Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll ref the multi battle whenever the last person shows up. =D (This means PM me your teams, the four of you.)

Also SDS, are we still getting the combo arena thing into motion? (Just a reminder to PM your team!)

3v3 Singles
2 Recovers/5 chills

Arena: The Boiler Room
A boiler room. It is quite dark, and the loud noise of the boilers blocks all noise-based moves. There is a large boiler machine on the west wall. If touched once, it will inflict the lowest-degree burn, which will increase for every successive touch. If water attacks are used on it until the combined base power of the water moves are 10 (hydro pump straightaway, Water Gun takes 3 before it works) it will the lose the burn ability and will release a cloud of steam that works like smokescreen and lasts for three rounds.

Alrighty, I might as well throw out a challenge to get my battle count up to three. I'm still very noobish, and will only be using starter pokes.

2v2 Doubles
2 Recoveries/5 Chills

Arena: Viridian Forest

Thats right, it's that dim dark forest your first stumbled your way through playing Red and Blue as a kid. The field itself is about 20 feet square and otherwise surrounded by dense forest. Should a poke be pushed into the woods or a move fire into it then one of the wild inhabitants will attack the mon that unwittingly disturbed it. The inhabitants, their attacks attacks and chances of appearance are:

Caterpie 30% - String Shot (no damage, lowers Speed by * for 1 round)
Weedle 30% - Poison Sting (4 damage poison type, 10% chance to poison)
Pidgey 20% - Gust (6 damage flying type)
Pikachu 15% - Thundershock (6 damage electric type, 10% chance to paralyse)
Pigeotto 5% - Featherdance (no damage, lowers Attack by ** for one round)

Who is game?

I want YOU in a STREET BRAWL!!!

All of your non-RPing pokemon are sent out at once, and pokemon issue only two actions per round. Fight until only one side is left standing.

1 Recovery/2 Chills per pokemon
2/3 Days DQ for battlers/ref (Note: I will be out of town thursday-saturday, so I may miss the DQ this weekend; I hope this is okay)
Arena: Standard Tropical island; palm trees, sand, medium sized rocks on the beach, ocean, etc. It is permanently Sunny; however, due to the very moist air, fire attacks are not powered up by the sun (solarbeam still doesn't require a charge turn, sun-based abilities still are activated, etc.).

Good luck!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

3v3 Singles Triples
2 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Chills/5 Recoveries per Pokemon
No evolved mons, no mid-battle evolutions.

Arena: Oasis Arena
It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.
Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here.

I'd like my opponent & the referee to be reasonably active throughout the battle, as I don't want the battle to last 1-2 months...

Anyways, anyone willing to battle?

I'll accept, IAR, but you'd have to be okay with the next 2 weeks being a bit flexible with the DQ counter, as I'm going overseas and will have iffy connection to the internet until the 20th. I'm really trying to get evo and KO counters for my pokes ;-;. In any case, long story short, I accept your challenge if you accept the fact that the next two weeks will be sorta difficult for posting. It's fine if you reject it, as I understand that you could get impatient.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
^Yeah, like I said in the VM, if you're going away for two weeks, then I wouldn't recommend accepting.

i.e. Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to reject it since you are going to be busy. Good luck on your trip, though! :)

EDIT: So, anyone willing to battle that is going to be active?

3v3 Singles
2 Recovers/5 chills

A boiler room. It is quite dark, and the loud noise of the boilers blocks all noise-based moves. There is a large boiler machine on the west wall. If touched once, it will inflict the lowest-degree burn, which will increase for every successive touch. If water attacks are used on it until the combined base power of the water moves are 10 (hydro pump straightaway, Water Gun takes 3 before it works) it will the lose the burn ability and will release a cloud of steam that works like smokescreen and lasts for three rounds.
I don't think anyone ever accepted this, so I will use my third match to participate.

Switch = KO
No items
All abilities

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
3v3 Singles
2 Recovers/5 chills

I don't think anyone ever accepted this, so I will use my third match to participate.

Switch = KO
No items
All abilities
Send teams, yadda, yadda, yadda, CAP ASB's most error-prone ref is going to ref this, with an error making rate of 3 errors per round so send me your squads

2 battle requests coming up!

1v1 singles
no recovers, 5 chills
Arena: a grassy field with no other brush.

2v2 doubles
no recovers, no chills
Arena: same as above
Other notes: Cutemons allowed only (aka NFEs)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can we please have a new ref for this match? Doominic abandoned us and didn't respond to my pm.
I'd give him until nighttime today to respond back. If he doesn't, then anyone else up to it can go subref it. 4 days of absences without any word of what's going on doesn't really help.

Actually, I'll just do it. 4 days has been over the DQ of the match anyway. Sorry Doominic!

I'm giving him a grace period though. I'll be back at around 7:00 PM, PST due to college. If he responds, then that would be awesome.

edit: I saw his VM. Good thing I'm lazy. I'll give him tomorrow.

2 battle requests coming up!

1v1 singles
no recovers, 5 chills
Arena: a grassy field with no other brush.

2v2 doubles
no recovers, no chills
Arena: same as above
Other notes: Cutemons allowed only (aka NFEs)
Been wanting to try some doubles again, so I'll take this! I'm full up with that though so the singles is still open

Switch = lol
No items
All abilities

Seeking ref!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)