CAP 12 CAP1 - Miscellaneous Flavor - (Height, Weight, Pokedex Entry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission

Tomohawk
Species: Imitator Pokemon

Ht. 3' 7" (hind legs)

Wt. 56.0 lbs.

Black: "A Prevoname that has achieved flight through imitation and enhanced spiritual powers. It often steals Delibird feathers for its own."

White: "It dreamed of flying after once watching a great sun bird soar across the sky. It's fur has hardened to form quills that threaten would-be attackers."

Final Submission

BLACK: Tomohawk heighten their mystical powers by using the wings that fall off of Ducklet and Swanna.

WHITE: When they eveolve, Tomohawks' mystical powers are influenced by mysterious wings that it finds on bridges.

GRAY(?): Tomohawks mysteriously lack the physical fighting skill possesed by PRECAPNAME. Insted, they focus on honing their non-contact abilities.

Height: 4'3"

Weight: 74.2 lbs
42 is the meaning of life... somehow that has to do with Tomohawk.

Not a final submission. Any opinions?

Height: 4'2" (slightly larger than Fearow)

Weight: 102.8 lbs

Entry: Its feathers come from members of its tribe. If one is threatened, the entire tribe will rush to help.

EDIT: thanks wekhter

Final Submission
Species: Fake Bird Pokemon

Height:3'9"

Weight:102lbs

Dex entry: It's numbers have fallen due to hunting. It is said that Tomohawk fight with the spirits of the forest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reasoning: I figured that this pokemon should not be too large or too heavy. The weight compared to it's size does allure to a muscle mass (fighting type)

Most BW entries are very short, i figured that the whole idea of it being hunted makes sense because of the fact that it looks like a bird from behind, it has fur and feathers which would make it a prime target for poachers, plus the dwindling numbers and the idea that it fights with the spirits of the forest give it a mysterious but also kinda tough allure to it.

Alright, my shot at this.

Tomohawk, the Cloak Pokémon.
Height: 3'5'' (Slightly taller than a meter, and comparable to many other predator birds).
Weight: 80 lbs (slightly more than the average bird, which makes sense as it is more like a mammal).

White Entry: One or two Tomohawks will distract prey with their colored cloaks, giving their cubs time to catch the prey.
Black Entry: Tribes of Tomohawk and PREVONAME often live in places connected to their ancestors.

Ugh, I forgot to ask reachzero about what he thought about one dex entry vs two or three. Oh, well:

Final Submission

Species: Chief Pokémon (idk if we're really doing this but w/e)
Height: 4' 8" (1.4 m)
Weight: 88.6 lbs (40.2 kg)

Black: This Pokémon's fur behaves like feathers, allowing it to fly. Researchers believe that a Tomohawk must hunt down a Mandibuzz to gain its tribe's favor as chieftain.

White: Tomohawk relies on the powers of nature to lead its tribe. Many have mistaken this Pokémon for a Braviary.

The height and weight are the average of the birds of prey in Unova, Braviary and Mandibuzz, since it's supposed to be able to disguise itself as a bird of prey. I replaced the moon reference because I kept being asked what it was for (I guess fewer people read my movepool's flavour explanation that I thought lol). I also tried to troll a bit in my initial submission, but I don't think anyone really got the troll and I just find it much more sensible at this point to put the Mandibuzz and Braviary references into the proper versions. In the end, I want my submission to be clear and straightforward.

Don't have a species name yet, but...

Height:
4' 2" ( Lots of fully evolved Flying & Fighting types in the Unova Dex are around four feat tall. A few examples: Braviary, Mandibuzz, Swana, Sigilyph, Throh, Sawk, Conkeldurr, and Mienshao. )

Weight: 84 lbs (I imagine Exactly Half of Tomohawk's weight comes from its feathery "cloak", while it's actual body weight is 42 pounds, which is around the same weight as smaller wild cats. Low Kick/Grass Knot have 60 base power against it.)

Entry Concpet 1:
According to Unovan mythology, Tomohawk is a mischievous trickster that obtained the ability to fly by stealing feathers from a Braviary.

Entry Concept 2: Tomohawk are social Pokemon that lead a pack of up to 12 [Pre-evo name]. Working together, they can easily hunt down prey as large as Bouffalant.

