Every Breath You Take

I made this team recently and I've been fairly successful with it (I think I'm at 4 on the ladder as of this writing, but I haven't been on today). Most of the games I've lost have been due to bad play more than the team, and when I found problems -- Breloom, Suicune -- I couldn't come up with a way to deal with it without ruining the team's synergy. It's so weirdly built that I feel it could be better, however, so I thought I'd post a quick RMT to get some opinions on it. I don't have much time and a lot of the team is pretty self-evident so hopefully the short descriptions are okay. (If not, just let me know and I'll expand them. I'll probably expand them later one way or another.)

At a Glance

Teambuilding

I'd made a team with a Scarf Scizor lead before, but the rest of the team was just a FWG core with Jirachi and Tyranitar and it wasn't much good and put it to the back of my mind. However, seeing Bad Ass tear the ladder up with it a week ago inspired me. While he used it to build momentum for an offensive team, getting rid of Starmie and Gengar for his slower team, I wanted to really abuse it.

I wanted pokemon that wrecked Skarmory, Forretress, and Gliscor. I needed a pokemon to kill Sash Azelfs after Scizor's U-turn. This core was at the back of my head from a Smog article and it felt like it perfectly fit my needs.

To round the team out, I felt like I needed a reliable switch into Heatran: a bulky water. Furthermore, I needed a phazer for the ChestoRest Kingdra, which nothing else could handle. Vaporeon is one of the best partners for Tyranitar, baiting Rotom-h and passing Wishes to a pokemon without recovery. Since 4/5 of my pokemon were grounded and 2/5 were weak to Toxic Spikes, I decided I needed Rapid Spin on whatever I had SR on, which meant Donphan or Forretress. Looking for a definitive reason to use Forretress, I noticed a problem with offensive Suicune. Its access to Toxic Spikes gave me a definitive reason to use the better pokemon. Forretress pairs well with Vaporeon as well, moreso because of the Toxic Spikes.

Ultimately, I realized that Skarmory is one of the main pokemon Forretress sets up on, making Magnezone redundant. I was having a lot of problems with Scarf Flygon given my lack of an EQ resistance beyond Gengar, which dies to every other attack. I also noticed I had nothing I wanted to switch into lead Specsdos, since half the use of Magnezone is the surprise and Tyranitar is far too valuable to take 33% on turn one. So I threw Flygon on. I didn't have anything that really benefited from Scizor's ability to eliminate Starmie and Gengar either, beyond Gengar, which made my decision either: Starmie and Gengar are Mixgon's worst enemies, and Fire Blast handles steel types just as well.

Then, I got annoyed easily Vaporeon was beaten by Explosion or Toxic or Toxic Spikes. Or Will-o-Wisp, even. Pretty much every status is a death sentence to it. I decided to replace it with Suicune, who plays roughly the same role with less utility but less hassle. I wasn't passing many Wishes either, partly because I didn't want to risk Tyranitar so early and partly because everything hits Vaporeon too hard to give me the opportunity. I considered Gyarados, but felt there would be times I needed Suicune to take an electric attack and that Gyarados is too easily surprised by a random HP Electric or Thunderpuch or Thunderpunch.

And that's the team.

In Detail

Every Step (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Scarf Scizor isn't a common lead for good reason: it has barely any favorable matchups and can't set up hazards. But, its few favorable matchups -- Azelf and Starmie -- are so favorable that it certainly has a niche, and U-turn is one of the best moves in the game. Unlike most leads, this Scizor is meant to build momentum while making it untouched to the midgame, but it can randomly start the battle off 5-0. And, while Superpower can't kill Heatran, just weakening it is incredibly useful because of my Forretress. It's not a risk I'll take lightly, because this team has problems with Starmie and Gengar without Scizor, but I have a chance of starting the game at an advantage even in my most disadvantageous matchup. The only problem I have with it is that it's very transparent it's Scarfed and I've been tempted to switch its position with Forretress at times, but I can't afford to use a lead that's at a disadvantage against Starmie and I need Gyro Ball on Forretress for the midgame.

