Secret Santa Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Deadline to complete battles is Wednesday October 18, 10PM (PST), please set up times and get into contact with your opponent as soon as you see this, I don't want a repeat of last round, I hope each and every one of you realizes that not everyone lives in your timezone and that you will have to make sacrifices to get battles done, when you join any tournament you should be fully aware of this

Round 1 Thread

Rules:
PP Ups optional (if there is a disagreement, they must be ON)
Rated optional (if there is a disagreement, it must be unrated)
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
No Self Ko on last pokemon
You MUST only use the team assigned to you

Logs MUST be PMed or e-mailed to the tournament e-mail address (this is necessary to ensure everyone used the correct team assigned to them)

If you watch another tournament battle while you are still in the tournament you will be disqualified (please do your part to prevent this by disallowing specs or putting GSE, Santa, or something along those lines in your name)

If you are caught cheating you will be banned from Smogon for 1 month

Match ups:
Aeroblacktyl vs Delta
Council vs peter_pan
Karrot vs Justin8649
Moxom vs Alper
(TO) Juggernaut vs Doomsday
PikaPete vs TheMusicMan
DragonDance vs Groudon80
Ghost_Chill vs Mekkah

Subs:
Havak
Hansy
gdpt

Teams that lost in Round 1:
Dan Dan
Cerberus
ssbmroy
Justin8649
Mekkah
somerandomguy
Moxom
TheMusicMan
Delta
Alper
Lexay
Doomsday
DragonDance
Mizuno
Hansy
Ghost_Chill

Aeroblacktyl vs Delta-Go My team!
Council vs peter_pan
Karrot vs Justin8649
Moxom vs Alper
Winner of (Cerberus vs (TO) Juggernaut) vs Doomsday-Doomsday over ceberus.
PikaPete vs TheMusicMan
DragonDance vs Groudon80
Ghost_Chill vs Mekkah
Meh, when youve got no ground, rock, or flying(reliable) resist...

G80, eh. no need to pm as were on together quite alot.

based on skill said:
Aeroblacktyl vs Delta - Going with the turkey man here. Delta is quite underrated here.
Council vs peter_pan - HEIL GERMANY
Karrot vs Justin8649 - Why not?
Moxom vs Alper
Winner of (Cerberus vs (TO) Juggernaut) vs Doomsday - Cerberus > clan guy, Doomsday > Cerberus
PikaPete vs TheMusicMan
DragonDance vs Groudon80 - Lack of self confidence = round 2 exit for me
Ghost_Chill vs Mekkah
oh, and PM me if you got a team with Regice, Regirock, Celebi, Donphan, Salamence, and Suicune, as that would be mine.

Yay for that fact that my team is still in.

Can't really predict because its 70% the team, 15% hax, and 15% skill.

Woops. Guess my team was out..

Anyways, i still don't get it why people are predicting me to win when i got past round 1 by default...

Aeroblacktyl vs Delta (No doubt)
Council vs peter_pan
Karrot vs Justin8649
Moxom vs Alper
Winner of (Cerberus vs (TO) Juggernaut) vs Doomsday
PikaPete vs TheMusicMan
DragonDance vs Groudon80
Ghost_Chill vs Mekkah

The rest seems quite balanced, especially since team building skills aren't taken into account.

makiri

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Whoever is on or PMs me right after 10PM PST will win the battle, I realize this might seem unfair but we need to get the battles done, and you guys couldn't do it by yourself

looks like someone really good got my team, I thought that it would be too idiosyncratic to succeed in this. I would predict winners, but I won't because it depends on the team, which could have been made by anyone.

Lexay failed my team, so I will have to win the tournament myself! </egotrippin'>
I PMed my opponent.

Aeroblacktyl vs Delta - MoP is good at unorthodox team building but also a great battler.

Council vs peter_pan - This is hard but IPL is known to be good at winning with odd teams, though I wonder how well he'd fare if it's not his own.

Karrot vs Justin8649 - I won't be surprised if justin loses though because Karrot is using the team that defeated mine!

Moxom vs Alper - I don't know the former so I'll predict the Turkey wins.

Winner of (Cerberus vs (TO) Juggernaut) vs Doomsday - Too complicated so I'll just pick Cerberus from the bunch.

PikaPete vs TheMusicMan - Sorry Pete, a gamble.

DragonDance vs Groudon80 - Seems to be doing good.

So since I am in GMT+1 and it is 21.17 now:

21 + 8 = 5 AM

I would have to get up way early just to be through, even though I am for 100% more on than he is.. he doesnt get his deals done and that time suits him perfectly?

makiri

Fine new time 12am GMT -7, should be much easier for both of you

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
So yeah, I lost to Justin. I kind of lost hope when he freezed my only counter for something, but yeah. That battle was as haxy as my Round 1. Pretty close though, 1-0. Great match.

EDIT: I have the log, sending it.

ok first off you are not on 100% more than me. we are just on at different times. but w/e cerebus we are still on for tomorrow so it shouldnt matter. i will definetly be on as long as nothing drastic comes up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)