EV: 252 HP, 252 SDef , 4 Def

Moveset:

Scald
Protect
Encore
Toxic

Item: Leftovers

Comments:

This bulky toad is usually my lead to induce rain at the beginning of the battle but I have to see whether there are potential threats on the opponent team that most likely OHKO my weather inducer. If thats the case, my other offensive pokemon would do the lead and I would switch to Politoed when I have the chance to so as to gain a free turn by making the opponent switch(predict). [e.g Opponent switches to Ninetales, then next turn I would throw out Politoed to cancel the Drought.] On the other hand, this thing is not really of use to me so its a status-absorber and punching bag for my transition switches.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

Scizor:

Nature: Adamant

Evs: 252 Hp, 40 atk, 216 SDef

Moveset:

Bullet Punch
Swords Dance
Bug bite
Roost

Item:Life Orb

Comments: This is my bulky sweeper and Im kinda protective of it.(As in I wont let it die easily and its my Offensive core) I favour this scizor a lot as it really sweeped many teams as a pokemon that can turn the tables around when Im losing. Not really much comment for this but just saying, I dont intend to replace this but I may still be persuaded and suggestions are still welcomed.

Swampert:

Nature: Relaxed

Evs: 240 HP, 216 Def, 52 SDef

Moveset:

Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Ice Beam
Roar

Item:Leftovers

Comments: Swampert is for electric atk switch-ins and to set up stealth rock during the free turn the opponent switched out. This bulky guy also takes on pokemon like heatran with STAB EQ and make dragons switch out due to the fear of ice beam. In addition, it takes stone edge quite well as well. Swampert is mainly the defensive core in the team as it walls quite well. It phazes out pokemon using subs and status boost with roar, which is preety handy at most times since it can survive a hit usually.

Breloom:

Nature: Adamant

Evs: 12 HP, 252 Atk, 244 Spd

Moveset: Substitute
Focus Punch
Seed Bomb
Spore

Item: Toxic Orb

Comments: This set is rather common in the 4th gen and I guess it still works here but not as easy as before to set up.(Well, perhaps only me becoz usually breloom gets K.Oed before I can set up or do anything with it) Spore,Substitue and Focus Punching to punch holes into opponent teams such as ferrothorn, tyranitar . Seed Bomb for Swampert, Gastrodon and Quagsire.

Dragonite:

Nature: Modest

Evs: 224 HP, 32 Spd, 252 SpA

Item: Leftovers

Moveset: Hurricane
Thunder
Roost
Brick Break

Comments: This bulky dragonite is to punch holes into enemies at early game if Politoed leads with Drizzle by spamming Thunder and paralysing enemies or hurricane to confuse enemies. Brick break is for the element of surprise, hoping to scare off ferrothorn/tyranitar/blissey.

Toxicroak:

Nature:Adamant

Evs: 244 hp, 252 Atk, 12 spd.

Moveset: Ice Punch
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Drain Punch

Item: Life Orb

Comments: Toxicroak is quite fragile so I feel that its quite risky to set up so I tried to make it bulker by giving using this ev spread. Ice punch is to 1/2 gliscor or dragons hp(except Dragonite w Multiscale) at least to let the rest of the pokemon clear up since a lot of the pokemon in OU tier outspeed Toxicroak and can probably OHKO it if theres no def,SpD or hp ev.

Yup so all in all, this is my Rain team. I am not sure if its the problem with the team mechanics itself or me using it becoz I play Sunny Day and Sandstorm team with ease and win matches much more easily than this. I would kindly appreciate any feedback or suggestions and would gladly consider them.

Thank you! ~

Dragonite's Brick Break does about the same recoil to Dragonite as it will do to Ferrothorn due to the high defense stat, Iron Barbs, and Rocky Helmet. Normally you could run Fire Punch, but in the rain, it's not much better than Brick Break against Ferrothorn. However Substitute is excellent for handling Ferrothorn, Blissey, and a wide variety of defensive Pokes. The downside to changing Brick Break, is now Dragonite can't beat Tyranitar very well, but with Scizor and your other two fighting types this shouldn't even be a problem. Also if you're going to run bulky Scizor, remove the Life Orb for something like Leftovers or Steel Plate.
Good Luck Axozel

Dragonite's Brick Break does about the same recoil to Dragonite as it will do to Ferrothorn due to the high defense stat, Iron Barbs, and Rocky Helmet. Normally you could run Fire Punch, but in the rain, it's not much better than Brick Break against Ferrothorn. However Substitute is excellent for handling Ferrothorn, Blissey, and a wide variety of defensive Pokes. The downside to changing Brick Break, is now Dragonite can't beat Tyranitar very well, but with Scizor and your other two fighting types this shouldn't even be a problem. Also if you're going to run bulky Scizor, remove the Life Orb for something like Leftovers or Steel Plate.
Good Luck Axozel

What if I replace Brick break with dragon pulse for STAB bonus? o.O

What if I replace Brick break with dragon pulse for STAB bonus? o.O
NONONONONO. NEVER run Dragon Pulse on Dragonite. If you must run a special Dragon-type move on Dragonite, at least make it Draco Meteor. Dragon Pulse is weak, and if you're running full special, Latios is likely the better choice. Keep Brick Break, or if you feel it isn't good enough, run ExtremeSpeed for the priority.