As for the team as a whole, Scizor's job is to get rid of Starmie and Gengar. If I see Starmie as a lead, I'll often Pursuit to trade Scizor for it, but there's nothing in OU that I can't take advantage of on a U-turn. In the midgame, it comes in occasionally to weaken the opposing core or get kills with Pursuit. As the fastest pokemon on my team, it even cleans lategame. While not its best set, Scarf Scizor is highly underrated and underused.

Although U-turn is its only move most of the time, some lead matchups to illustrate how the rest of the team works with it:
Azelf: U-turn to Tyranitar if it doesn't kill, to Flygon (to bluff Scarf) if it does.
Aerodactyl: U-turn to Forretress.
Swampert: U-turn to Forretress.
Machamp: U-turn to Suicune, usually. They often Payback and I can't afford to risk Gengar; Suicune can stall it out or weaken it if that happens. If they DynamicPunch, I assume they'll do it again and go to Gengar, which I'll sac for some damage since it's less valuable than Suicune. Thankfully they're less common now.
Metagross: U-turn to Forretress.
Jirachi: U-turn to Forretress or Tyranitar. I've been seeing ones with Fire Punch lately, so switching to Suicune is a safe option.
Infernape: U-turn to Suicune.
Roserade: U-turn to Suicune and go to Gengar, usually. Or U-turn to Gengar.
Hippowdon: U-turn to Forretress.
Tyranitar: U-turn, go from there.
Heatran: U-turn to Suicune or Flygon. Superpower if I'm looking to play risky.
Smeargle: U-turn to Suicune, then go to Forretress or Scizor.
Uxie: U-turn to Forretress or Tyranitar.
Starmie: U-Turn to Flygon or Pursuit.

Every Breath (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Gengar provides several important immunities and resistances to the team to the team; the entire team is neutral or weak to ground and fighting and nothing else can take on Breloom. Moreover, Gengar takes advantage of the Gliscor that often switch into Scizor, forcing the opponent to reveal and weaken the rest of his team instead. Its speed can be essential against fast threats that Scizor can't eliminate, like Zapdos, Infernape, and opposing Flygon. It can also block spins though I don't make use of the fact often, since I don't have Spikes and Gengar is one of the most valuable members of the team. However, there have been moments where I've been thankful for it, with an almost-dead Gengar and Flygon needing SR to sweep. In addition to its typing and ability, Gengar has great offensive synergy with the team. After Tyranitar or Flygon weaken Skarmory, it's open season on most teams. Gengar deals with Blissey, making predicting around Flygon significantly more difficult. The team deals exceptionally with pokemon faster than it, trapping Starmie, opposing Gengar, and Jolteon, making it even more difficult to stop. Sandstorm and Toxic Spikes make it difficult for anything to take a hit.

The set and EVs are standard; Subsplit Gengar is so common for good reason. I considered an Explosion variant when first adding it but Gengar's role is to fill the holes in my team rather than open ones in the opponent's. While using such a predictable set is annoying at times, its longevity and utility more than make up for it.

Watching You (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 SDef / 120 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit

Though Tyranitar's offenses see more light than its defenses, it has amazing special bulk in sand. Tyranitar's role is to switch into the special threats Suicune can't handle, like Zapdos, Jolteon, and Rotom-H. With Pursuit, it traps the latter two, paving the way for Gengar and Flygon and allowing Forretress to spin. Tyranitar is also my only check to threats like Superachi, weakening it for Scizor. In the endgame, if Flygon is down, it takes care of WishCM Jirachi as well. Though the team benefits more from Tyranitar's defenses than its offenses, few teams are truly prepared for CBtar. While it may seem strange to have a choice item on such a key defensive member, the Choice Band lets it hit hard through burn and softens the other team for Flygon and Gengar. I'm continually impressed by its power and durability, and it gets me out of situations I never would have thought it'd be useful in; for example, in one battle, I used it to break Gyarados/Hitmontop/Rotom-H by double-switching into Hitmontop and Rotom-H. The sandstorm it provides is also instrumental in wearing down opposing grass and water types.

