50 points or so. So I've decided to post it to get it back on track. The team is a balanced team, that tries to get a Porygonz sweep, by luring out counters with Mismagius and then trapping and killing them with Dugtrio. So here it is:

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/176 Def/80 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Omastar starts the match off by laying down Spikes and Stealth Rocks, which turn a bunch of 2HKOs into OHKOs for Porygonz. Most of the Pokemon that like to switch into it are grounded. (Registeel, Steelix, Aggron etc), so Spikes are really really useful. Stealth Rocks are a necessity on any team to keep Moltres and Swellow in check. The attacking moves and pretty self explanatory. Both get STAB. Surf hits everything hard, while Hidden Power [Rock] gets super cool super effective hits on Froslass, Swellow, Moltres, and Scyther. Swellow and Scyther hits are particularly useful, because Omastar is my only stop for them.

I chose Omastar instead of something like Bulky Froslass or Uxie, because it was the only option that could get both entry hazards down. I didn't feel as though I had space on the team to put in a Pokemon dedicated to laying down Spikes, and another slot for Stealth Rocks, and I really believed Poryognz needed them.

Omastar also pairs up well with Venusaur, and together, they form the defensive core of the team, sponging a decent number of attacks, and beating a good amount of threats. They resist each others weaknesses pretty well too. Omastar resists Fire, Ice and Flying, while Venusaur resists Electric, Grass, and Fighting.

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/112 Def/144 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

This brings us to the second part of my defensive core. Venusaur acts like the glue to my team (I never really knew what people meant by that till I used this here), checking threats like DDFeraligatr (whom this team hates), Raikou, bulky waters, Sceptile, Fighting types, and then acts like a decent buffer to most other attacks. The EV spread is crude, but I wanted to get a decent amount of bulk on both sides of the spectrum, and not just limit it to one. Them emphasis is on the special side, because Raikou is running around. He is also the reason I went Physical rather than Special. he has the added bonus of removing Toxic Spikes, which to hinder Porygonz's sweep. The item and moveset are bog standard, but it works. Recently, Venusaurs been being rather rude to me and missing a lot. I was wondering is Seed Bomb>Power Whip was even an option. i like the high BP of Power whip; it lets me keep some of my momentum.

Dugtrio (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge

So when I was building the team, I realized there, like most sweepers, there are only couple of things that can stop Porygonz. Grounded Rocks and Steel that invest heavily into SDef, Chansey, strong priority users (STAB Vacuum Waves, Mach Punches and Sucker Punches, really), and fast, but frail sweepers. Dugtrio eliminates the first two groups, and usually does really well against the last group too. He beats some of the sweepers like Raikou, other Porygonz, Houndoom, etc. Earthquake is the move of choice, usually. It gets stab and whatnot. Stone Edge is standard as well. Pursuit allows me to beat Mismagius, who is annoying to deal with. (She outspeeds Porygonz and such). Sucker Punch is not negotiable. It is the only form of priority on the team, and is really necessary to check speed boosting sweepers. EVs allow him to ouspeed Raikou, and possibly survive the odd, weak priority attack.

Mismagius (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Trick

Mismagius takes on two crucial roles for this team. First she is an offensive spinblocker. The entry hazards that Omastart lays out are crucial for getting those 2HKOs and OHKOs with Porygonz. That's pretty self explanatory. The second roles is as a lure for Registeel and Chansey and those more common general special checks. Those quickly allow Dugtrio to take advantage of the opportunity and take them out. I chose TrickSpecs Mismagius over SubCM or a bulky variant because of Trick. Trick is a devastating move, and when times right turns a lot of stuff onto set up bait for Porygonz, or cripple a bold Cresselia. (Mismagius also acts as one of my two Cresselia checks. She doesn't work as well against CM versions, though) Out side of that, the power of the Specs allows her to clean up after Porygonz relatively easily.

EDIT: Hidden Power [Ground] is used to keep the perfect Speed IV.

Drapion (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
- Aqua Tail
- Night Slash
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Draipion was put onto the team for one reason. Murdering Cresselia. Night Slash (Sniper is fun too :D) offers a quick 2HKO, and Brick Break allows him to take out any screens she had set up. (Originally it was Earthquake, but DS teams were being a big problem, so I changed it). Pursuit it is also an extremely useful move. It deals with Alakzam, Rotom, and Mismagius, and adds a second (though less important) trap to my team. Its still really useful, since it takes out the Pokemon that can revenge kill Porygonz. Aqua Tail is a filer move. Its basically there for cocky Donphan and Rhyperior that think Drapion is only set up bait. I like the decent bulk that Drapion has over the other Dark types (mainly Absol and Houndoom) and how is not as slow as Spiritomb. The Evs allow it to outpace Timid Moltres and other Base 90 and send the rest into Attack and HP.

Porygonz @ Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Dark Pulse

Porygonz. Shows up. Nasty Plots. And sweeps. That's it. This thing is fucking broken. Adaptability boosted +2 Tri Attack 2HKOs 90% of the tier and I've only given it 80 SAtk EVs. Recover lets is sponge weaker priority attacks, (The ones not named Sucker Punch, Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave). Lum Berry lets it hit things (or set up on) things that try to status is. All statuses hurt Porygonz, so the temporary immunity is helpful. The EVs allow it to hit 358 SAtk and 260 Spd, (out speeding bas 80s). However I'm thinking of lowering the SAtk to put more in Speed. Possibly boosting it up until it beats Jolly base 80s and Cress? That's the only real problem with this.

