2nd ever RMT[OU][Shoddy]

Introduction:
Hi everybody , I'm new here to the Smogon community and to competitive battling in general so don't expect much from me and please give me your full support. This is my second RMT , although my first was complete rubbish.This was mainly decided for Shoddy although I think I could use it for DS competitive play after I've finalized my team and understood all its mistakes and obviously editing them and this is the main reason why I have this RMT.
Lets goooooo~!

Team at a glance:

In-depth team view:
The Lead:

Roserade@Focus Sash
Timid_Natural Cure
4HP/252SPE/252SP.A
~Sleep Powder
~Toxic Spikes
~Leaf Storm
~HP Fire

Standard Roserade lead SP , TS and then sweep or switch depending on whom I'm fighting and if its the general Azelf/Gliscor/Aerodactyl Lead I usually Leaf Storm or switch since I predict a taunt and then do the spikes later on when I get the chance to do so.

My Rapid Spinner:

Starmie@Leftovers
Timid_Natural Cure
136HP/156DEF/216SPE
~Rapid Spin
~Surf/Ice beam
~Thunderbolt
~Recover

Basic RS Starmie , I'm not sure about the EV's I just went with the smogon one and I'm not sure of using Surf/Ice beam , Ice beam for the general Boltbeam combo but Surf for as a MAIN STAB and to cover my fire weakness[Considering I have 3 pokemon in this team that are weak to fire]

My Physical Waller:[He has some good base Sp.Def but whatever:P]

Rotom-H@Leftovers
Bold_Levitate
252HP/168DEF/88SPE
~Overheat
~Will-O-Wisp
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt

Physical tank and a spin blocker at the same time! He is my main switch when i see pokemon such as Starmie and Forteress[Rapid spin users]or for Physical Sweepers such as Scizor where Will-o-wisp takes care of Physical sweepers and Shadow Ball/T-bolt for a main stab , Overheat is there because Heracross/Scizor are common in OU as Physical sweepers now-a-days.

My Physical Sweeper:

Scizor@ChoiceBand
Adamant_Technician
248HP/252ATK/8SPE
~U-Turn
~Bullet Punch
~Pursuit
~Super Power

CB Scizor Ftw!U-Turn for HnR[Hit and run]BP for STAB and Technician abuse , Pursuit for whom I predict to switch[Starmie for example]Super Power for coverage plus with ChoiceBand thats just ownageeeeeeeeee.

My Special Sweeper:

Magnezone@Salac Berry
Timid_Magnet Pull
28HP/252SP.A/228SPE
~Substitute
~Charge Beam
~Thunderbolt
~HP ICE/HP FIRE

I love you Magnezone , Awesome Sp.Atk and also a steel trapper nothing much to say Salac abuses the HP loss from Sub and If I did some beams earlier thats just high speed and high special attack which is perfect for sweeping , I am currently running HP ICE because my other two attacking moves are electric so Magnezone won't be able to damage ground types good unless with HP ICE , FIRE wouldn't do much , HP WATER could be a replacement considering I have 3 pokemon weak to fire types and it still takes care of ground types.

My mixed sweeper:

Infernape@LifeOrb
Naive_Blaze
64ATK/252SP.A/192SPE
~Close Combat
~Grass Knot
~Fire Blast
~HP ICE

Awesome coverage on each and every type what else can I say?This guy's a monster , although I am not sure if this guy makes the perfect Mix Sweep for my team and I am willing to take your advices on other Mix sweepers:P

Feel free to rate/criticize/LOL as much as you want but please help me D:?

Final Look:

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well your Roserade does nothing for your team. Sure it sets up Toxic Spikes but your team is not abusing them and you would rather benfit from SR since you lack it. Therefore I suggest a Lum Berry Lead Metagross as it will almost always get up SR and can beat Machamp which is a troublsome anti-lead. Magnetzone wants Explosion over Charge Beam so you can take out 2 pokemon for the sake of 1, eg you teap a scizor, you set up a sub then kill the scizor. Substitute protects you from the incoming pokemons attack while you explode on it. You actually don't really need magnetzone since you are not really threatened by scizor. So ill make some changes that will allow you to use magnetzone to its fullest. First swap Rotom out for a Gengar. Gengar lures in Sczior which allows you to trap it with magnetzone. I then suggest a Salamence over Starmie as it gives your team more offensie and can break down your opponients team enought for Infernape to sweep. Magnetzone can trap scizor trying to KO Salamence with Bullet Punch.