While this is arguably the most essential member of the team, there's one big problem I have with it: its longevity. I often have trouble bringing it into play in the early game for fear of weakening it, and there are times I don't have Sandstorm when I need it. Because of that, and SubRoost Zapdos, I've been considering a variant with Rest. At the same time, it's not effective without Pursuit, Crunch, and Stone Edge, so I couldn't use a conventional Cursetar. I'm considering just replacing Aqua Tail with Rest at the moment, SubRoost Zapdos is so frustrating to play against, but that feels a bit extreme. I'm also considering Fire Punch over Aqua Tail, to more reliably beat Forretress and Scizor, but I'm not sure.

The EVs are standard, with the HP EVs in SpD. This is my preference because investment in SpD doubles in Sandstorm while investment in HP stays constant, but I use it to tank Scarf Flygon's Outrage often enough that I should probably change them.

Every Move (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Roar

This was originally Vaporeon, but I got tired of how useless it is after any status. I needed a reliable switch into Heatran in this spot, as Tyranitar is too important to recklessly weaken, and I had trouble keeping Vaporeon alive against any team with Toxic Spikes or any Heatran with Will-o-Wisp or Toxic. The Wish support for Tyranitar was nice, but Vaporeon was so frail I rarely managed it. Not only that, Vaporeon was my way of dealing with threats like Kingdra and Gyarados, meaning I randomly lost a lot of games. While there's something to be said for good play, I noticed Suicune filled all of the roles Vaporeon did without any of the hassle. Gyarados was my first thought, but while Intimidate was nice, the 4x weakness made it too much of a liability. Suicune can take the stray HP Electric like a champ and, despite its reliance on Rest, lasts far longer than Vaporeon. To give a sense of its colossal bulk, Heatran's Explosion does 50% without LO. It's a weird set on such an offensive team, but it really holds the team together. In the middle game, it scouts and harasses. In the endgame, it sits there and Surfs until everything's dead. As a phazer, it guarantees I never lose to anything stupid like Ninjask and keeps pokemon like Dragonite from instantly running me over. The unusually fast Roar has won me games. I've been considering Gyarados because of how annoying Breloom is, however.

The EVs are standard, preferring physical bulk to take hits from Machamp and Snorlax. Sleep Talk/Roar is unusual, but too many pokes 4HKO Suicune for me to be comfortable running Rest without Sleep Talk. With luck it can Roar Gyarados before it can Rest, too. The 8 speed EVs are to give it a faster Sleep Talk than Crocune and a faster Roar than other Suicune. It's only helped once but I'm a big fan of investing in speed, because it's the only stat in which one point can win a game.

A Single Day (Flygon) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mixgon takes full advantage of the absence of Starmie and Gengar, the two main pokemon faster than it. It's surprisingly powerful and a lot of teams are weak to it. The speed lets it beat Timid Suicune and the rest went into power. It's typing is incredibly useful as well, giving me something to take Specsdos's Tbolts and an offensive switch into Heatran. It often forces Scarf Flygons to Outrage, giving me games. It's Mild > Rash because I rarely have it take physical hits relative to special, though it backfires occasionally.

Every Bond (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

Forretress takes advantage of the Metagross and Skarmory that nothing else on my team really can. Toxic Spikes are essential for Suicune and Blissey, to the point where I often get them up first. Forretress was really a perfect pokemon, since I needed something with SR, Toxic Spikes, and Rapid Spin. I have Gyro Ball > Payback for something to hit DDnite and DDtar with, since Tyranitar can deal with Rotom and most people play around Payback anyway. Mixed EVs to help it take EQs.