First entry is inspired by the numerous Native American legends of tricksters, while the second entry is based on the native Americans that lived on the plains of America, that frequently hunted Buffalo, hence Bouffalant. Let me know which entry you prefer.

Any suggestions on improving the grammar are highly appreciated.

Final Submission

Height
:3'07''/1.1m
Just a bit smaller than Fearow, Mandibuzz and Staraptor. I think that Tomohawk should be smaller than them because they really on their Special attacks instead of their strength.

Weight:70.5 lbs/32.0kg
About the same wight as Archeops. It's heavier than Staraptor, but lighter than Mandibuzz and Fearow.

Black:It leads a watches over a pack of Prevoname. They have been spotted flying above the group, frightening other birds away with their "coats."

White:They live in large packs, and are rarely seen alone. Each member of the group has it's proper job, from lookout to training the young to fight.

Species:Leader Pokemon

For the first entry I wanted to give a purpose to the hood, so I made it use that to fool other birds that might prey on their young. For the second entry I really wanted to show it being a team player, so I mentioned that they live in large packs and that they have to work together.

Final Submission

Height- 3'2"
Weight- 78.3 lbs.
I wanted it to be a little smaller than some of the other bird pokemon, but all of that fur would probably give it slightly more bulk, and therefore it would weigh more.

Species- Native Pokemon

Black- Tomohawks often lead packs of prevoname, helping the little ones collect feathers from birds they hunt.

White- This pokemon is almost never seen alone. It is usually accompanied by a group of prevonames it is training to hunt.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Species: Chieftain Pokemon
Height: 4' 2'' / 1.27 m (Taller than Mandibuzz, smaller than Braviary and Archeops)
Weight: 82 lbs / 37.2 kgs (Heavier than Archeops, lighter than Mandibuzz and Braviary)

Black: It is rumored they once used their shamanistic powers to help an ancient civilization cope with life in the desert.

White: Until only a few years ago they were thought to be extinct. Now researchers believe they were merely mourning the lose of an ancient city.

~I really enjoyed the whole ancient desert civilization back story in Unova and I thought Tomohawk fit right in. Also the idea of Tomohawk helping the ancient peoples adapt to desert life is a reference to the Native Americans teaching the Pilgrims to cope with life in the new country.

Species: Tribe Elder Pokemon
Height: 3' 0''
Weight: 70 lbs

- A wise leader, it is very protective of its tribe of PREVONAME. It's bond with nature is second to none.

- Despite being an Elder of the tribe, it hasn't lost any of it's youth and spirit. It is happy to play practical jokes.

Not a final submission. Any opinions?

Height: 4"2 (slightly larger than Fearow)

Entry: Its feathers come from member's of its tribe. If one is threatened, the entire tribe will rush to help.
Man, I just noticed this but 4"2 is four inches 2 (nothing). I'm pretty sure you mean 4'2".

Also there should be no apostrophe in members.

Species: Tribal Lion Pokemon
Height: 3' 7"
Weight: 87.93 lbs

BLACK:Tomohawk is a fierce fighter who will do anything to get to a plump and delicious Delibird.

WHITE:Tomohawk protects its loved ones with its life

Not quite final yet.

Species: Gryphon Pokemon
Height: 3'10" (1.17 m)
Weight: 91.3 lbs (41.41 kg)

Dex Entries:

Black: Its magnificent coat of feathers scares off would-be predators. It is fully in tune with nature.

White: Tomohawk will protect its young with its life. Despite its position of great power, it still retains its childlike playfulness.

Gray: Tomohawk stole its feathers from other Bird Pokemon as a test of maturity. It has achieved spiritual purity.

final submission

Height: 4'2"
Entry: Its feathers come from members of its tribe. If one is threatened, the entire tribe will rush to help.

Final submission

Height: 3'5''
Weight: 80.4 lbs

White Entry: One or two Tomohawks will distract prey with their colored cloaks, giving their cubs the opportunity to catch the prey.
Black Entry: Tribes of Tomohawk and PREVONAME often live in places connected to their ancestors.
Gray Entry: Groups of Tomohawk and PREVONAME often live in caves where UNOWN and SIGILYPH live too.

Final submission

Height: 3'5''
Weight: 80.4 lbs

White Entry: One or two Tomohawks will distract prey with their colored cloaks, giving their cubs the opportunity to catch the prey.
Gray Entry: Groups of Tomohawk and PREVONAME often live in caves where UNOWN and SIGILYPH live too.
I like this one, but I don't think it's necessary to put a Gray Dex Entry...

