Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ive now got the idea of rnging fishing pokemon, now lol when using sweet scent on water is the frame advancements the same as dppt? if not what is it?

Thankyou :)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah thats fine..but when I input 600 calib delay and my target delay and seconds in toast's timer the first timer runs out before I can start the game..(me using an AR). Any way to prevent this ???

Should I input the seconds of my entry time in the game in the calib second or the actual one ??
iFly is right.. it's kinda pointless to use an AR in this case. For future reference though, the timer is set to automatically add a minute if the first time falls below 14.6 seconds. This is pretty much the fastest you can get into the game. For using an AR, I incorporated the "add minute" feature that lets you add it manually.

A tip on ID/SID abuse, put the target second on the timer 3 seconds before the one you're actually looking for. This is because it takes approximately 3 seconds after you press the A button to set the seed. Also, your calibration for ID/SID abuse isn't the same as it is for normal abuse because it takes that extra time into account as well. That should put it somewhere between 750 and 800 I think.

@Ticcyboy
I think it's +3 although I'm not sure on that.

Ticcyboy: Usually if your sweet scent advancement in grass is +2 then sweet scent in water is +3 - just to confirm toast :)

I was RNGing at the Trophy Garden for Eevee, and Eevee was on encounter slot 6. Even though I hit my seed and did the right number of advancements, I got a Staravia. What happened? :(

Ammar_a_99: Different seeds you land on will affect the RNG frame advancements of the NPCS differently too, so your way of abusing for the Togepi egg will not work. What you should do is first land on your delay consistently using toastplusone's timer to have a good time that you can consistently land on and then work to get the frame right. It's not an easy matter on a cart and will take you many resets - for me it took about 20+ times landing on the right delay to get the right frame, but it's worth it in the end imo ^^
yeahh I noticed that landing on the same seed again results in the same NCP behaviour.
Also where can I find toastplusone's timer and instructions on how to use it, if I need any?
Yeah it is worth it in the end i guess. :P

@Bakus: Not using syncher's. Don't really have any. Probably should, I know, but either way, every search I've done I had it unchecked.

@Canelo: Thanks, but no need. Found a legit Method K seed. Too bad it's frame 498. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU. . .!!!

@Bakus: Not using syncher's. Don't really have any. Probably should, I know, but either way, every search I've done I had it unchecked.

@Canelo: Thanks, but no need. Found a legit Method K seed. Too bad it's frame 498. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU. . .!!!
Lolololol now try to advance to frame 498 with Joey calls...then! And only then
Are you able to tell me that the frame is too high :)
And idk what you mean with legit...legit as in tight, or legit as in o.O
Just use the radio and everything will be fine ,y'kno, like usual

Synchronizers don't change the nature of a spread, they just advance the RNG until a spread with the correct nature is found - the spread you hit would be the next Hasty spread after the flawless Timid (?) spread. You can't change the nature of a spread.
There are no flawless Hasty spreads; you'll have to settle for a slightly less than flawless one.
So then I guess there is no point of having synchronizers. Is that right?

Violent Lucidity: PokeRNG is not wrong then. Most likely the spreads its given you is with a synchronizer only. For catching things, make sure you have synchronizers at the ready because it makes your life much easier. If you try any of those "bad" seeds that you originally had and include a synchronizer, then I bet it would turn up results :)

Ammar_a_99: http://www.filefront.com/user/ToastPlusOne
It's pretty self explanatory imo. If you have trouble with it, thena sk here :)

Ammar_a_99: http://www.filefront.com/user/ToastPlusOne
It's pretty self explanatory imo. If you have trouble with it, thena sk here :)
Thanks, I ended up finding it myself instead and I've been using it, it's a really good timer. xD
It just takes ages to hit the right seed lol, and takes longer to verify the seed without elm calls. Thats the only problem. Oh and NPCs are annoying me :P

btw does pressing x to use the menu, or even selecting and exiting different things in the menu, or exiting the menu advance the frame at all because I'm sometimes getting wierd results such as a frame of 4 :S ?

Violent Lucidity: PokeRNG is not wrong then. Most likely the spreads its given you is with a synchronizer only. For catching things, make sure you have synchronizers at the ready because it makes your life much easier. If you try any of those "bad" seeds that you originally had and include a synchronizer, then I bet it would turn up results :)
Following the RNG reporter frames of which method, then? 1 or K?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks, I ended up finding it myself instead and I've been using it, it's a really good timer. xD
It just takes ages to hit the right seed lol, and takes longer to verify the seed without elm calls. Thats the only problem. Oh and NPCs are annoying me :P
Thanks!

btw does pressing x to use the menu, or even selecting and exiting different things in the menu, or exiting the menu advance the frame at all because I'm sometimes getting wierd results such as a frame of 4 :S ?
No. It has no effect on the frame. NPCs like to advance things even when you're ridiculously fast.