Threats
I don't think the team would benefit from a full threat list because how fluid play with it is, but these are some pokemon to watch out for:

Breloom - Nothing on this team can afford to be asleep from the get-go, and it switches into half the team for free. Nothing switches into it except Gengar, which is often weakened. Manageable with good play, but a well-played Breloom is an absolute nightmare.
Gyarados - I don't care about most, but Taunt-DD versions have been really popular lately for some reason. I can pretty much only get Sandstorm up and Surf it to death with Suicune, Roaring if my opponent isn't conservative. Forretress can live a Waterfall and +6 and kill with Gyro Ball if it's healthy, but that only works 80% of the time. Weirdly, Suicune gets the job done much of the time.
Suicune - I only care about the ones with HP Electric but those are the most common, so it's not much consolation. I need TSpikes up and Sandstorm up and I need to hit it as it switches in. The problem is that it usually switches in on Forretress as I TSpike, but a lot of players prefer to bring Heatran in if they don't know the team. If that happens, I'll go to Suicune to tank an HP Electric and Roar.
Dragonite - Barely manageable with lucky play and proper sacrificing, but incredibly difficult.
Zapdos - Most are handled by Tyranitar via Pursuit or Crunch, but SubRoost variants are difficult to kill and can singlehandedly win the game when paired with Forretress, as they're faster than Flygon and nothing else on the team likes Thunderbolt.

Import
NICKNAMES MANDATORY
Every Step (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Every Breath (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Watching You (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 SDef / 120 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Pursuit

Every Move (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Roar

A Single Day (Flygon) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Earthquake

Every Bond (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

Conclusions
Thanks in advance for any advice!

I have played you a number of times on the ladder, and I really like the look of it. Whenever I used a team with Suicune, you had some major issues though. On one of my teams, my Suicune was offensive with Roar, and you weren't able to do much, especially since you were unable to get Stealth Rock up. Other than that, its a really cool team!

Unfortunately, there is no immediate solution. If you were to give your Suicune Calm Mind, you could Calm Mind alongside opposing Suicune and phaze them. With Ice Beam, Breloom would become even less of an issue. Another option is Substitute Rotom-W over Gengar, but this cannot OHKO +1 offensive Suicune, and they can KO you after a bit of prior damage. By replacing Gengar, you also enhance your Breloom issues.

When I first saw this team, I noticed that a Spikes Roserade would fit very well over Forretress, but this leaves you without a user of Stealth Rock, as Roserade beats Suicune relatively reliably, as well as paralysing switch-ins such as Skarmory and Heatran, letting Tyranitar 2HKO the former with Stone Edge before it can Roost, and outrun the latter.

Finally, I decided that the best course of action would be a Celebi over Gengar. You mentioned that you don't exactly throw Gengar in to protect against Rapid Spin. The most common Rapid Spinner is Life Orb Starmie, and teams using it will often forego another bulky-water, which means Toxic Spikes are less useful against teams packing Starmie. If you can double switch to Scizor on Starmie, you should have no problem anyway.

Celebi functions as an excellent Suicune counter and a solid switch-in to both Gyarados and Breloom. While it doesn't have Gengar's immunities to fighting- and ground-type attacks, it still carries key resistances to them. Celebi also remains a good answer to Swords Dance Lucario, who gets a number of opportunities to set-up. I'd advocate a moveset of Leaf Storm / Earth Power / Recover / Hidden Power Fire and enough Spe to outrun Jolly Lucario [180 Spe Timid]. Earth Power is needed in my opinion, as you don't want to have 3 Heatran vulnerable Pokemon. If you want to take a different spin on things, you could try a Calm Mind Celebi with Earth Power and Psychic. The only OU Pokemon that resist these two attacks are Azelf, Uxie and Skarmory. Azelf and Uxie are removed comfortably by Scizor and Tyranitar, and Skarmory is lured out by Flygon. Unfortunately without Grass Knot, Celebi has a much harder time beating Gyarados and Suicune.

