Dragonite

Yes well.... mabye next game. In other news, Serebii started translating attacks today. Still didnt change their discrption of windstorm. Whadda ya make of that?
What about HGSS Tutors? and i think it means either

a) they didnt get that far or
b) it does both

i refuse to believe it does not gain acc during weather conditions!!!

What about HGSS Tutors? and i think it means either

a) they didnt get that far or
b) it does both

i refuse to believe it does not gain acc during weather conditions!!!
The effects for quite a few attacks have yet to be filled in. In a few hours, Joe[Serebii] will get up and get to it, more than likely.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Remember, in the description it says Outrage doesn't lock you in if it isn't effective[unless the translation was incorrect somehow]. I think this grants Offensive Dragonite the opportunity to severely weaken Mence's/Garchomp's/[Insert Dragon Here]'s counters so it can sweep. With the possibly of Outrage being even more ridiculous, you can't count that set out yet. Or any Dragon with Outrage for that matter.
I'm pretty sure the way it's worded just means you don't go into an Outrage if you hit something like Shedinja.

I agree with Warrior Prince. I think it's possible it might be like thunder (Or at least I hope it is.) A 30% confusion rate is great.... but so is a 100% accuracy in weather. That'd just be the icing on the cake for Dragonite. Parafusion weather Dnite anyone?

I'm actually liking the look of a CB set, different from mence/onokusu with good flying STAB, superpower, e-speed and an outrage with about the same power as mence's. The opponet comes in expecting a bulky dragon dancer but eats a powerfull free fall. You think your onokosu can sweep after a ddance? how about I strip off 70% with extreemspeed while mence sits there and get's swept. Wanna send in blissey to lure me into outraging? too bad, while mence may fall for that, dragonite can superpower you and the skarmory you're gonna switch to.

Now with multiscale (halfs damage in half when at 100% health) Dragonite becomes an awesome dragon killer, as it is "neutral" to dragon moves at 100% health, delivers Outrage/Dragon Claw/something dragon and packs Extremespeed it they have focus sash.

I've been thinking about a CB set but I honostly don't think Free Fall will work. Although I do like Free Fall for it's ability to stop a turn for faster pokemon, (Which could be useful with Dragon Tail) It's got the same power as Aerial Ace. I'd feel better with a better physical Flying stab. (That'd completely change peoples perspective on Dragonite as an inferior Salamence lol)

@Camara

I think it'd only make a good Dragon Killer with good support. The CB / Life Orb set with spin support would work well to kill off dragons.

Now with multiscale (halfs damage in half when at 100% health) Dragonite becomes an awesome dragon killer, as it is "neutral" to dragon moves at 100% health, delivers Outrage/Dragon Claw/something dragon and packs Extremespeed it they have focus sash.
Multiscale halfs damage in half when at 100% health, it seems cool!
And I have a question, is the multiscale activated when Dragonite is hit by steah rock, toxic, burn, leech seed....when at 100% health?

Maximizing SpA is a priority, as that is his main method of attacking. 184 Spe EVs allow for 363 Spe after a DD, the minimun to outrun + Base 115 pokemon (eg Starmie and its ice beam).
I would want to know more about swimming goggles before i'd commit to this

Multiscale halfs damage in half when at 100% health, it seems cool!
And I have a question, is the multiscale activated when Dragonite is hit by steah rock, toxic, burn, leech seed....when at 100% health?
Or if roost+leftovers bring it back to 100%

Roost / Light Screen / Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw will now be beastly with Multi Scale. You'll be able to setup in almost any Bulky Water's face, as Multiscale, Light Screen, and the Roosting turn all turn their Ice Beams into mush.

It worked well enough in Generation IV, but with Multiscale, it's a whole new level of awesome.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sub Roost Dragonite!!!!!! Maybe Subs will be unbreakable

...No. We're talking about Substitute here.

Roost / Light Screen / Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw will now be beastly with Multi Scale. You'll be able to setup in almost any Bulky Water's face, as Multiscale, Light Screen, and the Roosting turn all turn their Ice Beams into mush.

It worked well enough in Generation IV, but with Multiscale, it's a whole new level of awesome.
Assuming the new Waters don't try Roaring you to teammate Hell. Otherise, sounds good, but you'll need to kill the Steel-types.

@revdjweb

I think spin support with be the major priority this gen for Dnite. The bulky set probably won't need it and honostly Dragonite learns roost on it's own but really its all about getting in full health to abuse Multi Scale.