Have a Nice Day!

Hey. I like your teams coverage but i see a few problems.
First of all, your starmie is very unnecessary. Your only pokemon that is above affected by spikes is infernape, ( not counting starmie) and SR only does 12%. Also, you have a anti-lead, which can stop a lot of leads from setting up rocks with some prediction.
I say that you replace your Starmie with a Vaporeon. Not only does he have better defenses (especially health and SP.D.) he can also wish pass with your teams lack of recovery. O and i forgot to mention, roserade absorbs toxic spikes!, he is half a rapid spinner already.
Also, Vaporeon can help dragon kill ( which you need) and kill those pesky fire Pokemon.
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability - Water Absorb
Nature - Bold
188HP/252Def/68Spe
~Wish
~Protect
~Surf
~Ice Beam

OK, now onto other things. This may seem mean, but your Magnezone set SUCKS.
Your magnezone could be better, ive got a set for you.
Magnezone @ Occa Berry
Ability - Magnet Pull
Nature - Timid
EV's - 40HP/252SpAtk/216Spe
~Substitute
~Thunderbolt
~HP Fire
~MAGNET RISE/Explosion

This set allows you ( if you go first) to have no weakness. You have an occa berry and ground immunity. Not to mention steel typing and nice resistances. You can go on a nice late-game sweep. Although, if you choose explosion over magnet rise, you can take care of unexpecting ground pokemon as well.

Last but not least, your roserade is not built for this team. Your team is offense, not stall and you much rather need SR or SPikes over TP. If your gonna keep roserade, make her take spikes over TP. Although, if you choose against Roserade, which i think you should, I'd say a Heatran, hes elimanting a fire weakness and adding a much needed immunity.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability - Flash Fire
Nature - Naive
EV's 4Hp/252SP.Atk/252Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Earth Power
~Fire Blast
~Explosion

I hope you take my critique well, and i hope i helped =D

Well your Roserade does nothing for your team. Sure it sets up Toxic Spikes but your team is not abusing them and you would rather benfit from SR since you lack it. Therefore I suggest a Lum Berry Lead Metagross as it will almost always get up SR and can beat Machamp which is a troublsome anti-lead. Magnetzone wants Explosion over Charge Beam so you can take out 2 pokemon for the sake of 1, eg you teap a scizor, you set up a sub then kill the scizor. Substitute protects you from the incoming pokemons attack while you explode on it. You actually don't really need magnetzone since you are not really threatened by scizor. So ill make some changes that will allow you to use magnetzone to its fullest. First swap Rotom out for a Gengar. Gengar lures in Sczior which allows you to trap it with magnetzone. I then suggest a Salamence over Starmie as it gives your team more offensie and can break down your opponients team enought for Infernape to sweep. Magnetzone can trap scizor trying to KO Salamence with Bullet Punch.
Thats not true Roserade's LS does Great damage considering Roserade's high SP.A.

I dont mind going for Gengar>Rotom but can you suggest the appropriate set?

Hey. I like your teams coverage but i see a few problems.
First of all, your starmie is very unnecessary. Your only pokemon that is above affected by spikes is infernape, ( not counting starmie) and SR only does 12%. Also, you have a anti-lead, which can stop a lot of leads from setting up rocks with some prediction.
I say that you replace your Starmie with a Vaporeon. Not only does he have better defenses (especially health and SP.D.) he can also wish pass with your teams lack of recovery. O and i forgot to mention, roserade absorbs toxic spikes!, he is half a rapid spinner already.
Also, Vaporeon can help dragon kill ( which you need) and kill those pesky fire Pokemon.
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability - Water Absorb
Nature - Bold
188HP/252Def/68Spe
~Wish
~Protect
~Surf
~Ice Beam

OK, now onto other things. This may seem mean, but your Magnezone set SUCKS.
Your magnezone could be better, ive got a set for you.
Magnezone @ Occa Berry
Ability - Magnet Pull
Nature - Timid
EV's - 40HP/252SpAtk/216Spe
~Substitute
~Thunderbolt
~HP Fire
~MAGNET RISE/Explosion

This set allows you ( if you go first) to have no weakness. You have an occa berry and ground immunity. Not to mention steel typing and nice resistances. You can go on a nice late-game sweep. Although, if you choose explosion over magnet rise, you can take care of unexpecting ground pokemon as well.