Just some food for thought

Really cool team, and I like the use of Scarf Scizor lead! There are a couple of mons that are gonna be trouble for you though. First off, bulky DD+Roost Dragonite can pretty much singlehandedly beat you once it's the last Pokemon, therefore becoming un-phazeable. The other main threat I see is Breloom. Gengar, your main way of beating it, is 2HKO'd by Seed Bomb after Stealth Rock, making it a one time check to a threat that gets a ton of opportunities to safely switch in (Tyranitar, Suicune, Scizor locked into Pursuit). A quite underrated threat that I think could work extremely well here is Expert Belt Tyranitar. If your opponent has a Breloom, Tar will nearly always lure it out, allowing you to torch it with a surprise Fire Blast. It'll easily bait and kill Forretress as well so you don't have worry about switching Gengar into a potential Payback. While this'll fix the Breloom issue, you're still going to have issues with Dragonite. This is easy to fix, though - just use Ice Beam over Sleep Talk on Suicune. While it may suck to be helpless while asleep, Cune is more than bulky enough to hold its own during that time. It will help versus Nite immensely. Just some things to consider; very good team and good luck!

a lot of stuff
Thanks for the rate! I really like the Celebi idea, since it just fixes a lot of the team's weaknesses; it flatly beats Breloom, hits Gyarados hard, and gives my a super-effective attack against Suicune. My concerns are that it gives me a pokemon that Dragonite just switches in for free on and I no longer put the same pressure on teams with Gliscor, which often have a pokemon like Vaporeon as their main check to Gengar. I'll definitely give it a spin, however, and I'll almost certainly find it successful; I'm a bit uncertain about how much I like it as the primary option without other team changes.

I'm not too keen on changing Suicune since it's often asleep and there's often a situation where the chance of a Roar or Surf is invaluable (against weakened RestTalk Gyarados, is one). I'm wondering if I should put a Zapdos over Flygon or Tyranitar if I were to add Celebi (or Roserade even, for full hazards), or even use Mamoswine. Do you have an opinion on any of that?

Really cool team, and I like the use of Scarf Scizor lead! There are a couple of mons that are gonna be trouble for you though. First off, bulky DD+Roost Dragonite can pretty much singlehandedly beat you once it's the last Pokemon, therefore becoming un-phazeable. The other main threat I see is Breloom. Gengar, your main way of beating it, is 2HKO'd by Seed Bomb after Stealth Rock, making it a one time check to a threat that gets a ton of opportunities to safely switch in (Tyranitar, Suicune, Scizor locked into Pursuit). A quite underrated threat that I think could work extremely well here is Expert Belt Tyranitar. If your opponent has a Breloom, Tar will nearly always lure it out, allowing you to torch it with a surprise Fire Blast. It'll easily bait and kill Forretress as well so you don't have worry about switching Gengar into a potential Payback. While this'll fix the Breloom issue, you're still going to have issues with Dragonite. This is easy to fix, though - just use Ice Beam over Sleep Talk on Suicune. While it may suck to be helpless while asleep, Cune is more than bulky enough to hold its own during that time. It will help versus Nite immensely. Just some things to consider; very good team and good luck!
I really agree about Dragonite; the only time I really beat it is when Suicune Roars into it in the midgame and I know I really have to conserve Tyranitar (and Forretress, but it only lives to the midgame sometimes). I'm not sure how much I like throwing Ice Beam on Suicune, though; there are times when its Sleep Talks have been gamebreaking. If not the execution, the threat makes weakened Rotom and Zapdos more hesitant to switch into it. If I were to use Ice Beam, I'd put it over Surf, which actually sounds reasonable. The issue is having my only reliable Heatran switch without a move to touch Heatran. I'll keep the idea in mind, but I'd prefer a more subtle way of beating it.

I like your suggestion of Expert Belt Tyranitar. The main issue I see is that I rarely bring Tyranitar out in the earlygame, making the "baiting" aspect of it tricky to pull off. I very rarely bring it out before I do Forretress, at least. I don't have any experience with BaitTar, so maybe it'll feel natural with some play. I'll give it a spin and see how it turns out!

I've been thinking of just throwing Fire Punch > Aqua Tail, actually, since Gliscor is dealt with by Gengar and Hippowdon is free hazards. Or over Stone Edge, even.