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission (meh)

Species: Masquerade Pokemon
Height: 3'3"
Weight: 65.5 lbs

Black: Their plumage shines like snapdragons in the midday sun. When boiled with potatoes, cabbage, and mint sauce, they make a rather tasty broth that can be used to cure paraesthesia and seal cracks in cement.

White: They are expert hunters and trackers, and are also very capable harpsichord players. They clean their feathers by staring at them, and their stomach acid can digest concrete. Nobody is really sure why.

Final Submission

Final Submission

Species: The Hybrid Pokemon
Height: 4'2''
Weight: 80.6 lbs

White: This Pokemon was revered by ancient civilizations for its combination of feline cunning and avian quickness.

Black: Appearing in many myths, ancient civilizations thought it was a chimera that controlled both the earth and heavens.

Third Game: It is said to have mystical powers. According to the myths, finding one of its quills brings good luck for a year.

Final Submission

Species:
Ruse Pokemon
Height: 4' 9" / 1.22 m
Weight: 70 lbs / 31.8 kg

Black: It is often mistaken for a giant Fearow when seen from below.
White: While it is normally serious and imtimidating when with its pack of PREEVONAME and other Tomohawk it is a prankster and plays tricks on others.
Grey: It often steals quills and feathers from suseptable Sigilyph and Delibird.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Random Things: Has hollow bones to enable flight (reason for it light weight) (the heaviest bird capable of flight is accually 42 pounds but with Tomohawk's strong muscles I think he can support 70 lbs).

Final Submission
Species:
The Tribal Feline Pokemon
Height: 4' 4"
Weight: 84.2 lbs (Grass knot & Low kick have 60 base power against 'Mohawk.)

-Conkeldurr is 4' 7"
-Sawk is 4' 7"
-Throh is 4' 3"
-Mienshao is 4' 7"
-Keldeo is 4' 7"
-Tornadus, Thundurus, & Landorus are 4' 11"
-Sigilyph is 4' 7"
-Archeops is 4' 7" (Holy cow, tons of Unovan Pokemon are this height!)
-Swana is 4' 3"
-Braviary is 4' 11"
-Mandibuzz is 3' 11"

Pokedex entries:

White:
Ancient people believed that Tomohawk was a mischievous trickster that obtained it's flight powers by stealing the feathers of Sigilyph.

Black: A social Pokemon that leads a pack of [Pre-evo name]s. Working together, they can easily hunt down prey as large as Bouffalant.

Third Game:
It can use mystic powers to summon intense winds strong enough to send a truck flying.

Notes on my 'Dex entries:

I went with the word pack instead of tribe for my Black Dex for three reasons:
1) Tribe sounded too much like a human group, and not a group of wild Pokemon.
2) A group of animals that hunt in the wild are usually called packs.
Throh's White Entry:

When they encounter foes bigger than themselves, they try to throw them. They always travel in packs of five.
Mightyena's Black/White Entry:

It chases down prey in a pack. It will never disobey the commands of a skilled Trainer.

[B said:
Tornadus' White 'Dex entry[/B]]Tornadus expels massive energy from its tail, causing severe storms. Its power is great enough to blow houses away.[/quote]

Pidgeot's Black/White 'Dex entry said:

By flapping its wings with all its might, Pidgeot can make a gust of wind capable of bending tall trees.
Seismitoad's White 'Dex entry said:
It increases the power of its punches by vibrating the bumps on its fists. It can turn a boulder to rubble with one punch.

and
Scrafty's White Dex entry said:
It can smash concrete blocks with its kicking attacks. The one with the biggest crest is the group leader.
[B said:

Final Submission

Guess I'll give this a shot.
Tomohak, the gryphon pokemon
Height: 3'6"

Weight: 98 lbs

Black: it's fur has hardened into feather-like quills, allowing it to fly. It has a "wingspan" of over 6 feet.

White: it acts as the leader of a pack of prevoname, scouting for prey from above.

man, it seems like everyone is trying this. Reachzero, I do not envy you the task of thinning this herd. Anyway, I tried to keep this relatively simple. I made one entry about it's physical traits and one about it's personality. Classification is based off of it's appearance, and height and weight ballparked off of other people's suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)