EDIT: Fuck, posted this before I finished x_x Im editing it now
EDIT2: Fixed

I actually like this better than full blown descriptions to be perfectly honest... anyways...

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam
---
Dugtrio (M) @ Life Orb (you cannot afford to let anything setup)
- Earthquake
- Substitute (Predicted Switches and Sucker Punch)
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
---
Porygonz @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk (Change speed Evs to out speed Neutral Max Speed Arcanine)
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Dark Pulse
---
Mismagius (M) @ Choice Specs
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick
---
Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Careful (Nature to Match EV's) nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder
---
Drapion (M) @ Leftovers/ LifeOrb
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- SwordsDance
---

Anyways, that is my quick rate.

Did you read the forum rules? You have to have descriptions for each Pokemon, detailing why each one is there and what role it performs etc.
Did you read the post?

EDIT: Fuck, posted this before I finished x_x Im editing it now
:) Ive fixed it now.

I actually like this better than full blown descriptions to be perfectly honest... anyways...

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Surf
- Ice Beam
---
Dugtrio (M) @ Life Orb (you cannot afford to let anything setup)
- Earthquake
- Substitute (Predicted Switches and Sucker Punch)
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
---
Porygonz @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk (Change speed Evs to out speed Neutral Max Speed Arcanine)
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Dark Pulse
---
Mismagius (M) @ Choice Specs
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick
---
Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Careful (Nature to Match EV's) nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder
---
Drapion (M) @ Leftovers/ LifeOrb
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- SwordsDance
---

Anyways, that is my quick rate.
I like the Substitute idea on Dugtrio. Will that take away my 2HKO on Chansey and Registeel though? If it doesn't work I'll look into SD Drapion. I want to have one Pursuit user on the team though.

Venusaur, I'd like to have it more balanced, than polarized.

Venusaur, I'd like to have it more balanced, than polarized.
Careful Venusaur with an EV spread of 252 HP/84 Defense/144 Special Defense gives you the exact same stats as Impish with 252 HP/4 Defense/252 Special Defense, with 28 EVs left over. Also, 248 HP is probably a better idea than 252, it's explained here.

On Mismagius, I suggest HP Ground over Fighting because it allows you to retain a perfect Speed IV, which will be really useful if you Trick the Choice Scarf away, or even against Scarf Scyther or opposing Scarf Mismagius. HP Ground hits Steels just as hard, and KOs Swords Dance Drapion with Stealth Rock every time. Also, it 2HKOs specially defensive Drapion or Skuntank that might switch in (these have become more popular with Cresselia everywhere).

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
The first part is completely true, but I think the second one doesn't apply to Venusaur, as 364 isn't divisible by 8, so he'd need to lower Venu's HP to 359 for that to work.

On another note, your team is fairly weak to Sceptile, as Venusaur does not check it with 2 NVE attacks. I'd go with Sludge Bomb over Earthquake, so that you can check it accordingly, and use a Sassy nature with 252 HP EVs/ 20 Spe (outspeeds Adamant Rhyperior, so that's up to you) and the rest you can distribute as you see fit. Speaking of Sludge Bomb, it also allows you to hit Moltres on the switch, who happens to wreak some major havoc on your team.

Another change I'd make is give Dugtrio a LO, as you simply can't give the aformentioned Moltres a free switch in, ever.

Good luck =)

Turkey Bacon:

Mismagius is Spec'd not Scarf'd. :x

Anyways, thanks for the spread. I've already changed it. Thanks a lot. Hidden Power [Ground] sounds cool too. I don't think that there is much that HP Fight hits that HP Ground hits (besides like Normal Types and and Ice types, but those are unimportant and uncommon) Is Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power[Ground] walled by anything?

Bluewind:

Oddly Ive never had any trouble with Sceptile. Power Whip manages ~30% damage to it so that's easy to take out. Moltres is easy to play around, since its fairly predictable, and Drapion/Mismagius can switch into HP Grass and KO it. It is a problem, though. Since Dugtrio does reliable revenge Raikou, Sludge Bomb might be a good idea.

Thanks for the rates. :)

The first part is completely true, but I think the second one doesn't apply to Venusaur, as 364 isn't divisible by 8, so he'd need to lower Venu's HP to 359 for that to work.
Yeah the second sentence in my post was pretty confusing and really didn't have much to do with that link... 248 HP would minimize SR damage so that it could switch in 9 times, but I forgot about Leftovers which makes that irrelevant anyway so 252 is fine.

Turkey Bacon:

Mismagius is Spec'd not Scarf'd. :x

Anyways, thanks for the spread. I've already changed it. Thanks a lot. Hidden Power [Ground] sounds cool too. I don't think that there is much that HP Fight hits that HP Ground hits (besides like Normal Types and and Ice types, but those are unimportant and uncommon) Is Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power[Ground] walled by anything?
Yeah sorry about mixing the items up, but it looks like you figured it out :) Electric/Ghost/Ground is unresisted until there's a Normal/Grass type or something, the reason why HP Fighting is more popular on Mismagius sets like the Nasty Plot one (besides having perfect coverage with Ghost) is that the extra power is needed against Normal-types like Clefable. Even with the boost from Specs, Clefable doesn't even get 2HKOed by HP Fighting, so you're usually better off using Trick on it no matter which Hidden Power you have.

Ok. HP Ground works well. I'm sort of missing the SE hit on PorygonZ, but its since Mismagius was never really there to beat PZ. I really like SubTrio, its been working really well. Thank for the rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)