Not much of a rate, but you can use HP Ice on Celebi. HP Fire is mostly for Scizor, who Forretress can take a hit from.

Also, liking The Police reference.

Not much of a rate, but you can use HP Ice on Celebi. HP Fire is mostly for Scizor, who Forretress can take a hit from.

Also, liking The Police reference.
I was thinking HP Fire for Forretress more, since I don't have a spinblocker without Gengar (and another pokemon Forretress can come in on with Celebi). But, HP Ice is a really solid and simple idea I wasn't thinking of; thanks!

And, it seems appropriate enough for a team based off of Pursuit, right?

I was thinking HP Fire for Forretress more, since I don't have a spinblocker without Gengar (and another pokemon Forretress can come in on with Celebi). But, HP Ice is a really solid and simple idea I wasn't thinking of; thanks!

And, it seems appropriate enough for a team based off of Pursuit, right?
Mm, that's true. I guess I'm used to Forretress not being a problem as I usually either set up on it or torch it.

So true.

Well, I peaked at #1 with this. Even if it's on a dead ladder, I'm tremendously proud of the team; I've never managed it before, and to make it with a cool concept team was really neat.

I updated most of the descriptions with walls of text and added an import section. I'd highly recommend trying the team out; it's really fun and plays very unusually. I was going to bump it after I'd finished with the last two and rewritten the introduction, but I was really excited at making #1 and got impatient.

Isn't SD Scizor a threat? After a boost it will OHKO Geng, Ttar, and Flygon with BP. Forre and Scizor can't wall it obviously since Scizor is immune to toxic spikes, and if it SDs again that is definitely game over. That leaves Suicune; you can roar it out but not before it hits you for over half your HP with bug bite. I'm not sure what the damage calc is at the moment, but I'm certain a boosted LO bug bite will definitely hit very hard so there's a good chance it'll KO as you switch into a BP after SR damage. Or you can let something die and clean switch into suicune, but it will almost die anyway, and all you've done is roared it out. Not reliable it seems either way.

Edit: I did the calc. A LO Adamant Scizor after an SD will bug bite Suicune for 70-80%.

Isn't SD Scizor a threat? After a boost it will OHKO Geng, Ttar, and Flygon with BP. Forre and Scizor can't wall it obviously since Scizor is immune to toxic spikes, and if it SDs again that is definitely game over. That leaves Suicune; you can roar it out but not before it hits you for over half your HP with bug bite. I'm not sure what the damage calc is at the moment, but I'm certain a boosted LO bug bite will definitely hit very hard so there's a good chance it'll KO as you switch into a BP after SR damage. Or you can let something die and clean switch into suicune, but it will almost die anyway, and all you've done is roared it out. Not reliable it seems either way.

Edit: I did the calc. A LO Adamant Scizor after an SD will bug bite Suicune for 70-80%.
The issue is that it's often fairly obvious what a Scizor is trying to do; the only spot it really sets up is on Forretress, at which point it's obvious that it'll SD and I can go to Scizor to weaken it with Superpower before finishing it with Suicune. It costs me a pokemon, and an important one, but it's pretty inevitable. Theoretically, it could get an SD on Flygon as I switch out, but I find that a lot of people play really safely with their sweeper and I'll often go to Scizor in those situations anyway, to scout. In the lategame, if it's paired with Starmie or Gengar and Scizor is weak, it can be a big problem, but there's still the issue of killing all my pokemon; Suicune does 40% usually, SR does at least 12%, Forretress can do another 30% or so. It takes two hits to kill Suicune and one to kill Forretress, giving it two shots at the rest of my team without recovery. Often one. Of course, there are situations when that's not possible -- say, Suicune's sleeping and Sleep Talk ruins me -- and I lose. It's definitely a weakness, but it's possible to beat with careful play. I'm not as worried about it, though, because the effluence of Heatran and offensive Suicune in the metagame check it fairly well.

If you can think of something better to check it without disrupting the general synergy of the team, I'd be happy to try it. Thanks for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)