Last but not least, your roserade is not built for this team. Your team is offense, not stall and you much rather need SR or SPikes over TP. If your gonna keep roserade, make her take spikes over TP. Although, if you choose against Roserade, which i think you should, I'd say a Heatran, hes elimanting a fire weakness and adding a much needed immunity.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability - Flash Fire
Nature - Naive
EV's 4Hp/252SP.Atk/252Spe
~Stealth Rock
~Earth Power
~Fire Blast
~Explosion

I hope you take my critique well, and i hope i helped =D
Heatran>Roserade then.
But then if I take Vaporeon>Starmie I totally lose my rapidspinning pokemon , considering that Roserade was a toxic spike absorber , so what do you say?

As for Magnezone , I got that set directly from smogon dp team builder , but then can you suggest a totally different pokemon[Preferably a special wall since Heatran adds a special sweeper and Vap is a Physical wall]and one that cancels another fire weakness?

Thats not true Roserade's LS does Great damage considering Roserade's high SP.A.

I dont mind going for Gengar>Rotom but can you suggest the appropriate set?

Heatran>Roserade then.
But then if I take Vaporeon>Starmie I totally lose my rapidspinning pokemon , considering that Roserade was a toxic spike absorber , so what do you say?

As for Magnezone , I got that set directly from smogon dp team builder , but then can you suggest a totally different pokemon[Preferably a special wall since Heatran adds a special sweeper and Vap is a Physical wall]and one that cancels another fire weakness?
First of all, Heatran is even more of an anti lead so dont worry bout rapid spinner. Although, you could use Milotic. He is a great status absorber, and your team needs one. He gets + 50% def while sleeping while being a great special wall.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability - Marvel Scale
Nature Calm
EV's 252HP/168Sp.Def/88Def.
~Rest
~SLeep Talk
~Surf
~HP Grass ( makes up for no roserade )

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
QUOTE]

O.k, fine it can hit things hard with Leaf Storm, most leads can hit things hard with their STAB too, regardless I think that I made my point.

If you want a special wall then latias is a good pic especially as it can CM and use recover well

I don't think that Milotic is a great choice for your specail wall since it shares a electric and grass weakness and Suicune does the same thing better. But like i stated above, latias is a good chioce withs its recovery and offensive power.

Have a Nice Day!

First of all, Heatran is even more of an anti lead so dont worry bout rapid spinner. Although, you could use Milotic. He is a great status absorber, and your team needs one. He gets + 50% def while sleeping while being a great special wall.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability - Marvel Scale
Nature Calm
EV's 252HP/168Sp.Def/88Def.
~Rest
~SLeep Talk
~Surf
~HP Grass ( makes up for no roserade )
Although yes he does the same job as Roserade , in this case absorbing toxic spikes he is still affected by SR/Spikes so what can you say?

Milotic is a great idea though , He has average Defense , high special defense and with his ability that's both a physical and special wall while he's asleep...but is that in place of the lead or in place of Vaporeon/Starmie because if its in place of Heatran then that's no more Stealth rock O_O

Although yes he does the same job as Roserade , in this case absorbing toxic spikes he is still affected by SR/Spikes so what can you say?

Milotic is a great idea though , He has average Defense , high special defense and with his ability that's both a physical and special wall while he's asleep...but is that in place of the lead or in place of Vaporeon/Starmie because if its in place of Heatran then that's no more Stealth rock O_O
The milotic in place of magnezone.

ginganinja

You need HP electric on Vaporeon. Otherwise your team gets destroyed by a bulky dos. Militic can only surf it (Stuff all) Vaporeon can only Surf it or Ice Beam it 9Stuff All) It KO's both Infernape, Heatran and could beat gengar too depending on the EV spread.

Even if you give Vaporeon HP Electric Gyarados is still quite a problem. I suggest going back to Rotom as you are not abusing Magnetzone enough and Rotom can burn threats and check much of the metagame.

However running latias over Milotic as then Gyarados can no longer set up on Milotic.

Have a Nice Day!