I'd like to concur with Ammar here for the umpteenth time and say best timer yet Toast! :)

Violent Lucidity: Synchronizers can not be use in doing method 1, so in your case I was referring to method K. Synchronizers make your life easier, so if you do need one, I'm sure someone in the Simples thread can help you out :)

Yeah Bakus, I've used emloop, then pika timer and then back to emloop again because pika timer was counting down abit faster than normal for some reason. . . and now i use Toastplusone's timer. I really like the calibrating delay self-adjust thingy :D I had to kinda do it myself before on other timers. It's very helpful. I've never even calibrated on my HG and this timer has made me come to know my calib delay is about 496-ish. Oh and the beeps thing is interestingly very useful too compared to beeps of other timers :D

...Grrr NPCs have obviously either learnt extremespeed, or trick room is in effect in the pokemart! :P
They don't even move and the frame is advanced :( so annoying, I've only hit the right seed twice and the NPCs ruined it for me :(
Thanks for the help though guys :D

I have another question or two regarding later on in the game, but i'll ask those once ive got past this first!!

Hello guys..Can anyone help achieve my delay because i am having trouble..

Seed:E100026D
Frame:78
Delay:610
Game:Platinum
IV Capture of a magikarp

I tried Pilka timer but with no success

Toast++

Hello guys..Can anyone help achieve my delay because i am having trouble..

Seed:E100026D
Frame:78
Delay:610
Game:Platinum
IV Capture of a magikarp

I tried Pilka timer but with no success
You're going to want to post your calibrated seconds/delay as well. That way we can get a look at what you were hitting and tell you what to change.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey toast in your timer for ID/SID abuse in the calibrated second do I give the seconds it takes for me to normally enter my game or the second at which I get out of the TV sequence ????????

Toast++

Hey toast in your timer for ID/SID abuse in the calibrated second do I give the seconds it takes for me to normally enter my game or the second at which I get out of the TV sequence ????????
It's all a long way around to an entirely separate number, so it doesn't really matter. Just put in something like 14 calibrated seconds, 750 calibrated delay and adjust for whatever you actually hit. Remember to leave your timer target 3 seconds before your target in RNG reporter.

So then I guess there is no point of having synchronizers. Is that right?
Synchronizers can reduce the frame of a spread, but more importantly, make a spread that's normally impossible to reach with method J/K reachable. For example, the flawless spread with seed d2140289 is normally unreachable using method J, but a Timid synchronizer lets you reach it on frame 73.

The way the game works is like this:
When you encounter a wild Pokémon (including legendaries), the game rolls a random number between 0 and 24 - this becomes the wild Pokémon's nature. It then repeatedly generates Pokémon (technically just the PIDs) until it finds one with the correct nature (it doesn't actually modify the nature directly). This means that if there's another spread with the same nature as the one you're aiming at a few frames earlier, and no RNG value in between that tells the game to aim for your nature, the spread is unreachable.
A synchronizer simply gives you a 50% chance of having the random nature replaced by that of the synchronizer. That way, you can aim for a frame just before your spread (but after the one with the same nature), and have a 52% chance of the game selecting the correct nature (and hence hitting your spread).
It's a bit more complicated than this (for example, you specifically have to hit either an odd or even frame), but that's the basic gist.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's all a long way around to an entirely separate number, so it doesn't really matter. Just put in something like 14 calibrated seconds, 750 calibrated delay and adjust for whatever you actually hit. Remember to leave your timer target 3 seconds before your target in RNG reporter.
Why ????? Do you mean like if my RNG reporter target is 50 seconds, I put 47 seconds in your timer and hit that delay ??? But wont that give me a wrong delay ????

Toast++

Why ????? Do you mean like if my RNG reporter target is 50 seconds, I put 47 seconds in your timer and hit that delay ??? But wont that give me a wrong delay ????
I know it sounds weird, but this is how I did it just recently. What happens is that the ID/SID is set about 3 seconds after you hit the A button. It is impossible to target that exact time because it's not set when you hit the button but rather a fixed period of time afterwards. The time at that point is what matters, not when you hit the button.

tl;dr trust me, it works =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)