Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

By the way, about starting frame in HG/SS, I've read that you have to stop one frame before your target frame for IV abuse.

However, when my target is 14 for example, I do 13 radio advancements, which would lead me to, if the starting frame is 1, frame 14, and I still get the correct egg...

(I don't use elm calls since I don't have pkrs)

How come ?

Well, I always hatch the egg to see where I landed, that way I can adjust my time getting into the game. You can do this with coin flips, but the egg is the one thing that can't lie. Have you looked at my guide? Perhaps you should check to see if you do anything different than me that might be throwing your results off.

Disregard what I said about not finding a match. It's showing that I'm hitting a target frame of 75. Now does that mean I could be going a little too fast and should wait a sec before I collect the egg?

It means your frames are not stable and that you may have to sav in front of the daycare man again because those cowgirls are frigging up your results.

Yes! I finally did it, I finally bred my first RNG abused Pokémon.

Salvador - SMEARGLE ♂
Nature: Jolly - Ability: Own Tempo
Date: June 7, 2010 - Hatched at: Pokétch Co.
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves: Sketch

Thanks you, Smogon!

No matter what, I keep hitting a target frame of 75 and my target frame is 76. Would maybe changing my egg frame help at all?

Ha I knew it. I just used a really crappy spread that for some reason wasn't letting me hit my frame, so I switched to a new one. Thanks anyway.

How can I check the seed with Seed Finder (Find initial seed by stats) if the delay is very high? (above 1900).
I'm trying to help a friend catching a suicune (hg/ss) with emloop, I don't have a target seed yet, I'm in the "calibration phase".

EDIT: Problem solved, thank you Nexus, I didn't have the latest version of RNG reporter ;D

When abusing for pokémon that are fished, am I correct in assuming the following:

Target frame: 349
Monster Frame: 4
RNG advances required: (349 - 4) = 345 advances?

So I could do 172 page flips, then a step in the direction I'm facing, use my Super Rod, and I would encounter the Pokémon I was trying to find? In RNG Reporter is says:
Fishing Result (Super Rod): Landed a Pokémon

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How can I check the seed with Seed Finder (Find initial seed by stats) if the delay is very high? (above 1900).
I'm trying to help a friend catching a suicune (hg/ss) with emloop, I don't have a target seed yet, I'm in the "calibration phase".
when your on seed finder and using the option "Find seed by stats" select the custom option and a new set of boxes will appear where you can enter a minimum and maximum delay to have seed finder search for.

How can you check what seed you hit on DPPt for Wondercard Abuse because the natures are generated differently than the IV's and the natures are part of finding out what seed you hit.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How can you check what seed you hit on DPPt for Wondercard Abuse because the natures are generated differently than the IV's and the natures are part of finding out what seed you hit.
Use the coin flips. Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to use them until after you've received the Wondercard Pokemon, because you have to hit A to get it from the Mystery Gift man before any of the NPCs move. Still, you can use it to find out how close you were to hitting the seed.

When abusing for pokémon that are fished, am I correct in assuming the following:

Target frame: 349
Monster Frame: 4
RNG advances required: (349 - 4) = 345 advances?

So I could do 172 page flips, then a step in the direction I'm facing, use my Super Rod, and I would encounter the Pokémon I was trying to find? In RNG Reporter is says:
Fishing Result (Super Rod): Landed a Pokémon
Everything seems fine to me.

Use the coin flips. Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to use them until after you've received the Wondercard Pokemon, because you have to hit A to get it from the Mystery Gift man before any of the NPCs move. Still, you can use it to find out how close you were to hitting the seed.
I remember hearing that the coin flips are not always accurate. HGSS is much easier to RNG in, you can check your frame and seed at the same time!

I remember hearing that the coin flips are not always accurate. HGSS is much easier to RNG in, you can check your frame and seed at the same time!
Coin flips are accurate for checking your seed, just be sure you have a a decent range for delays and seconds when verifying your seed via coin flips, as you may sometime hit a you delay and be a second off or you my hit your time but have the wrong delay.

Only in HGSS if you dont wait a long time to verify your seed with the elm method, if a npc move you will be able to know

But yes IMO, its actually easier to RNG Wondercard pkmn in HGSS/ then Dppt

When pokewalker abusing, do I use Method 1 to determine the frames? Also, for the target time, is it the time when I do the last transfer (with my target), or when I enter the pokewalker stuff in-game?

Since I could collect my egg at the same time again, am I correct to assume that you don't have to do frame calibration every time and your first egg frame is pretty much the same you use every time?

@JRT: You will need to everytime you do another save, since there is a possibility that you can save 1/2 way through an NPC step. This way, even though the same spread should have the same advancement, you could still be picking up some extra.

@Metallica: For breeding, HGSS is easier just because there is only 1 NPC that can mess with your frame, and he rarely moves. This means no calibration, so a big time saver. Getting shiny eggs is a little harder due to a very limited way of advancing the IRNG, but it's worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)