EDIT Since you now have a real lack of offense then Infernape is less viable then before as Infernape works best in conjuction with other sweepers as they wear each others counters down. Mixmence or DD mence could work as it is a strong stand alone sweeper which works well on your team.

The milotic in place of magnezone.
Ohh I see...

You need HP electric on Vaporeon. Otherwise your team gets destroyed by a bulky dos. Militic can only surf it (Stuff all) Vaporeon can only Surf it or Ice Beam it 9Stuff All) It KO's both Infernape, Heatran and could beat gengar too depending on the EV spread.

Even if you give Vaporeon HP Electric Gyarados is still quite a problem. I suggest going back to Rotom as you are not abusing Magnetzone enough and Rotom can burn threats and check much of the metagame.

However running latias over Milotic as then Gyarados can no longer set up on Milotic.

EDIT Since you now have a real lack of offense then Infernape is less viable then before as Infernape works best in conjuction with other sweepers as they wear each others counters down. Mixmence or DD mence could work as it is a strong stand alone sweeper which works well on your team.
That's not really true if I consider Heatran in thats 3 sweepers[Scizor/Infernape/Heatran]

But anyway yeah Latias provides both Special defense and sweep can you suggest me a moveset?[Although I think Milotic is still great but we'll see...]

And yeah I guess I'll keep Rotom but do you think I need to give a change to the EVSpread/Form/Nature/moves?

And yeah I don't mind Salamence but instead of who and what set?

ginganinja

Ah well I suggested Salamence over Infernape as the coverage provided by Infernape and Heatran seemed to overlap too much. The salamence set is

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive
16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Earthquake
Flamethrower

The Rotom set you currently have is fine but if you wanted a revenge killer you could run

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Overheat
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Trick

lastly Latias, you could run this set here...

Latias @ Leftoves
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or if you wanted more bulk you could run 208 HP / 48 Def / 252 Spe
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Substitute.

The reason I chose this set is because it is not Scarf T-ar bait. You can set up a Sub and wait and see who is faster (or just switch out). With Substitute up you are not KO'ed by a Pursuit from Scarf T-ar which has become very common.

Have a Nice Day!

Ah well I suggested Salamence over Infernape as the coverage provided by Infernape and Heatran seemed to overlap too much. The salamence set is

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive
16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Earthquake
Flamethrower

The Rotom set you currently have is fine but if you wanted a revenge killer you could run

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Overheat
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Trick

lastly Latias, you could run this set here...

Latias @ Leftoves
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or if you wanted more bulk you could run 208 HP / 48 Def / 252 Spe
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Substitute.

The reason I chose this set is because it is not Scarf T-ar bait. You can set up a Sub and wait and see who is faster (or just switch out). With Substitute up you are not KO'ed by a Pursuit from Scarf T-ar which has become very common.

Have a Nice Day!
For Salamence , shouldn't FireBlast>Flamethrower?Also Infernape does nuetral damage to almost every type.

I'd prefer my own Rotom-H set because mine burns down physical sweepers.

As for Latias it's pretty neat but....only one move....a dragon type move which can be resisted by quite some types , don't you think I should add another attacking move?If not , then I'd go with Refresh>Sub.

ginganinja

Okey I'll try and sort some things out.

In regards to Mence
Yes Fire Blast can work but it still fails to KO celebi and specailly defensive Skarmory which is a lot more common these days.

In regards to Latias
You could run an offensive CM set but you lose your Latias if your opponient has a Scarf Tar as you are unable to switch due to Pursuit and T-tar is faster than you. Substitute + CM is (to my mind) one of the few Latias sets that does not get beaten my Scarf Tar. It also is a bitch to take down as with you raising your Special Defensve via CM your substitutes become harder to break. you also have Recover to make even more subs if need be. Dragon attacks (Such as Dragon Pulse) is resisted bu ONE type, steel. I thought that the steel type would be a non issue as you have quite a few fire types on your team.
If you want an extra move then you are better off with a LO set or a Offensive CM set however they all lose to Scarf Tar which measn that your "Special wall" is down early on in the game.
Refresh does not really work over SUbstitute as you are still getting trapped by T-tar. I will stress,with substitute you cannot get trapped by T-tar sunch youy can switch out and take no damage since the Substitute will take the Pursuit leaving you to fight another day. If your opponient does not have a T-tar then you are quite safe to CM and Sub up without fear of being revenge killed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)