@EvilMario

You said this before but I'm still agreeing with you. It'll be lol for 4x weak attack to do such miniscule damage. Someone do a check for me. I wanna lol.

Lez make an example. 252 Sp. Atk Starmie ice beam vs Multi Scale Light screen Max/min Dnite.

I don't see much reason to use Gale (wind storm). Considering Drizzle Politoad will be running around Thunder will have a consistant 100% accuracy. Boosting Fire Blast's accuracy in the rain will not matter much considering it's power is cut in half in the rain and in the Hail Mamoswine or Abomasnow will just KO draginite with Ice Shard. In the sun flamethrower will be strong enough to KO what you want it too, so Fire Blast isn't worth it. over all though I can see Dragonite still being a good Anti-Lead and an even better bulky DDancer due to multi scale.

I don't see much reason to use Gale (wind storm). Considering Drizzle Politoad will be running around Thunder will have a consistant 100% accuracy. Boosting Fire Blast's accuracy in the rain will not matter much considering it's power is cut in half in the rain and in the Hail Mamoswine or Abomasnow will just KO draginite with Ice Shard. In the sun flamethrower will be strong enough to KO what you want it too, so Fire Blast isn't worth it. over all though I can see Dragonite still being a good Anti-Lead and an even better bulky DDancer due to multi scale.
The reason is because Windstorm works in ALL weather, and gets STAB. What happens when you come across a Ludicolo in the rain? Swampert? How bout ANY fire type in the sun? Fire blast gonna take a chunk here? And in the Hail, well, Dragonite wont do too well, making Blizzard useless. Though with Multiscale, he may be able to fire off a Superpower at Mamoswine since Ice shard will only be 2x. And it is his only half decent Special Attack in a Sandstorm.

The reason is because Windstorm works in ALL weather, and gets STAB. What happens when you come across a Ludicolo in the rain? Swampert? How bout ANY fire type in the sun? Fire blast gonna take a chunk here? And in the Hail, well, Dragonite wont do too well, making Blizzard useless. Though with Multiscale, he may be able to fire off a Superpower at Mamoswine since Ice shard will only be 2x. And it is his only half decent Special Attack in a Sandstorm.
Wrong.

B&W Research Thread said:
Confirmed Wind Storm [M542] has its accuracy boosted to 100% in rain; its accuracy remains 70% in all other weather. (Mien)
Multi Scale is definitely great. Stealth Rock is all you really have to worry about, since it is immune to Toxic Spikes and Spikes. Erufuun seems like a great lead for a team with Dragonite on it: Mischevious Heart + Taunt will be able to stop leads fairly handily, and it also learns U-turn so you can get out of there, breaking their Focus Sash. It has a trollish 116 speed, which outpaces Starmie and Azelf leads.

Does anyone know if multi scale cuts stealth rock damage, provided you were at full HP when you switched in?

At least then it wouldn't be 100% useless with SR in play. Just mostly useless.

Does anyone know if multi scale cuts stealth rock damage, provided you were at full HP when you switched in?

At least then it wouldn't be 100% useless with SR in play. Just mostly useless.

It still isn't useless- Multiscale takes effect again when you Roost back up to 100%.

@Blasphemy

That's terrible. Gale won't work in anything other than Rain I mean. It's really terrible and really kinda dumb. I mean yes, it not working in the sun is obvious but what about sand and hail. Gale should have different effects in those like changing the type from Flying to Rock/Ice (Or better yet dual type attack. ULTIMA!!!!) That's my rant and I'm sticking to it. lol

Well dragonite can still be partially abused in the sun with Fire Blast and Dragon typing while being on major rain teams with Gale and Thunder. As far as Hail and Sand are concerned..... well better stay indoors lol.

@Blasphemy

That's terrible. Gale won't work in anything other than Rain I mean. It's really terrible and really kinda dumb. I mean yes, it not working in the sun is obvious but what about sand and hail. Gale should have different effects in those like changing the type from Flying to Rock/Ice (Or better yet dual type attack. ULTIMA!!!!) That's my rant and I'm sticking to it. lol

Well dragonite can still be partially abused in the sun with Fire Blast and Dragon typing while being on major rain teams with Gale and Thunder. As far as Hail and Sand are concerned..... well better stay indoors lol.

Are you implying that Focus Blast-level accuracy is too low to even be considered usable?

I would like to introduce you to a good friend named Gengar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)