I'd advise replacing toxicroak or breloom since their both naturally fragile and with a common type. and I also notice you have no check for gyardos besides neutral seed bombs and ice punch(not stabbed).

a big problem is your lack of speed combined with a terrible dragon weakness (as in, 1 resist holding life orb :/)

brelooms a good pokemon but it doesnt really seem to fit here on this team (it seems somewhat pointless, you already have toxicroak and it doesnt look like you need spore too much, especially without anything fast to abuse it)

i think i would go choice scarf jirachi over breloom, mostly because it gives an extra dragon resist while still giving you a safe option vs tyranitar (while also plugging up some other weaknesses i saw (mainly sd scizor and sd lucario)). yeah i know "fire punch in the rain" so you could go a few different directions and run a mixed scarf with thunder or even ditch the scarf idea and run an offensive cm jira thats faster than luc ... losing the faster over dragons advantage would hurt tho

just a few notes about your evs:

- politoeds are really in effective - if you want to go the route of giving it sdef use this spread:

252 hp/112 def/144 sdef Calm. this gives politoed a stat spread of 384/214/299 (a whopping 9 extra points of defense with the exact same hp and sdef)

- give toxicroak a spread of 100 hp/252 atk/156 speed adamant - you'll still retain some of the bulk but much more importantly, you will outspeed many standard gliscors, allowing you to ohko with ice punch - it also beats random jolly cb ttar who max at out 243

- absolutely dont run brick break on dragonite with a modest nature and no evs - just go with draco meteor, or if killing ttar is that big of a deal, superpower. an unboosted brick break just doesn't do enough to anything to be worth using in this team.

- give swampert protect over roar. with team preview, theres no reason to be scouting with only stealth rock, especially since your weakness to things you want to get hit by sr (like volcarona) isnt really that big at all thanks to your own dnite. protect allows you to actually scout sets as well as heal hp obviously.

hope these little things help

a big problem is your lack of speed combined with a terrible dragon weakness (as in, 1 resist holding life orb :/)

brelooms a good pokemon but it doesnt really seem to fit here on this team (it seems somewhat pointless, you already have toxicroak and it doesnt look like you need spore too much, especially without anything fast to abuse it)

i think i would go choice scarf jirachi over breloom, mostly because it gives an extra dragon resist while still giving you a safe option vs tyranitar (while also plugging up some other weaknesses i saw (mainly sd scizor and sd lucario)). yeah i know "fire punch in the rain" so you could go a few different directions and run a mixed scarf with thunder or even ditch the scarf idea and run an offensive cm jira thats faster than luc ... losing the faster over dragons advantage would hurt tho

just a few notes about your evs:

- politoeds are really in effective - if you want to go the route of giving it sdef use this spread:

252 hp/112 def/144 sdef Calm. this gives politoed a stat spread of 384/214/299 (a whopping 9 extra points of defense with the exact same hp and sdef)

- give toxicroak a spread of 100 hp/252 atk/156 speed adamant - you'll still retain some of the bulk but much more importantly, you will outspeed many standard gliscors, allowing you to ohko with ice punch - it also beats random jolly cb ttar who max at out 243

- absolutely dont run brick break on dragonite with a modest nature and no evs - just go with draco meteor, or if killing ttar is that big of a deal, superpower. an unboosted brick break just doesn't do enough to anything to be worth using in this team.

- give swampert protect over roar. with team preview, theres no reason to be scouting with only stealth rock, especially since your weakness to things you want to get hit by sr (like volcarona) isnt really that big at all thanks to your own dnite. protect allows you to actually scout sets as well as heal hp obviously.

hope these little things help
Really great and useful advice ^^. Looking into it and considering the changes now. ^^ Thank you. Regarding Swampert, roar is to phaze out pokemon who set up status boost and subs. So should I still go for protect?

I'd advise replacing toxicroak or breloom since their both naturally fragile and with a common type. and I also notice you have no check for gyardos besides neutral seed bombs and ice punch(not stabbed).
Swampert can tank Gyrados EQ, Stone edge and Waterfall I assume? ^^ Predicting that opponent would switch out, I would use roar to see if I could get a free turn =D

I would like to recommend using a Jirachi spdef with rocks seeing as latioas can switch in freely and send off Draco meteors or Surfs with the boost in Rain. So with the spdef rachi Thunder and stealth rocks are key on it's move set, next i would like to recommend a Tangwroth instead of breloom seeing how gliscor gives you a rather big annoyance and breloom is pretty frail and can't do a whole lot in this current metagame.

Sets:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Thunder
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder/Leech Seed
- Knock Off

GL

I would like to recommend using a Jirachi spdef with rocks seeing as latioas can switch in freely and send off Draco meteors or Surfs with the boost in Rain. So with the spdef rachi Thunder and stealth rocks are key on it's move set, next i would like to recommend a Tangwroth instead of breloom seeing how gliscor gives you a rather big annoyance and breloom is pretty frail and can't do a whole lot in this current metagame.

Sets:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Thunder
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder/Leech Seed
- Knock Off

GL

Thks a lot. I guess I will be using Jirachi ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)